The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

Looks like Bannon's been flipped.

Big excerpt from the book here: Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President One year ago: the plan to lose, and the administration’s shocked first days.  By MICHAEL WOLFF

Thought he had a look of "Jesus f**k, what happened" when the results came out.

03-wolff-trump-lede.nocrop.w1600.h214748

Edited by welshbairn

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Big excerpt from the book here: Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President One year ago: the plan to lose, and the administration’s shocked first days.  By MICHAEL WOLFF

Thought he had a look of "Jesus f**k, what happened" when the results came out.

03-wolff-trump-lede.nocrop.w1600.h214748

Interesting read.

The early comments of 'wide ranging ignorance' and 'semi literate' are actually spot on.  He makes George W look like a Rhodes scholar.

Incredibly detailed dialogue, that'll be the way the Trumpets challenge it. He might have recorded conversations he was present at, tape or short hand, but how did he know the Trump v Murdoch conversation precisely for instance?

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Given the obvious fallout and legal implications I can’t see the publishers releasing the book if they had doubts about its accuracy.

Trump's lawyers are trying to stop them publishing. Meanwhile the author has an article here.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

Latest tweet

“I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock. Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!”

Candidates include the New York Times, The Washington post and objective reality
And Breitbart now?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Given the obvious fallout and legal implications I can’t see the publishers releasing the book if they had doubts about its accuracy.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Trump's lawyers are trying to stop them publishing. Meanwhile the author has an article here.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

Just given it a nice sales boost

As much as I despise Trump I think I despise the Republican establishment more.

I know how desperate they are to achieve and hold on to power, but their collective unwillingness to condemn this despicable clown will go down in history as an act of political and moral cowardness.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know how desperate they are to achieve and hold on to power, but their collective unwillingness to condemn this despicable clown will go down in history as an act of political and moral cowardness.

Tories gonnae tory.  

It's not Trump's views or his world view that the establishment (Dems and particularly Republicans) object to, it's his tone.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's not Trump's views or his world view that the establishment (Dems and particularly Republicans) object to, it's his tone.

Well there's no content until they ask him to do something, like giving more money to the rich. I suppose there's the wall.

He's as thick as shite.  The book excerpts only confirm this above all else. Zero redeeming features. All of this was known to those who matter long before the campaign started.  He's come through by being even more outrageous than even the biggest weirdos and nutjobs the republicans could stand up. 

Edited by HTG

8 hours ago, HTG said:

He's as thick as shite.  The book excerpts only confirm this above all else. Zero redeeming features. All of this was known to those who matter long before the campaign started.  He's come through by being even more outrageous than even the biggest weirdos and nutjobs the republicans could stand up. 

This.  Imagine Trump in a debate, a genuine debate, about anything.  It would be a wonder to behold.