The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Deplorable said:

Political terrorism resulting in death when democratic means are available is the worst crime a person can commit. In addition to the deaths it is aimed at each and every citizen and seeks to undermine our very democratic way of life. Anybody who engages in it should spend the rest of their life in prison as a specific deterrent. That's my belief. People are of course free to disagree. Beyond that this dude doesn't seem very sorry for what happened and plotted an escape while in prison that would have resulted in the deaths of prison guards. 

A few further thoughts:

The Hamilton musical dude, Lin-Manuel Miranda, is celebrating the release. These are the dudes who lectured Mike Pence about protecting the rights of people? Like the right to peacefully vote for the political arrangements we desire. The right to walk around a city in the US without someone who didn't like the way a vote went blowing you up?

Chicago Rep. Luis Gutierrez, who was actively involved with the violent shutdown of Trump's Chicago and the attacks on Trump supporters, is celebrating the release and decrying US imperialism in the Caribbean. It makes me wonder why I have to be ruled by Mr. Gutierrez.

Didn't seem to affect the IRA's ability to raise funds in the USA. Didn't stop their political wing being lionised by the likes of Trump, either.

1 hour ago, Deplorable said:

Political terrorism resulting in death when democratic means are available is the worst crime a person can commit. In addition to the deaths it is aimed at each and every citizen and seeks to undermine our very democratic way of life. Anybody who engages in it should spend the rest of their life in prison as a specific deterrent. That's my belief. People are of course free to disagree. Beyond that this dude doesn't seem very sorry for what happened and plotted an escape while in prison that would have resulted in the deaths of prison guards. 

A few further thoughts:

The Hamilton musical dude, Lin-Manuel Miranda, is celebrating the release. These are the dudes who lectured Mike Pence about protecting the rights of people? Like the right to peacefully vote for the political arrangements we desire. The right to walk around a city in the US without someone who didn't like the way a vote went blowing you up?

Chicago Rep. Luis Gutierrez, who was actively involved with the violent shutdown of Trump's Chicago and the attacks on Trump supporters, is celebrating the release and decrying US imperialism in the Caribbean. It makes me wonder why I have to be ruled by Mr. Gutierrez.

Good post :thumsup2

Nae bugger, be it a President or a monarch, should be able to release anybody from jail.
The courts sentence them so only the courts should be able to release/pardon them.

2 hours ago, Deplorable said:

America has a tradition of pardoning terrorists and their backers. George HW Bush pardoned the Reagan people responsible for the illegal funding, supplying and training of the Contras, against the will of Congress, who were responsible for 1600 terrorist attacks against mainly civilian targets in Nicaragua while the democratically elected Sandanistas were in power. Human Rights Watch listed some of their tactics:

• targeting health care clinics and health care workers for assassination
  • kidnapping civilians
  • torturing civilians
  • executing civilians, including children, who were captured in combat
  • raping women
  • indiscriminately attacking civilians and civilian houses
  • seizing civilian property
  • burning civilian houses in captured towns.

Here's some testimony from one of the Contra leaders, Edgar Chamorro, to the International Court of Justice.

We were told that the only way to defeat 
the Sandinistas was to use the tactics the Agency attributed to
"Comunist" insurgencies elsewhere: kill, kidnap, rob and
torture.
28. These tactics were reflected in an operations manual
prepared for our forces by a C.I.A. agent who used the name "John
Kirkpatrick: I assisted "Kirkpatrick' in translating certain parts
of the manual, and the manuscript was typed by my secretary. The
manual was entitled: "Psychological Operations in Guerrilla
k'arfare.. It advocated "explicit and implicit terror" against . . the civilian population, including assassination of government
employees and sympathizers. Before the manual was distributed, I
attempted to excise two passages that I thought were immoral and
dangerous, at pages 70 and 71. One recommended hiring
professional criminals. The other advocated killing some of our
own colleagues to create martyrs for the cause. I did not
particularly want to be "martyredm by the C.I.A. So I locked up
all the copies of the manual and hired two youths to cut out the
offending pages and glue in expurgated pages. About 2,000 copies
of the manual, with only those two passages changed, were then
distributed to F.D.N. troops. Upon reflection, I found many of
the tactics advocated in the manual to be offensive, and I
complained to the C.I.A. station cheif in Tegucigalpa. The
station chief defended "Kirkpatrick' and the manual, and no
action was ever taken in response to my complaints. In fact, the
practices advocated in the manual were employed by F.D.N. troops.
Many civilians were killed in cold blood. Many others were
tortured, mutilated, raped, robbed or otherwise abused.

http://www.williamgbecker.com/chamorroaffidavit.pdf

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think you predicted Trump would lose? Seem to remember you offering bets based on how many points he'd lose by, or something like that.

Can't remember the details but it was on the popular vote. Would have been fun if he'd had to pay out on Trump losing by nearly 3 million votes.

On 25/10/2016 at 08:17, banana said:

Bet on the % of popular vote between Clinton and Trump. Rather that whoever gets >50.0% wins, we set the winning line by mutual agreement based on what we think the final %s will be.

E.g. I'll start the bidding at Trump getting 45.0% (i.e. Clinton 55.0%) of the 2-way popular vote. If he gets at least this %, I win the charity bet. You can now counter with a different %, which I can then also counter, until we reach betting agreement.

If you're good to go, PM me your counter. We'll post the final bet back to this thread.

Sounds a bit like he thought Clinton would win.

Not that predicting the election incorrectly is any disgrace. So did most people.

It is, though, a bit odd slagging off a newspaper for suggesting that Clinton would win when he, quite obviously, thought the same.

Oh, but it's a snowflake-Progressive-Political-Correctness-gone-made-do-gooder-Liberal newspaper.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

No actually, I was looking for an easy bet win based on the fantastical predictions that were going around, such as a 10 point Clinton victory. Shortly after I was predicting a Trump win, but by popular vote. Close enough tbh.

2 hours ago, banana said:

Flashback to June with the Guardian virtue signaling their way to complete failure :lol:

FXz5hMf.png

If this was the Telegraph predicting a Trump win and a right wing renaissance, would that be "virtue signalling"?

Not that predicting the election incorrectly is any disgrace. So did most people.

It is, though, a bit odd slagging off a newspaper for suggesting that Clinton would win when he, quite obviously, thought the same.

Oh, but it's a snowflake-Progressive-Political-Correctness-gone-made-do-gooder-Liberal sh*te newspaper.