The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Biden is only popular just now because he's benefitted from the soft lighting of the Obama vice presidency.
When he has to defend to his record on race, finance, Iraq, prisons and the Patriot act he will probably end up pissing himself live on TV. 

As we’ve seen, the mental capacity of a candidate to be president means not a jot in these swing states.

His numbers among non-white demographics is also extremely strong. Unless you are implying that he’d do badly among whites because of his race record?

Once Warren starts consistently polling ahead of Trump, I still think Biden is the Democrats’ best hope of winning back the Whitehouse, even if politically the USA could do so much better.

I think that once more light gets shone onto his involvement in three strikes law, anti gang laws, minimum sentencing and death penalty expansion a lot of non white voters will go off him.

His sponsoring of the bankruptcy act was disastrous for minority communities as well. He's close to being the worst person for the job.

Edited by Detournement

Trump’s Twitter feed is something else, even by his own standards. He’s spent all day tweeting garbled gibberish. I think he thinks the game is up. He’s already called for Schiff to resign and be impeached. The projection is almost funny.

Amber Guyger found guilty.
If you haven't been following this story she's a white cop who walked into her black neighbour's apartment and shot him dead. She claimed she thought she was in her own apartment and he was an intruder.
I honestly thought she was black/Latina from some of the picsamber-guyger-murder-case.jpeg

Amber Guyger found guilty.
If you haven't been following this story she's a white cop who walked into her black neighbour's apartment and shot him dead. She claimed she thought she was in her own apartment and he was an intruder.

I read that the defence were allowed to use the stand your ground law which means somebody doesn’t have to leave their own property, even although it wasn’t her property. Needless to say the jury spent less than 24 hours deliberating.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I read that the defence were allowed to use the stand your ground law which means somebody doesn’t have to leave their own property, even although it wasn’t her property. Needless to say the jury spent less than 24 hours deliberating.

Apparently in this case it was the "castle doctrine" within the stand your ground law, from "Every Englishman has the right to defend his castle." Makes me think the UK should start proceedings to collect the rent for the last 250 years. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The jury was apparently 4 African Americans, 4 Latinos, 2 Whites and 2 Asians. Mostly female and young.

The defence tried to get it moved out of Houston to a more YT part of Texas but didn't succeed.

16 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Bad sign for Kamala Harris that she's behind Hilary Clinton with the bookies, unless the odds mean f**k all at this stage. The current polls are all about name recognition, and there's a while to go. 

22 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

From my relatively limited knowledge of Democratic candidates that looks promising.

Certainly don’t want Biden.

I hope Warren isn’t one of those who will become all forgiving if she becomes President.

She could still easily win if she doesn't make the whole election about identity politics, imo. If she thinks of something relatively passable to respond with at the start and proceeds to run rings around him on policy, calling her Pocahontas every time he's getting clamped is going to get old.

If she goes with an I'm With Her mark 2 Yasss Queen campaign, he will absolutely walk it.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Her entire public persona up until a year ago was based on a weird lie. There is no good answer for what she did.

Trudeau is fucked because of blackface but lying about your ethnicity to get jobs that should be going to genuine minority candidates is much, much worse.

Nope, 76% of those polled aren't arsed. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/how-did-canadians-react-to-trudeaus-blackface-images-with-a-big-meh-polls-suggest

Not saying that's good or bad, just is what it is.