The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

So basically its a win for Trump as nobody is talking about anything else about how much of a clusterfuck it was.No policies etc getting talked about 

Exactly. 

Hillary Clinton in her documentary on Sky talked about 'debating' with Trump. She had the facts at her fingertips, morals on her side (mostly), and prepared for weeks for the debates. 

What happened of course is that Trump overwhelmed the debates...and Clinton...with exorbitant lies that could not stand up to close scrutiny. However, face to face, Clinton was faced with either entering into discussion with Trump over everything he said (and therefore validating it) or allowing it hang out there unchallenged. 

I got the impression that Biden was ready for that last night. Well aware that you can't 'debate' with a child, he just stood there and basically told him to shut the f*ck up.

The overall impression was firstly that the debate did more harm to Trump than Biden, and secondly that it reinforces the fact that American politics is an utter disgrace. A cesspit. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Exactly. 

Hillary Clinton in her documentary on Sky talked about 'debating' with Trump. She had the facts at her fingertips, morals on her side (mostly), and prepared for weeks for the debates. 

What happened of course is that Trump overwhelmed the debates...and Clinton...with exorbitant lies that could not stand up to close scrutiny. However, face to face, Clinton was faced with either entering into discussion with Trump over everything he said (and therefore validating it) or allowing it hang out there unchallenged. 

I got the impression that Biden was ready for that last night. Well aware that you can't 'debate' with a child, he just stood there and basically told him to shut the f*ck up.

The overall impression was firstly that the debate did more harm to Trump than Biden, and secondly that it reinforces the fact that American politics is an utter disgrace. A cesspit. 

Not a single person, other than the Proud Boys racists and bigots, who most likely can’t spell their own names, would have gone, “oh, Trump did a very convincing job there.  I’m going to switch to him.”  And he knows this.  So he’s mobilising his vote to get out, and in the likely event of losing, not accept the result.  Biden, meanwhile, sacrificed presenting his policy (such as it is) for letting Trump rail on like a spoiled child.   This was never a debate, and never about changing hearts and minds.  It all boils down to “own the libs” vs “beige competency at best”.    

Trump’s attitude towards Biden’s children is absolutely abhorrent.  It’s not a question of tearing down norms, it’s about common human decency, of which he has not a modicum.  He’s just a disgusting individual and Biden is preferable on that sheer level alone.

The debate was a shambles, they need to have the mics cut after responses. 

Biden may be far from the 'ideal' candidate to have but Trump is a horrific person and i'm amazed that he still has such a base of support from the GOP.

Trump may not want to hand over the keys to the White House peacefully but i'd imagine that is what will happen should Biden win...with a lot of accusations and dirt throwing. What powers does the incoming President have to look into what Trumps been up to? Is it possible that he (Trump) could be in some legal trouble when he leaves office?

I was just thinking to myself "this American version of Still Game is shite", but it turns out that it was actually the Presidential debate.

But in seriousness, I am not a fan of either of these men. Biden was not the best or most inspiring choice of candidate, but he came across better than I expected during this carcrash of a debate. Trump is a terrible president and person.

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

So basically its a win for Trump as nobody is talking about anything else about how much of a clusterfuck it was.No policies etc getting talked about 

It’s only a win for Trump if it moves the polls in the swing states in his favour.  I don’t think it will.

I think if Trump gets beaten  and there’s a tangible desire to see him answer for all the dodgy shit, taxes, Epstein, Russia etc we might actually see him jump on a plane in January to Moscow and never head back.

Putin would fucking love that.  You can just see him shaking Trumps hand and smiling towards the cameras.

Guest Bob Mahelp
21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s only a win for Trump if it moves the polls in the swing states in his favour.  I don’t think it will.

There's also the fact that the Republicans are desperate to suppress voter turnout. A high turnout in swing states will almost certainly mean a Biden win.

A sure-fire way to turn off any already disinterested voters is a shambles like last night. Two old white fuckers shouting abuse at each other. 

In that sense, every voter who turned the TV off in Wisconsin or Ohio or Florida or Arizona, and said 'you know, I'm not going to vote for either of them'  is almost like a vote for Trump. 

His support is hyper-motivated to get out there. The Democrats are sweating on picking up a percentage of the voters who didn't bother last time around. 

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It is genuinely class that after years of "tired old white man" rhetoric you get to tune in and watch two fossils square up to each other and shit on the left. Identity politics is dead.

Moderated by that young whipper snapper of a white man Chris Wallace (72).

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

The chat I was hearing before hand is that Biden has a comfortable lead with the lowest % of undecided voters in recent history. Draws where nothing of any substance gets talked about and Trump fails to land any "zingers" are absolutely fine for Biden.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's also the fact that the Republicans are desperate to suppress voter turnout. A high turnout in swing states will almost certainly mean a Biden win.

A sure-fire way to turn off any already disinterested voters is a shambles like last night. Two old white fuckers shouting abuse at each other. 

In that sense, every voter who turned the TV off in Wisconsin or Ohio or Florida or Arizona, and said 'you know, I'm not going to vote for either of them'  is almost like a vote for Trump. 

His support is hyper-motivated to get out there. The Democrats are sweating on picking up a percentage of the voters who didn't bother last time around. 

The polls I have seen on the reputable sites show that it is the Biden voters who are marginally more likely to go out to vote.

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The polls I have seen on the reputable sites show that it is the Biden voters who are marginally more likely to go out to vote.

I refer you to the first sentence in my post 🙂

46 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I refer you to the first sentence in my post 🙂

I read your post in full and was responding to the last bit.  I have seen nothing to suggest that Trump voters are more motivated than Biden voters.  Hopefully attempts at suppression will make people more determined to vote.

Trump is not going to accept defeat,he has already said so, however I have feeling that the institutions will not support him.  Maybe that’s naive on my part.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

At the moment it seems lots of folks are very motivated to vote - as at yesterday 860,000 postal votes had already been cast vs 10,000 by the same date last time out. While there’s no indication as to who they’re for, this amount of engagement is hopefully bad news for the GOP.