The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I remember vividly Ronny Jackson signed him off as being 6'3 and 239lbs, because that put him at an inch shorter and a pound lighter than Dwyane Wade. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but it still seemed unlikely. 

NBA Champ Dwyane Wade Bares All: 'I've Got Some Good Years Left' – Rolling  Stone

His many disparaging remarks about other people’s weight might come back to bite him.

I was thinking you meant this guy, but Jackson was the navy guy.

IMG_1657.thumb.jpeg.baa54f93b18e3dfdcbeb274fc11c66d9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

His many disparaging remarks about other people’s weight might come back to bite him.

I was thinking you meant this guy, but Jackson was the navy guy.

IMG_1657.thumb.jpeg.baa54f93b18e3dfdcbeb274fc11c66d9.jpeg

I did; if there's at least one thing decent about the Biden administration it's not having to get confused over multiple nutjobs. 

This is an interesting development.  On the one hand it will surely force the prosecution to show their hand as I imagine they will have to present evidence and argue positions that will apply to other defendants further down the road.

On the other hand it might undercut the argument to move the case to federal court.  If he’s found guilty it will also make life more difficult for other defendants.  I wonder if he will cut a deal.

IMG_1660.thumb.jpeg.f417d0b963561b9c85327dae4f9a3bae.jpeg

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is an interesting development.  On the one hand it will surely force the prosecution to show their hand as I imagine they will have to present evidence and argue positions that will apply to other defendants further down the road.

On the other hand it might undercut the argument to move the case to federal court.  If he’s found guilty it will also make life more difficult for other defendants.  I wonder if he will cut a deal.

IMG_1660.thumb.jpeg.f417d0b963561b9c85327dae4f9a3bae.jpeg

Interesting strategy suggested by some requests:

Chesebro requests a speed trial, which Georgia state law requires…in this case, by November, if requested. Would likely result in a separation of trials, letting the others see all the evidence in the charges against Chesebro, and the prosecutors tactics.

Meadows requesting a transfer to Federal Courts under a scope of his duties argument, which will test the argument, and allow others to craft their appeals on the same basis to correct weaknesses identified by the judge in his request for future requests.

On 23/08/2023 at 16:59, Granny Danger said:

It is being suggested that Trump will have his height and weight taken as part of tomorrow’s arrest procedure.  That could prove hilarious.

Unfortunately the normal procedure is just to take the defendant’s word for it because it doesn’t matter a whole lot, and most people don’t tend to lie that badly. 

Edited by carpetmonster

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Inmate #P01125809…reported as 6’ 3” and 215lbs…yea, right.

IMG_0587.thumb.webp.b44a6b5d831ba28d43b9346373d08374.webp

In fairness, 6’3 is fairly consistent.  The weight… well, he’s lost a lot since leaving office, probably knowing this day would surely arrive.  He would have been closer to 250 by the time he left.  

But besides that, that scowl is something else.  Joyous, but something else. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, 6’3 is fairly consistent.  The weight… well, he’s lost a lot since leaving office, probably knowing this day would surely arrive.  He would have been closer to 250 by the time he left.  

But besides that, that scowl is something else.  Joyous, but something else. 

So he’s a consistent liar?