The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

For those interested this is the transcript of Mueller's speech in full. Bear in mind he was FBI Director in charge of defending his country against unknown threats, especially after 9/11. If there was a chance of Powell's flawed report about Iraq's WMD being true, he had to act on it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/11/transcripts.mueller/

Anyone got a primer for all these quality American memes that have been sprinkled on this forum lately?

I'm sure they're really great 'n' all, but I can't be the only one who doesn't hang out on 4chan, or wherever the cool kids insult each other these days.

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyone got a primer for all these quality American memes that have been sprinkled on this forum lately?

I'm sure they're really great 'n' all, but I can't be the only one who doesn't hang out on 4chan, or wherever the cool kids insult each other these days.

The Donald's twitter feed is a good place to start, in the responses.

14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/npc-wojak

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For those interested this is the transcript of Mueller's speech in full. Bear in mind he was FBI Director in charge of defending his country against unknown threats, especially after 9/11. If there was a chance of Powell's flawed report about Iraq's WMD being true, he had to act on it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/11/transcripts.mueller/

Were these "known unknowns" or "unknown unknowns"?

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Were these "known unknowns" or "unknown unknowns"?

Whatever they were,  the phoney intelligence about Iraqi WMD was nearly entirely provided by Iranian intelligence through Ahmed Chalbi, every neocon's favourite Iraqi. It was the black arts intelligence coup of just about ever. I met his cousin just before the war by total accident in a pub in Wales, he said he'd count his fingers after shaking his hand.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I had no idea Iran had been involved like that.

You can understand why. Iraq is now more or less a  client state of Iran, after a score draw in their war with Saddam, conning the Americans into spending a trillion dollars doing the job for them, and then kicking them out with the help of Shia militias was genius. It also explains why America seem so irrationally furious with Iran when there are much worse baddies around.

Whatever they were,  the phoney intelligence about Iraqi WMD was nearly entirely provided by Iranian intelligence through Ahmed Chalbi, every neocon's favourite Iraqi. It was the black arts intelligence coup of just about ever. I met his cousin just before the war by total accident in a pub in Wales, he said he'd count his fingers after shaking his hand.

At least you think it was total accident

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

At least you think it was total accident

I copped out of a hill walk when it got a bit tough and weather started changing, and agreed to met the others back in the pub. Chalbi's cousin and me were the only people in the beer garden when a low flying jet went over. I jokingly said, don't worry, it's probably heading for Iraq. Took it well but he explained he had relatives out there. Explained that his family had to leave when the CIA handed over all their intelligence about people connected with the Communist Party to Sadaam, in the 60's I think, could have been later. Interesting chat, so I followed his cousin's career with some interest.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I read "A history of the world since 9/11" by Dominic Streatfield.

It suggests the whole thing kicked off when Iraq tried to buy some aluminium tubes from China from a dealer in Australia.
The CIA were ease-dropping and concluded that the tubes were to be used for centrifuges to enrich uranium, even if they were the wrong specification.
A lot of people thought this conclusion was wrong but not those who needed very little persuasion that it was right.  Hence the war.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I read "A history of the world since 9/11" by Dominic Streatfield.

It suggests the whole thing kicked off when Iraq tried to buy some aluminium tubes from China from a dealer in Australia.
The CIA were ease-dropping and concluded that the tubes were to be used for centrifuges to enrich uranium, even if they were the wrong specification.
A lot of people thought this conclusion was wrong but not those who needed very little persuasion that it was right.  Hence the war.

Every little helps if you want a war. Some of these c***s might have believed this shit, anyone questioning it was ignored anyway, The British and French intelligence services weren't entirely innocent in the passing on of forged documents indicating Iraq was importing raw uranium from Niger.  America had to wave a big stick after 9/11 and goddam they were going to find someone to do it to. Afghanistan was too easy after the Taliban wisely went home to regroup for afters.

Edited by welshbairn