The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Just seen a clip on 'The Last Leg' of Trump, defending his ability to remember the name of the dead serviceman during a call with his widow, claiming to have "one of the greatest memories of all time". He really is becoming a parody of himself.

Just seen a clip on 'The Last Leg' of Trump, defending his ability to remember the name of the dead serviceman during a call with his widow, claiming to have "one of the greatest memories of all time". He really is becoming a parody of himself.

It was his bragging about making more calls than the black guy to grieving families that started that whole incident.

Utah Senator and swamp creature Orin Hatch is planning to retire.

A new poll has become the second straight to show Nevada Senator Dean Heller behind for the Republican nomination. Sen. Heller was part of the infamous Gang of 8 who attempted to legalize illegal immigrants. 85% of Nevada Republicans in the poll are favorable of Donald Trump and 86% say they are more likely to vote for a candidate who supports his agenda. 

We could be seeing the final nail in the coffin of the Republican Party as the party of the slightly right of center business class. They mined downscale whites for votes, but now they are losing their party. We are seeing the same thing happen in the Democrat Party as elite progressive whites will probably lose control of their party to the coalition of the fringes. Our future politics seem headed towards a contest between people regardless of class who view themselves as "Americans" and identify with the traditional culture, and those regardless of class who dislike traditional America. It's going to be ugly. 

10 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

4May or may not find this interesting, but its a pretty civil debate between the left leaning Kyle Kulinski and right leaning youtuber Razorfist, Moderated by TJ Kirk aka The Amazing Atheist.

I'll admit to knowing nothing about either of them prior to going into this but they both seem fairly passionate and informed about the questions posed to them and if anything else its interesting to see how far apart the left and right are on issues. Well maybe its interesting to me as im a left leaning centrist so while i find myself more often than not agreeing with Kyle's opinions, on a couple of points i can totally see this Razorfist fella's points and while i might not entirely agree with them or even outright disagree, i can respect them.

Pretty surprised by TJ's moderation also, seeing as he is a pretty outspoken guy at times, he stays completely neutral and gives both plenty of time to voice their thoughts, as a good moderator should.

Are we really that far apart on issues that don't revolve around race, ethnicity, and collective identity? Take health care. Your average conservative wants the government in control of between 40 and 60% of health care. Your average liberal wants the government in control of 70-80%. I think the current % is somewhere around 50%. You have small groups on the fringes beyond, but it seems we're on the same field arguing about precisely where to put down our flag. 

23 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Are we really that far apart on issues that don't revolve around race, ethnicity, and collective identity? Take health care. Your average conservative wants the government in control of between 40 and 60% of health care. Your average liberal wants the government in control of 70-80%. I think the current % is somewhere around 50%. You have small groups on the fringes beyond, but it seems we're on the same field arguing about precisely where to put down our flag. 

Or how trivial actually supporting a flag is

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

CNN reporting grand jury may hand down first indictments from the Mueller investigation on Monday.  No wonder the Trump camp has upped its diversionary tactics of late.

His pals in the loonball wing have gone into overdrive with insane ramblings and discredited and paranoid conspiracy theories about uranium.  Roger Stone had a particularly amusing tear-stained (and crude) lash out at all and sundry.  Hannity's on the verge of tears in his monologues these days, and Gorka has been using his internet PhD to demand Mueller's resignation.  All while Trumpers lies about Michael Moore (who is a weird target to choose).  It's almost as if they know what's about to happen.  Oh, how I wish it was Monday already.  

According to Kurt Eichenwald on Twitter (a legal guy with no axe to bear), there may be indictments or announcements of "criminal information".  If it's the former, then the individuals are fighting, if it's the latter, then they've turned against Trump and are ready to squeal on him.

This is going to be glorious, and may well bring down the Wotsit baby.

But at least the good people of Wisconsin have stuck it to the elites.

Bruce Maxwell was the only Major League Baseball player to kneel for the national anthem. We were subjected to stories about how brave and moral he was. He's made news for a few reasons the past few days. First he was at dinner with a city councilman from his hometown in Alabama. He claimed that a waiter refused to serve him. OK. Maybe. Made national news. Turns out that the waiter and his manager say that this is bullshit and an example of powerful people trying to f**k over someone lower on the social ladder. Maybe. Today he was arrested for pulling a gun on a delivery driver. 

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

17 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

I thought you were "from" West Virgina?  

Grafton, West Virginia. Lived there and then my parents moved to a Swiss/German town in Indiana.

The interesting thing about working for Chinese people is that they will tell people who don't tip that they should over the phone. It's very awkward to go look that person in the eye when they don't tip.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal