The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is it not the case that mail-in ballots are often heavily Republican, due to most of them being troops stationed overseas?  

That could be changing according to this. Trump's clearly looking to blame postal voting fraud if he loses, and thinks it favours Democrats if there's more of it because of Covid.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

On 01/09/2020 at 10:24, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I, and I cannot stress this enough, just cannot fucking wait until the debates. I would genuinely get PPV to watch this carcrash. Just 2 old smooth brains, pumped full of drugs, mumbling incoherently at each other.

Trump bragging about how he could've had Anna Wintour  in '87 while Biden challenges him to do push ups.

On 01/09/2020 at 13:41, Dunning1874 said:

https://newrepublic.com/article/159158/democrats-george-w-bush-2020-biden

A good article on why, even in probably winning this election, the Democrats are killing themselves in their attempt to rehabilitate Republicans. They could watch Trump destroy the Republican Party, instead they're saving it at their own expense.

I don't think Republicans have this level of respect for their opponents, civility or institutions and it's why they continue to exert their clearly minority view on the rest of the country. You could be here all day arguing about why the Dems consistently shoot themselves in the foot but I've spun the roulette wheel and today it's Aaron Sorkin. Maybe tomorrow it'll be "they hate their own base"

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyone looking for some well-written and thought-provoking articles on the current febrile nature of US politics could do worse than check out The Atlantic website.

I subscribed to the printed version for a while which I wouldn't recommend, there's usually one decent article in it, most of the rest is padding or stuff that didn't interest me anyway. It's good for the odd long form piece though and easy on the firewall.

19 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is being ill seen as a terrible human flaw with voters in the USA? He may not have had mini-strokes in November but he also seems to deny ever having any kind of ailment whatsoever (apart from when it stops him serving in Nam).

It seemed to work well for Are Boris's ratings when he nearly died from The Virus but pulled through.

They elected FDR for 3 terms, and he's considered one of their great Presidents, so I suspect it's less of an issue with the electorate and more that he refuses to accpet that he is anything less than the perfect specimen.

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

"The top line message is that Trump's Presidency has been an abject failure." Don't see what's wrong with that.

Bit surprised the Trump campaign are trying to make it go viral.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

19 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyone looking for some well-written and thought-provoking articles on the current febrile nature of US politics could do worse than check out The Atlantic website.

It's ok. As someone else mentioned, it usually has one good article every now and then, but a lot of it isn't all that great.

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, Daily Kos, very "mainstream" outlet there conducting a "poll."

Edited by AmericanFan
more