The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

You can see exactly why the Republicans have been so keen to exert control over the judiciary.

It's most amusing that they're such massive c***s that not even a hugely skewed Supreme Court can bring themselves to vote in favour every time.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Serial Lying Jobbie Cohen getting battered by Trump's lawyers for being a serial lying jobbie.

He's the hero The Democrats Party deserves, and the the one it needs right now.

It's a bold move from the prosecution to rely on a star witness who has literally been sent to prison for his lying.

This is one of my favourite headlines from the trial so far.

image.thumb.png.7d753d5851f4d1afe6f9d89e3575ecea.png

All the prosecution need to do is show that Cohen’s testimony (backed up by documents, texts, tweets, recordings, other witness statements, etc.) is more credible than the case the defence are making.  Thy have a reasonable chance of doing this.

I know juries are not supposed to draw inferences from a defendant not giving evidence but it’s fair to say they will and I cannot see even Trump being stupid and egotistical enough to take the stand.

I predict his excuse for not giving evidence afterwards was that he was under a gag order and his thick-as-shit supporters will buy that.

No chance that Trump will take the stand - he'll cite that as him giving credibility to something he doesn't think should be happening. 

I don't think Trump's lawyers battered anyone. Shouty, aye. Cohen remained pretty open that he'd lied and wanted Trump sent down so acknowledged his own prejudice. Question for the jury is whether they believe he's telling the truth now. Trump's a c**t and a racketeer so I don't think Cohen is telling anyone something new. 

Despite all his bluff and bluster I note that Trump has made sure not to violate the gag order since being threatened with jail time.  If he’s found guilty in this case (quite possible) and incarcerated (less likely) he’d be totally fucked.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Despite all his bluff and bluster I note that Trump has made sure not to violate the gag order since being threatened with jail time.  If he’s found guilty in this case (quite possible) and incarcerated (less likely) he’d be totally fucked.

I hope somebody's taking note of that fact that there are apparently some things that put the shits up him.

He's a bigger wuss than I thought. It's not like they'd be sticking him in general pop at Rikers.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He was bragging about having his GOP surrogates mouthing off about the judge's daughter on his behalf.

He's old enough now that he'll likely die first, but over enough time it's inevitable that he'd put himself in serious avoidable bother from his inability to keep his fucking mouth shut.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I also suspect, he will be found guilty, but with all the counts basically identical, it’ll likely be all or nothing.

The charges are Non-violent, Class E Felonies in New York. These are the lowest level of felony in New York, and carry up to a 4 year sentence (with no minimum, per charge) in State jail. It is very common to see non-custodial sentences handed down for these sorts of charges, perhaps probation or conditional discharge. Either one might include terms that Trump may find very difficult to comply with, thus providing an amuse-bouche from the judge Donald has been berating.

Also, the underlying falsification charges are a Class B Misdemeanor, and only elevated to Felony due to the commission in the course of another crime…so the jury could elect to convict on Misdemeanor charges instead (good chance), or some mixture (unlikely). That would result in a maximum sentence of 3 months in State jail (again, per charge)

Prediction: Guilty on misdemeanor falsification, sentence of one year probation, with terms to include “no contact with known criminals” (that’s a problem for Trump, given all his primary advisors seem to collect charges like stamps), “no visiting or residing in high crime areas” (what was it Donald said about Washington D.C.?), a possible “curfew”, perhaps “drug testing” and (hopefully) “community service”.

That'll be yer Rudy Giuliani taunting the Attorney General about having avoided being served an indictment in the Arizona fake electors scheme, only to be served half an hour later, storming out of his birthday party in the huff, and taking down his gloating tweet.

Honestly, if he claims dementia in the end, I'd be inclined to believe it.

image.thumb.png.22873cd5353cd3be48940652880955f6.png

12 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Cohen admits stealing $30,000 from the 'Trump Organization'.

Trump only needs 1 juror to believe he's not guilty to avoid prosecution. Sphincters tightening everywhere. 

If you can't trust a crooked lawyer and admitted thief previously jailed for lying during legal proceedings,  who can you trust?

29 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Cohen admits stealing $30,000 from the 'Trump Organization'.

Trump only needs 1 juror to believe he's not guilty to avoid prosecution. Sphincters tightening everywhere. 

Not quite true. It would enable him to avoid conviction for now, but he could be retried.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump won’t testify.  Colour me shocked!

Surprised he hasn't trotted out the "I can't testify" line again, but Merchan shut that down pretty hard last time he used it. The interesting thing is the decision by the defendant to testify or not is one of the few things the defendant controls in a trial. The defence counsel controls most of the stuff, but cannot block the defendant from taking the stand.