The second worst accent in Scotland?

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Neddy accents are grim but what really grates is neddy types who have moved up in the world and pepper their speech with big words like "actually". 

I went to this introduction to health & fitness thing at the City of Glasgow College and the guys running it used the terms 'reiterise' for 'reiterate' and 'the formally ones' for 'the formal ones.' Felt like I was in a meeting with Little Carmine Lupertazzi from The Sopranos.

Working in Glasgow and being from the East coast is possibly the most annoying combination of factors I can think of. The fucking obsession with adding "but" to the end of every sentence and having "KEN LIKE EH" shouted at me after nearly everything I say makes me hate Weegies. Second most annoying accent is by far the pishy West End accent adopted by c***s with names like Nathaniel. f**k the whole lot of them, ken?

9 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Working in Glasgow and being from the East coast is possibly the most annoying combination of factors I can think of. The fucking obsession with adding "but" to the end of every sentence and having "KEN LIKE EH" shouted at me after nearly everything I say makes me hate Weegies. Second most annoying accent is by far the pishy West End accent adopted by c***s with names like Nathaniel. f**k the whole lot of them, ken?

You must work with some complete mouth breathers. I have never added 'but' to the end of a sentence or shouted 'ken like eh' at someone.