The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

21 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

C0S-pa1UQAAtFId.jpg

Nothing to worry about.

It's a bit sad and a bit worrying how quickly we have become inured to this sort of thing.

If 12 months ago anyone was to suggest that the President elect of the U.S. would use Twitter to make a statement like this that person would have been ignored or laughed at.  Yet here we are, and none of us is surprised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38414478

"Russian President Vladimir Putin says Russia is "stronger than any potential aggressor" because it has modernised its nuclear missiles and other forces.

He also said the US withdrawal in 2001 from the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty had "created the conditions for a new nuclear arms race". The US-Soviet ABM Treaty was signed in 1972.

On the victory of US President-elect Donald Trump, Mr Putin said "nobody believed he would win, apart from us".

Mr Trump has strongly praised Mr Putin.

The Russian leader covered many topics in his big annual press conference, lasting more than four hours.

He described as "nothing special" Mr Trump's latest call for the US to "greatly strengthen and expand" its nuclear forces. Mr Trump had spoken of that during the election campaign, he noted."

I find it very hard to believe that Trump doesn't tip. I did a google search for "Trump doesn't tip" and found nothing. Type in another famous person who has a reputation for not tipping, like Michael Jordan, and look at the results. It's hard to imagine that Trump's tipping habits wouldn't have become a huge deal if what pizza topping says is true.  Also, I listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast. Tony's a big lefty, but he says that Trump is the funnest guy in the world to golf with. I can't believe that would be the case if Trump made everyone with him look bad by not tipping when appropriate.

Struggling to keep track of how many times the Trump-hater narrative has flipped in the last 12+ months between Trump nuking Russia and Trump being overly friendly with Russia.

Edited by banana

8 hours ago, Deplorable said:

I find it very hard to believe that Trump doesn't tip. I did a google search for "Trump doesn't tip" and found nothing. Type in another famous person who has a reputation for not tipping, like Michael Jordan, and look at the results. It's hard to imagine that Trump's tipping habits wouldn't have become a huge deal if what pizza topping says is true.  Also, I listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast. Tony's a big lefty, but he says that Trump is the funnest guy in the world to golf with. I can't believe that would be the case if Trump made everyone with him look bad by not tipping when appropriate.

I had the pleasure of going golfing with Donald Trump at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny!

So this must be a load of bull if Trump does not tip

Donald Trump saved my family: Widow's daughter recalls how The Donald paid off her mom's $300,000 mortgage after her father committed suicide

Our next president, Donald Trump, is not modest about his prowess on the links. He once said: “There’s very few people that can beat me in golf.”

Maybe that’s true. But in his visits to Northern California for the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, that hasn’t been the case. The event, which pairs celebrities with PGA Tour professionals in two-man teams, takes place every February on the Monterey Peninsula.

Trump has accepted invitations to the tournament seven times, beginning in 1993 and most recently in 2006.  His team has never made the cut after 36 holes, although technically Trump is 0-for-6 because the 1998 third round was washed out by bad weather and never replayed. It is also difficult to break down how much Trump was responsible for those results because amateurs do not submit their own individual scorecards. Only their team score is recorded. The pro also keeps his own card. If the two-man team does not make the cut on Saturday night, the pro plays the final round on his own.

Yet this much, we can glean from the Pebble Beach record book: None of Trump’s seven professional partners over the years has been helped much by the partnership. The top finisher of the seven was Brian Claar in 2003. He ended the tournament in a tie for 42nd place. Davis Love III won that year.

Three of the other six pros failed to make the individual cut while playing with Trump. Fulton Allem was the second best Trump pro-am partner with a 45th place finish in 1998. Jim McGovern tied for 63rd in 2001 and John Cook tied for 53rd in 2006.

For all that mediocrity, The Donald has had one moment of sublime glory at the AT&T, which is played on three different Peninsula courses. In 1993, he made a hole-in-one on the 12th hole at Spyglass Hill, using a 5-iron when he overrode pro Paul Goydos’ suggestion of a 6-iron and instead followed the advice of a local caddie, “Rocket” Lytle.

My own memories of Trump at Pebble are that he was his usual Trump-ish self, hamming it up to the crowds and enjoying himself. One amateur participant told me that Trump was very cordial when being introduced to the player’s relatives. Another golfer just rolled his eyes when I asked what it was like being in his group.  In other words, a mixed reaction, sort of like the American electorate.

Will Trump ever return to play at Pebble? It’s unclear why he stopped coming after 2006, because the invitation committee’s ways and means are confidential and mysterious. Trump also carries controversial baggage on the fairways, good-natured or otherwise.  Samuel L. Jackson, the actor, once said that Trump cheats at golf. Rock star Alice Cooper and author Rick Reilly’s similar insinuations were cited in a 2015 Washington Post “investigative” story on the topic.

