Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You been on the bevvy!?

Do you never get tired of spouting pish constantly.

No I haven't been on the bevvy and I don't spout pish.

You don't have read it, anyway or respond.

Last I heard this was a free country and anyone is allowed to express their views. This board isn't a dictatorship.

This is a massive decision for the board, we hear how well the club is run off the park and the ambition for success on the park. Now with this appointment the club must deliver a coaching setup capable of delivering and also exciting the people of Dumfries. Recently a few of the appointments appear to be of the 'cheaper' option by promoting from within which hardly inspired anybody ! Speaking to St Johnstone fans here in Perth they can't wait for the next chapter in the QOS soap opera ! As they say we could easily emulate their modest success as the clubs are of similar size and catchment areas. The funny thing is they are jealous of Palmerston and wish they had upgraded Muirton rather than sitting in the farmers field lol

No I haven't been on the bevvy and I don't spout pish.

You don't have read it, anyway or respond.

Last I heard this was a free country and anyone is allowed to express their views. This board isn't a dictatorship.

Tell you what mate on a few threads recently you would think this board was a dictatorship !!! Anybody that dares speak out against the club gets shouted down pretty promptly !!!

Tell you what mate on a few threads recently you would think this board was a dictatorship !!! Anybody that dares speak out against the club gets shouted down pretty promptly !!!

If you choose to put your opinions on a public message board then anyone who disagrees with them is well within their rights to disagree. That's kinda how it works

49 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

That's why it's nothing like a dictatorship at all.

We're all free to give opinions and challenge those we regard as representing Pish.  Anyone suggesting that a boat was missed in our failure to appoint Gary Locke, can probably expect a challenge.

I am very supportive of the Chairman and Board and recognise how they have strengthened the Club significantly in recent times.

That made it all the more surprising to read that there was no great rush to appoint a new Manager - OH YES THERE IS !

Given the horrendous League run we are on and morale suffering accordingly we need an appointment - ASAP -  to make a fresh start and give the players a lift and the motivation that comes with wanting to impress a new Manager.  I am in no way suggesting that any player is currently giving less than his best but confidence suffers when on  a losing run and there is uncertainty at Managerial level.

It is not unrealistic to have expected applications to have been examined and a shortlist drawn up by last weekend with interviews being conducted in the week just gone leading to an announcement early this week.  For the players sake there is now an urgency to have this matter concluded so that they have some direction going forward.

In terms of who that should be, I'll wait and see but having heard Ian Durrant on Tv yesterday I hope it is not him.

Admittedly, he was talking about the Scotland situation but his philosophy is "old school" and we should forget about all the sports science stuff.  You could certainly tell that Rangers under McCoist with Durrant in tow were "old school"  constantly lumping it forward to slow unfit  strikers.   A truly gifted player but perhaps not Managerial material yet.

Archived