The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Only thing I can think is he was hoping for his nutcases to take a load of Congressmen including Pence and Pelosi hostage, giving time for some of the police and military to take sides. More likely he just wanted a bit of havoc as revenge against McConnell for not backing him on stealing the election, and something for him to watch on TV. Apparently the only time he got annoyed was when the QAnon guy with the cow horns appeared, not even wearing a Maga hat.

Q shaman looked disgusting at Congress, nipples protruding very disrespectful

4 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
8 hours ago, TxRover said:
The hitch is the procedure (12th Amendment) is clear that the certification shall occur in a session starting upon Jan 6th, period, and ending after all States reports have been accepted or rejected. With a number of objections, the final decision could be days later, but the inability to immediately present the next alphabetical report would potentially kill the process in a way that an objection debate rolling into Jan 7th would not. In that case it may fall as a convergent election, which tosses it to the House, under one vote per State, based upon the majority vote of the Representatives of each State. There was no “backup” tally reports and certifications, something I suspect will be rectified going forward.

There are more copies of the electoral votes, not just the one sent to the senate

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, 6 in total including the National Archives.

Yes, but not the certification documents, there is one of those with each original vote tally. Without the certification from a State authority, the tally cannot be accepted.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes, but not the certification documents, there is one of those with each original vote tally. Without the certification from a State authority, the tally cannot be accepted.

Certificates of Vote Subject to the Call of the President of the Senate

OFR holds one of the two original Certificates of Vote subject to the call of the President of the Senate in case one or more of the Certificates of Vote fail to reach the Senate on time. If the Archivist does not receive a Certificate of Vote from a State by a week after the meeting of the electors, OFR calls that State's contact person to make sure the Certificates of Vote were sent and asks the State to trace the package. If OFR does not receive any Certificates of Vote from a State by the deadline for receipt of electoral votes, OFR gets a duplicate original from the Secretary of State of the State or the Federal District judge (3 U.S.C. sections 12 and 13).

https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/roles

He’s so deluded. 🤣 I genuinely think he does believe a lot of this pish he’s spouting is true.

eta - I don’t think he even understands how the things he is talking about, such as the economy, actually works.

Edited by Jambomo

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

He’s so deluded. 🤣 I genuinely think he does believe a lot of this pish he’s spouting is true.

eta - I don’t think he even understands how the things he is talking about, such as the economy, actually works.

Great numbers, very complicated. Be careful. 

My degree in economics must be worth more than his and one of my lecturers was Jeanette Findlay so that’s saying something