Next QotS Manager

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

On odds checker last night Barry Ferguson was favourite. Not my choice. I'm not even sure who I would want in. Who do people want to see come in?

I'd maybe go Jimmy calderwood. Managed at Aberdeen and they had a couple decent seasons with him.

I'd like someone like Calderwood, as he was decent at Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's why it's nothing like a dictatorship at all.

We're all free to give opinions and challenge those we regard as representing Pish.  Anyone suggesting that a boat was missed in our failure to appoint Gary Locke, can probably expect a challenge.

I understand where you are travelling with this. Perhaps this is not a dictatorship after all.

I too am free to give my opinions but I wouldn't say I'm talking pish. You don't need to read or comment if you don't want to.

What's wrong with Locke, anyway. He was good at Hearts getting the youth players thru, not so good at Killie and look where Raith are in the league table compared to Queens currently.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

If you choose to put your opinions on a public message board then anyone who disagrees with them is well within their rights to disagree. That's kinda how it works

I suppose so but I'd hardly say that I'm talking pish.

4 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Tell you what mate on a few threads recently you would think this board was a dictatorship !!! Anybody that dares speak out against the club gets shouted down pretty promptly !!!

I suppose you are correct, there.

4 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

This is a massive decision for the board, we hear how well the club is run off the park and the ambition for success on the park. Now with this appointment the club must deliver a coaching setup capable of delivering and also exciting the people of Dumfries. Recently a few of the appointments appear to be of the 'cheaper' option by promoting from within which hardly inspired anybody ! Speaking to St Johnstone fans here in Perth they can't wait for the next chapter in the QOS soap opera ! As they say we could easily emulate their modest success as the clubs are of similar size and catchment areas. The funny thing is they are jealous of Palmerston and wish they had upgraded Muirton rather than sitting in the farmers field lol

I've never thought of the Perth Saints to be on a par with Queens but it does seem logical when you think about it.

Some think Ross County but Hewitson hasn't got the capital that their chairman has at his disposal.

37 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I too am free to give my opinions but I wouldn't say I'm talking pish. You don't need to read or comment if you don't want to.

But if others do, they are free to tell you under the same rights you claim to voice your opinion.

In the same way, if you dont want others saying your talking pish you are free not to post your opinions on a public message board.

Not that Im suggesting thats what you do, just that the right of opinion works both ways

Skelton managed to for the first 2 months of the season.

He certainly did but how much of that was about Dobbie. Fundamentally the squad was always pretty thin. Remains to be seen but like all Queens fans I hope a new manager can. Otherwise we are in for along winter.

2 minutes ago, overthetop said:

He certainly did but how much of that was about Dobbie. Fundamentally the squad was always pretty thin. Remains to be seen but like all Queens fans I hope a new manager can. Otherwise we are in for along winter.

We still have Dobbie.

Obviously, he was a big part of it, but so was the defence - we had a superb defensive record early on

Archived