The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Right, can someone explain to me how polling is showing Trump beating Biden in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and Michigan? 

‘It’s the economy stupid’

inflation, particularly fuel inflation has many feeling worse off.

it’s been dogging Biden.  This despite record job creation.

Just now, aDONisSheep said:

The economy is important but the biggest issue with voters is Biden’s age.  Why should anyone trust a man on the economy, foreign policy, domestic policy, etc. who is already showing signs of cognitive decline with the election still a year away and a second term that would keep him in the White House until January 2029.

Biden’s ego might well hand the election to Trump.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The economy is important but the biggest issue with voters is Biden’s age.  Why should anyone trust a man on the economy, foreign policy, domestic policy, etc. who is already showing signs of cognitive decline with the election still a year away and a second term that would keep him in the White House until January 2029.

Biden’s ego might well hand the election to Trump.

Not even his age, as he's not much older than Trump.  I'd imagine most Americans simply baulk at the prospect of a guy whose mental acuity is somewhat shy of Mr Magoo getting another spell in The White House.

And it shouldn't come down to Biden's ego.  The men in grey sneakers of the Democratic Party need to grow a pair and steer the bus away from the political abyss - and quickly.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Not even his age, as he's not much older than Trump.  I'd imagine most Americans simply baulk at the prospect of a guy whose mental acuity is somewhat shy of Mr Magoo getting another spell in The White House.

And it shouldn't come down to Biden's ego.  The men in grey sneakers of the Democratic Party need to grow a pair and steer the bus away from the political abyss - and quickly.

I agree with all that but as much as I despise Trump he doesn’t seem as nearly as old as Biden and whilst his speeches are long, rambling and incoherent it presents itself as bluster rather than reduced mental acuity.

I agree that the Democrats need to speak truth to power however I do not see anyone forcing Biden out unless he wants to go.  I just hope something happens that makes him want to go.  Maybe a date with the grim reaper.

A Trump victory would be a fucking nightmare and not just for the residents of the USA.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Right, can someone explain to me how polling is showing Trump beating Biden in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and Michigan? 

In November of 2015, the leading Republican candidate was projected to have a clear route to the White House…the candidate, Ben Carson…just saying, polling this far out isn’t science or predictive.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Checked the US Constitution and the only limitations are you must be over 35 and a US citizen to run for President, so presently a convicted criminal could run for the office.

You have to be born in the US as well, hence all the birth certificate conspiracy theories about Obama.

On 06/11/2023 at 17:56, Trogdor said:

Because people are worse-off, or at the very least feel like they are worse-off, under Biden. Inflation and interest rate rises will do that to people. 

There is also the issue that the President quite often feels like he's only ever a few weeks away from being sent to a nursing home, after yet another "senior moment" materialises. Trump is not much younger than Biden, but is clearly in much better mental shape. That's the troubling aspect,  as the deranged stuff he comes out with is calculated and not a product of senility. 

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You have to be born in the US as well, hence all the birth certificate conspiracy theories about Obama.

Not quite; you have to be a 'native born' citizen, hence McCain being able to run when he was born on a naval base in Panama; Ted Cruz was born in Canada but could still run on the basis of he's not winning and maybe his dad did kill JFK. 

15 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not quite; you have to be a 'native born' citizen, hence McCain being able to run when he was born on a naval base in Panama; Ted Cruz was born in Canada but could still run on the basis of he's not winning and maybe his dad did kill JFK. 

Another anomaly is that eight presidents have had a parent born outside the US, Trump being one of them.

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

In November of 2015, the leading Republican candidate was projected to have a clear route to the White House…the candidate, Ben Carson…just saying, polling this far out isn’t science or predictive.

Are you Nate Silver?

37 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We don't talk about Trump's parentage.

Mother Mary had no shame in being chauffeur driven in her cadilac round Brooklyn and Queens collecting rent.

Hence Donnie's brass neck.

Plus the base of the Trump money was made by Donnie's grandfather's bar and brothel in BC's gold rush.

Only in America.

I’m wondering if the New York bar association might want to censure Trump’s lawyers once this case is over.  Some of the language used by Kise and Habba in reference to the New York AG would surely breach professional standards.

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Because people are worse-off, or at the very least feel like they are worse-off, under Biden. Inflation and interest rate rises will do that to people. 

There is also the issue that the President quite often feels like he's only ever a few weeks away from being sent to a nursing home, after yet another "senior moment" materialises. Trump is not much younger than Biden, but is clearly in much better mental shape. That's the troubling aspect,  as the deranged stuff he comes out with is calculated and not a product of senility. 

Trump being "clearly in much better mental shape" than Biden isn't setting the bar particularly high.  Weren't the Kardashians born in the USA? I'm sure at least one of them would be up for it and surely their business success is just as impressive as Trump's (didn't he start off with more than he has now?)

On 06/11/2023 at 12:23, aDONisSheep said:

Yet another bewildering thing about American politics is the notion that Republicans are better at running the economy than Democrats. The exact opposite is true, from Clinton leaving a budget surplus to Bush to the job numbers below: 

F7xAqiIWwAA6lT4?format=jpg&name=medium