The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I'm beginning to think Trump has shot his bolt in terms of disrupting norms and sticking it to the elites, it's just boring now. He could say tomorrow that he's going to kick the UN out of New York and that a lot of people are saying that Biden and Pelosi keep kidnapped child sex slaves in their basements, and people will go, ok whatever, same old Trumpy. I don't think he'll be firing up his base to vote like he did in 2016. If the BLM keep hitting the headlines his commie democrat defunders spiel might gain traction, but I think in general people are weary of him and turnout will drop, especially if Covid doesn't go away and he's still sending a message out that red blooded patriotic Americans don't use postal votes.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm beginning to think Trump has shot his bolt in terms of disrupting norms and sticking it to the elites, it's just boring now. He could say tomorrow that he's going to kick the UN out of New York and that a lot of people are saying that Biden and Pelosi keep kidnapped child sex slaves in their basements, and people will go, ok whatever, same old Trumpy. I don't think he'll be firing up his base to vote like he did in 2016. If the BLM keep hitting the headlines his commie democrat defunders spiel might gain traction, but I think in general people are weary of him and turnout will drop, especially if Covid doesn't go away and he's still sending a message out that red blooded patriotic Americans don't use postal votes.

It’s all down to law and order for Trump.  The whole “at least he’s a pacifist/not KKKillary/not a swamp dweller” act has long since been shown up as the palpable nonsense most folk saw it as.  

It really doesn't matter a damn who wins this election, as the problems which face America are bigger than whoever is in the White House. The partisan politics of both houses ensure that very few policies of substance are ever passed, whilst the social and racial divisions are currently wider than at any time in living memory. And similarly, the one constant throughout the decades has been the economy, now no longer a given. The one thing I would say though is whilst things are unlikely to improve much under Biden, they would unravel further under Trump 2.

Watched a fair whack of the RNC over the week and the whole thing (outside of a few coked up bangers) was boring and rudderless. It did give me the revelation though that Tiffany Trump is hot in a Tara Reid sort of way. Exact same voice.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It really doesn't matter a damn who wins this election, as the problems which face America are bigger than whoever is in the White House. The partisan politics of both houses ensure that very few policies of substance are ever passed, whilst the social and racial divisions are currently wider than at any time in living memory. And similarly, the one constant throughout the decades has been the economy, now no longer a given. The one thing I would say though is whilst things are unlikely to improve much under Biden, they would unravel further under Trump 2.

There's a fair chance that the Dems could hold the House and take over the Senate. If Biden wins I doubt he's got the imagination or courage to do much with the power though. At least he's probably not thinking about more than one term, so hopefully he'll get straight down to business with whatever he has got planned. He'll really only have 2 years to get stuff done, the House or Senate will probably swing back to the Republicans in the mid-terms, which is what usually happens.

20 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It does if you want competent foreign policy, use of budget being spent elsewhere than the military, a White House that isn’t corrupted and self-serving.  On the basis of having a functional State Department, the difference would be enormous.  The politicisation of ICE and DHS is another area where you’d see immediate difference.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a fair chance that the Dems could hold the House and take over the Senate. If Biden wins I doubt he's got the imagination or courage to do much with the power though. At least he's probably not thinking about more than one term, so hopefully he'll get straight down to business with whatever he has got planned. He'll really only have 2 years to get stuff done, the House or Senate will probably swing back to the Republicans in the mid-terms, which is what usually happens.

Have you seen who is getting the Republican nominations for upcoming primaries? QAnon conspiracy theorists, pizza-server-Ukraine-moon hoax advocates, 9/11 truthers and absolutely nut cases.  The Trump takeover of the GOP is complete. 

36 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What specifically do you disagree with, big man?

All of it; nobody’s ducking out of anything, Biden’s perfectly fine if uninspiring, as his live speech last week proved. Compare and contrast to Yo Semite Sam. However the fact Trump’s riddled with syphilitic dementia matters not a jot to anyone who’d entertain considering to vote for him. 

55 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

All of it; nobody’s ducking out of anything, Biden’s perfectly fine if uninspiring, as his live speech last week proved. Compare and contrast to Yo Semite Sam. However the fact Trump’s riddled with syphilitic dementia matters not a jot to anyone who’d entertain considering to vote for him. 

Live lol.

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

So the folks who’re saying it isn’t live are...you...and...Rush Limbaugh. Must be true then. 

I don't know if it's live or not but I know that claiming it can't be edited because it looks like a single shot is stupid. 

If it is live and Biden is cognitively fine he should start doing more events and appearing in public. However we know that the DNC is hugely corrupt and Biden has been displaying dementia symptoms for a while.

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't know if it's live or not but I know that claiming it can't be edited because it looks like a single shot is stupid. 

If it is live and Biden is cognitively fine he should start doing more events and appearing in public. However we know that the DNC is hugely corrupt and Biden has been displaying dementia symptoms for a while.

Yes; it is an excellent idea to encourage people to gather together and travel all across the country in a midst of a pandemic that has been horrifically exacerbated by people gathering together and traveling across the country. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Yes; it is an excellent idea to encourage people to gather together and travel all across the country in a midst of a pandemic that has been horrifically exacerbated by people gathering together and traveling across the country. 

Plenty of other major political figures around the world are out in public and he is notably doing far fewer live interviews than Harris. 

We need these debates.