The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Not better to watch him meltdown after another defeat then widly move into a slow, lingering bitterness, of how it was everybody else's fault.

I would get the popcorn out for that.  Death would be too sudden and make him a martyr.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I will celebrate that c**t's death.

6 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Not better to watch him meltdown after another defeat then widly move into a slow, lingering bitterness, of how it was everybody else's fault.

I would get the popcorn out for that.  Death would be too sudden and make him a martyr.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.  We can celebrate his slow death; preferably in a jail cell.

I’m not sure how many on here are following Trump at the moment but it’s got even weirder (and more worrying).

The warrant for last FBI visit to Mara Lago contained the standard text authorising the FBI to use lethal force if necessary; it’s included in all FBI warrants.

Trump and his right wing media sycophants are using this to suggest Biden has authorised a hit job on Trump.  Fox News in particular is running full blast with this most ridiculous conspiracy theory.

If Trump wins again we are all fucked.

I ended up watching some of the Stormy Daniels documentary on channel 5 last night. One thing about the current case I've never been clear about is what the actual crime is Trump has allegedly committed? 

Without paying too much attention, I thought/assumed it was something to do with campaign finance laws, but it seems Michael Cohen payed the hush money from his own funds. Did Trump repay him from campaign funds? I also thought I'd read he was never repaid at all, which adds to the confusion.

46 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I ended up watching some of the Stormy Daniels documentary on channel 5 last night. One thing about the current case I've never been clear about is what the actual crime is Trump has allegedly committed? 

Without paying too much attention, I thought/assumed it was something to do with campaign finance laws, but it seems Michael Cohen payed the hush money from his own funds. Did Trump repay him from campaign funds? I also thought I'd read he was never repaid at all, which adds to the confusion.

I thought it was because he had categorised the payment as a legitimate business expense and hence tax deductable but could be completely wrong.

I see his latest post-court rant has E Jean Carroll’s lawyers looking at yet another lawsuit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-e-jean-carroll-attack-b2552494.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=embed1

Even if he wins the Presidency he won’t be immune from civil cases.

5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I thought it was because he had categorised the payment as a legitimate business expense and hence tax deductable but could be completely wrong.

This was my understanding too, at first. 

But...additionally because this was in fact a cost associated with the campaign and not declared as such, it also broke campaign finance laws. 

I still can't see Trump being found guilty.  The idea that there isn't even one faithful Republican on a jury doesn't seem plausible.  In any trial like this one, where politics is everywhere, whether it's in the US, UK or anywhere else, it is impossible for jurors to completely put politics to the back of the mind.

I reckon "not guilty" is inevitable.

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This was my understanding too, at first. 

But...additionally because this was in fact a cost associated with the campaign and not declared as such, it also broke campaign finance laws. 

So was Cohen actually refunded from campaign funds?

Presumably this is the 'crime', as if he had paid out of his own pocket he could easily argue he would've paid Daniels off regardless of whether or not he was running for president.

The jury is out - here's a profile of them on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68848665

My favourite is Juror 11

Born in California, juror number 11 is a product development manager, and her hobbies include exploring the city and eating.

She told the court she did not like Mr Trump's "persona".

"I don't really agree with some of his politics, but that does not mean I can't be impartial," she said. "I don't like some of my co-workers, but I don't try to sabotage their work," she added, prompting laughter from the court.

Is eating really a hobby?

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

So was Cohen actually refunded from campaign funds?

Presumably this is the 'crime', as if he had paid out of his own pocket he could easily argue he would've paid Daniels off regardless of whether or not he was running for president.

The brief that could convince a jury Trump paid something out of his own pocket could get Rose West off with 240 hours community service. 

Posted (edited)

Just popped in to have a look at this, some amount of irrational hatred and bile against the guy, do people on here believe that Biden and his cronies are doing a great job and everything is wonderful?

Genuine question.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just popped in to have a look at this, some amount of irrational hatred and bile against the guy, do people on here believe that Biden and his cronies are doing a great job and everything is wonderful?

Genuine question.

Thank you.

Biden is a doddery old fud for the most part however the prospect of Project 2025 means that if it’s a choice between the GOP or an incontinent Labrador then Denzil the Dug gets the X in his box. 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Biden is a doddery old fud for the most part however the prospect of Project 2025 means that if it’s a choice between the GOP or an incontinent Labrador then Denzil the Dug gets the X in his box. 

Cheers, never heard of that, the whole country looks like it's just totally fucked now. IMO.