The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Whatever works. That Twitter post leads to a Miami Herald page with a video on top that is no way pro Biden, old and creepy is the message. They might have fucked up there.

Here's the Castro bit.

And here's the page with the video on top that needs the sound turned on.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article245715145.html

Miami-Dade went Dem 2:1 last time out and the only other significant Cuban populace is NYC, I can’t imagine it’s worth spending a whole lot of time trying to appeal to older Cubans. The Puerto Rican’s who’ve been moving to central FL are likely going to be a more significant factor - Hillsboro County (Tampa and surrounds) is likely to be a better bellwether. 

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Miami-Dade went Dem 2:1 last time out and the only other significant Cuban populace is NYC, I can’t imagine it’s worth spending a whole lot of time trying to appeal to older Cubans. The Puerto Rican’s who’ve been moving to central FL are likely going to be a more significant factor - Hillsboro County (Tampa and surrounds) is likely to be a better bellwether. 

From what you hear about Republican strategy (and possibly Russian....*), it's about making minorities disillusioned and less likely to vote rather than getting them to switch to Trump, so if they reduce turnout in Miami it would help the Republicans.

*(I don't think the Russians really like Trump, he's done f**k all about sanctions, but a chaotic America is always fun to watch, and there still might be that video of him wanking in a Moscow hotel room watching hookers pish on Obama's bed.)

Quote of the day: He said he did a "tremendous" job on the virus, insisted "it's going to disappear" and that "a lot of people think masks are not good." Asked who said masks aren't good, Trump replied, "Waiters." 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/politics/donald-trump-town-hall/index.html

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

She might well be the hottest person I've ever disliked so intensely.

She's more skilled at it than Kellyanne Conway. Just drops a quick spin on what he said without denying it and moving quickly onto something else. I don't get the hot bit, she looks like she was moulded out of recycled Irn Bru bottles.

22 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I can see the US fragmenting into two or three countries in the next decade or two, which I think will be a good thing. We're living in interesting times.

I've been thinking for a while that if Trump loses the election but wins some southern/midwestern states, he'll tell them to declare independence and create a new country with him as president.

I think he's far too lazy to do anything like seceding. I get the impression his big dilemma is that he's clearly bored of being president but doesn't want to go down as a LOSER so any narrative he can create where the game was rigged and he can retire and start a Q TV channel then he's golden.

I get that there's the significant issue of a global pandemic influencing this, but come on.

EiEaJA5WkAA6d9c.jpeg.thumb.jpg.abd48ad69cf1bc922b8757cf86e5ed5e.jpg

https://text.npr.org/s.php?sId=911460651

The article does question just how successful the Trump campaign strategy is - ie just knocking on doors doesn't count for much if you have nothing to say on the doorstep anyway - but I have a horrible feeling they're going to Hillary this. While the reasons for not having as much of a presence as usual are commendable, the importance of having a ground level campaign at all being dismissed by the campaign manager sets alarm bells ringing.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

alas, I doubt the fanbase of Mr. Grab 'Em By The Pussy cares.

edit: was going to say that maybe actual video footage of him being a beast *might* make a difference to some voters but even at that it's just a nice easy "FAKENEWSFAKENEWSFAKENEWS DEEPFAKE VIDEO" defence for him.

Plus Biden is on shaky ground when it comes to attacking anyone over sexual assault afaik (allegedly)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

alas, I doubt the fanbase of Mr. Grab 'Em By The Pussy cares.

edit: was going to say that maybe actual video footage of him being a beast *might* make a difference to some voters but even at that it's just a nice easy "FAKENEWSFAKENEWSFAKENEWS DEEPFAKE VIDEO" defence for him.

Plus Biden is on shaky ground when it comes to attacking anyone over sexual assault afaik (allegedly)

That was shown up to be RT funded tosh.  You are right, though, if Pussygate didn’t kill Trump’s bid, nothing on those lines will count against him this time around.  Biden would be well advised not to go near it, not for the reason you mention, but because it’ll be policy that wins this election, not conspiracy theories.  Or at least, in any functioning election.

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I think he's far too lazy to do anything like seceding. I get the impression his big dilemma is that he's clearly bored of being president but doesn't want to go down as a LOSER so any narrative he can create where the game was rigged and he can retire and start a Q TV channel then he's golden.

Second term is like sixth year when you have an unconditional offer for uni. He could play golf every single day.