The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:21, Baxter Parp said:

What do you base this opinion on?

Several things. The lack of evidence, for starters. It has been the subject of wall-to-wall media coverage and official investigations for about 10 months, all of which has come up with one or two people speaking to a Russian at some point, albeit maybe without telling anyone about it at the time. The likes of Flynn & Manafort etc were likely abusing their positions to enrich themselves, and it seems Manafort did plenty of Russia-colluding on behalf of the Clintons too.

To me the most damning thing that has come up is Trump Jr's "I love it" moment, because that at least shows intent. But that only looks bad because of the monster that Russiagate has become since, and anyone on either campaign would have reacted  the same at the time.

The 'assessment' early on that we were told all the intel agencies agreed on was based on false information in a report published by a private company, Crowdstrike, after the DNC denied the authorities access to their allegedly hacked server. If you look at who runs Crowdstrike you'll see there's zero chance of it being an unbiased report. This was the basis for the whole accepted reality that Russia meddled in the election in the first place. At the end of the day, If the DNC emails were not hacked by the Russians, then no meddling and thus no collusion took place, and there is no reliable evidence that the Russians hacked the DNC.

The laughable stories about using Facebook, Twitter and Pokemon Go to sway the election should be enough to demonstrate to most thinking people that this is all part of a wider Anti-Russia propaganda campaign. It's the 1950's Red Scare all over again. Now we have Twitter banning RT advertising due to their election meddling,, despite Twitter directly promoting election advertising to RT at the time. All political nonsense.

Anyway, considering relations between the US and Russia have worsened since Trump was elected, it's difficult to see why they would have wanted to help him win. 

10 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Several things. The lack of evidence, for starters. It has been the subject of wall-to-wall media coverage and official investigations for about 10 months, all of which has come up with one or two people speaking to a Russian at some point, albeit maybe without telling anyone about it at the time. The likes of Flynn & Manafort etc were likely abusing their positions to enrich themselves, and it seems Manafort did plenty of Russia-colluding on behalf of the Clintons too.

There's only a lack of evidence if you ignore most of the evidence and diminish the evidence that you're willing to accept.  The only thing Manafort did for Clinton was to try and sink her campaign.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/russiagates-second-smoking-gun-w500294

33 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Anyway, considering relations between the US and Russia have worsened since Trump was elected, it's difficult to see why they would have wanted to help him win. 

They're not evil geniuses, they can be a bit thick sometimes. They thought they'd have a better chance of getting sanctions dropped under Trump, and at least they could undermine a Clinton presidency. They didn't foresee it all blowing back in their faces, making it politically impossible for Trump to ease off on the sanctions.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

They're not evil geniuses, they can be a bit thick sometimes. They thought they'd have a better chance of getting sanctions dropped under Trump, and at least they could undermine a Clinton presidency. They didn't foresee it all blowing back in their faces, making it politically impossible for Trump to ease off on the sanctions.

"These are not very bright guys, and things got a little out of hand."

My issue with the Russia thing is that the Dems are blatantly going to blame their loss on Russian interference rather than learn the domestic lessons necessary. I thought the same thing might've happened here with Brexit but people seem to want to put it down to a collective moment of madness instead which is definitely much more healthy.

Trump's just Tweeted that the Mueller investigation has proved him not guilty of collusion, and HRC guilty.  

The Mueller investigation has only just announced the formation of Grand Juries.  

Donald Trump is a pathological liar, that much is obvious, but there's something genuinely unhinged about his mental state.  The only question at this point is whether the Republicans are prepared to do anything but resign.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

My issue with the Russia thing is that the Dems are blatantly going to blame their loss on Russian interference rather than learn the domestic lessons necessary. I thought the same thing might've happened here with Brexit but people seem to want to put it down to a collective moment of madness instead which is definitely much more healthy.

The Democrats are staggeringly incompetent.  If they contrive to lose the mid-terms, they may as well disband.

May or may not find this interesting, but its a pretty civil debate between the left leaning Kyle Kulinski and right leaning youtuber Razorfist, Moderated by TJ Kirk aka The Amazing Atheist.

I'll admit to knowing nothing about either of them prior to going into this but they both seem fairly passionate and informed about the questions posed to them and if anything else its interesting to see how far apart the left and right are on issues. Well maybe its interesting to me as im a left leaning centrist so while i find myself more often than not agreeing with Kyle's opinions, on a couple of points i can totally see this Razorfist fella's points and while i might not entirely agree with them or even outright disagree, i can respect them.

Pretty surprised by TJ's moderation also, seeing as he is a pretty outspoken guy at times, he stays completely neutral and gives both plenty of time to voice their thoughts, as a good moderator should.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump's just Tweeted that the Mueller investigation has proved him not guilty of collusion, and HRC guilty.  

The Mueller investigation has only just announced the formation of Grand Juries.  

Donald Trump is a pathological liar, that much is obvious, but there's something genuinely unhinged about his mental state.  The only question at this point is whether the Republicans are prepared to do anything but resign.

Not quite, it's on par with "many people believe that..." that he uses as evidence for bollocks like birtherism etc.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923905540291522560

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

There's only a lack of evidence if you ignore most of the evidence and diminish the evidence that you're willing to accept.  The only thing Manafort did for Clinton was to try and sink her campaign.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/russiagates-second-smoking-gun-w500294

I'd suggest the opposite is also true - that when an investigation starts with a conclusion and sets out to prove itself right, any tenuous link or innuendo is seen as the latest smoking gun.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Oh jeez.  The investigation was started by the GOP.

Why does that matter? He always had opposition there and it grows by the day seemingly. My point was that it was 'confirmed' right at the start that Russia hacked the election and the investigations began under this assumption.

Why does that matter? He always had opposition there and it grows by the day seemingly. My point was that it was 'confirmed' right at the start that Russia hacked the election and the investigations began under this assumption.

It’s not an assumption. Russia did try to hack the election. That is a stated fact.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s not an assumption. Russia did try to hack the election. That is a stated fact.

There's a lot of ambiguous terminology thrown around about influence campaigns, misinformation, subverting democracy etc which is pretty light on specifics. Specifically, the DNC server was either hacked by Russia or it wasn't. I don't believe there is evidence out there to declare as fact that it was.