In fairness, no one I’ve spoken with at Pebble has ever accused Trump of shaving strokes or other nefarious activities. Also, he is hardly the only high-profile politician who has been linked to fudging his scores. Former president Bill Clinton’s penchant for taking extra mulligans has been well-documented.

If I’m making a guess, though? Trump’s company has developed or operates 18 resorts or courses around the world–“the greatest golf portfolio ever assembled by one man,” according to the Trump Golf website–so it’s a fairly strong business hunch that he will be back in the Pebble Pro-Am field one day. Just probably not in the next four years.

I know why he hhasn't been back since 2006. 

He also was sued this year for stealing 100% of waiting staffs tips at a restaurant he owns this year. 

http://wonkette.com/599420/trump-sued-for-stealing-servers-tips-has-achieved-peak-trump

Edited by Peppino Impastato

That article says the tips were stolen from employees contracted to another company. I do know that it's fairly common for tips to be confiscated by employers if the employees are illegal aliens, but I've never run into it in any other situation. Why would workers stand for that? Even if they don't sue they'd just go down the road to the next place that's hiring. I suppose it could happen, but it seems like a hard scheme to pull off.

Edit: The lady earned $15/hour. She would have made way more serving for tips all over NYC. Why would she accept a job where they stole her tips?

Edited by Deplorable

I'm getting kind of worried with how much Trump is talking about the Israel / Palestine issue. I would have thought he'd be smart enough to know that there's no real solution to that problem and would avoid a no-win situation. It appears he really thinks he can fix things.

Heard a good idea today. Trump should propose a law that makes it mandatory for all businesses to serve people regardless of their religious or political beliefs. Put all those celebs turning down Trump's inauguration on the same level as Christian bakers. It's only fair that the law treats everyone the same.

I'm getting kind of worried with how much Trump is talking about the Israel / Palestine issue. I would have thought he'd be smart enough to know that there's no real solution to that problem and would avoid a no-win situation. It appears he really thinks he can fix things.
Almost as if he's an egomaniac who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and can make a deal where no one else can. Who knew?

14 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Actually deplorable the article says trumps blamed a 3rd party company which he refused to name and it also noted there is only one other company that is remotely involved in the catering side of that company and it is also owned by trump.   He stole 100% of all his staffs tips.  Nice guy.

At least he's half Scotch Scots.

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/646194?unlock=O0PSAHTAHF7G58Y1

How Analytical Models Failed Clinton

The re­li­ance, or per­haps over­re­li­ance on ana­lyt­ics, may be one of the factors con­trib­ut­ing to Clin­ton’s sur­prise de­feat. The Clin­ton team was so con­fid­ent in its ana­lyt­ic­al mod­els that it op­ted not to con­duct track­ing polls in a num­ber of states dur­ing the last month of the cam­paign. As a con­sequence, de­teri­or­at­ing sup­port in states such as Michigan and Wis­con­sin fell be­low the radar screen, slip­page that that tra­di­tion­al track­ing polls would have cer­tainly caught.

Ac­cord­ing to Kantar Me­dia/CMAG data, the Clin­ton cam­paign did not go on the air with tele­vi­sion ads in Wis­con­sin un­til the weeks of Oct. 25 and Nov. 1, spend­ing in the end just $2.6 mil­lion. Su­per PACs back­ing Clin­ton didn’t air ads in Wis­con­sin un­til the last week of the cam­paign. In Michigan, aside from a tiny $16,000 buy by the cam­paign and a party com­mit­tee the week of Oct. 25, the Clin­ton cam­paign and its al­lied groups didn’t con­duct a con­cer­ted ad­vert­ising ef­fort un­til a week be­fore the elec­tion.

In fact, the Clin­ton cam­paign spent more money on tele­vi­sion ad­vert­ising in Ari­zona, Geor­gia, and the Omaha, Neb­raska mar­kets than in Michigan and Wis­con­sin com­bined. It was Michigan and Wis­con­sin, along with Pennsylvania (the Clin­ton cam­paign and al­lied groups did spend $42 mil­lion on tele­vi­sion in the Key­stone State), that ef­fect­ively cost Demo­crats the pres­id­ency.

Remember in the weeks before the election when the entire political media was mocking Trump for campaigning in Michigan? Remember when they went into fits of laughter at his incompetence when he held one rally in Minnesota? "Republicans haven't won Minnesota since 1972." "He's going to lose Ohio and Florida if he's not careful." He ended up losing Minnesota by 45,000 votes and 1.5%. Trump had the right idea. He knew his message would work in the midwest. If he'd gone all in on his strategy and included Minnesota over Virginia in his rally schedule he wins by an even greater electoral college margin.