Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Bite or no bite it was a stupid thing to do. However I don't think we should lambast and punish Baird, he made a mistake like many others this season. He'll learn, it's a shame about the timing and with the way the game was going it obviously cost us.

Ridiculous not to punish or call Baird for what he achieved yesterday, which may have probably cost St Mirren points.

An unlucky late challenge, a challenge that was never a red card yep but striking an opponent with a punch is so much worth the treatment he should receive at any level of football.

Its the kinda thing we would expect from Muirhead but he has a brain in there saying, don't punch the opposition in broad day light, it will more than likely cost the team and I'll be a dick...

Loving the St Mirren bitegate picture which proves his wrist was close to Lee Millers face, his fist was closer seconds later.....

Surely the management and the player and other players would've been on the case at the time of the game and after the game, if a bite had took place....funnily enough, Baird walked freely and your management team thought Baird had been a dick, considering the incident was yards from them.

Is Shull Barry Lavety ?

Is he still waving his belt above his head bare chested on random roundabouts in the paisley district and shouting at cars...?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Has Jack Baird commented on this or is that nothing photo all we are basing this on?

Not sure if Saints have said anything.

Photo of course is inconclusive; but my point was about whether it seemed likely that the punch was completely unprovoked or not.

What seems more likely?

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Nobody is trying to defend Baird.

And nobody is denying he threw a punch.

He clearly committed the crime.

What was his motive though?

He's a young player, but we've seen him play plenty of games, and we've seen him go up for hundreds of challenges with opposition strikers.

If he had a propensity for punching players for no reason whatsoever I think we'd have seen it by now.

You either think he suddenly decided for no reason whatsoever to punch an opponent - making no attempt at all to hide it - or you think something happened which provoked it.

Which do you think is more likely Stu?

It's very possible he may have been provoked, however if that is the case I think it's far more likely to have been by something Miller said rather than the notion that he bit him.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

It's very possible he may have been provoked, however if that is the case I think it's far more likely to have been by something Miller said rather than the notion that he bit him.

I'd normally have thought that too; but the way it happened looked more like it could have been physical rather than verbal.

I would also say that the first I heard of this came from a Falkirk fan, and I'm sure is completely different to Div's source.

Doesn't mean both are wrong - happened very very quickly.

I guess only Miller and Baird will know for sure.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Not sure if Saints have said anything.

Photo of course is inconclusive; but my point was about whether it seemed likely that the punch was completely unprovoked or not.

What seems more likely?

They both went for an aerial challenge leading to the incident, who is not to suggest Miller may have caught him in some way, it happens and happened to Miller throughout the game but Miller didn't punch the player after being caught, the simple tricks to learn in the game.

The silence from St Mirren fc suggests it didn't happen, cmon St Mirren are in free fall and an excuse like that to some extent takes the pressure of the player and the management......but no, its silence from St Mirren fc

Aye, Miller is constantly backing into the defenders and noising them up so maybe he got Baird riled up that way but that's part and parcel of the game.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

They both went for an aerial challenge leading to the incident, who is not to suggest Miller may have caught him in some way, it happens and happened to Miller throughout the game but Miller didn't punch the player after being caught, the simple tricks to learn in the game.

The silence from St Mirren fc suggests it didn't happen, cmon St Mirren are in free fall and an excuse like that to some extent takes the pressure of the player and the management......but no, its silence from St Mirren fc

A few posts ago I said we'd seen Baird go for hundreds of such aerial challenges, and not once has he done anything as close to punching an opponent.

You're suggesting that what caused this was a normal part of aerial challenges - fine, your opinion, just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

As to Saints not saying anything as yet, I've often wished the club would come out in the past on certain issues - but we tend not to do so.

Very infuriating.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you suggesting that St Mirren wouldnt come out and in some way at least, try to shield one of their players from the wrath of their own support by justifying (a little at least) what looked like an incredibly foolish act that let himself, his team and his supporters down?

You'd have thought a bite would have left some kind of mark that the player would be keen to show the ref and his management

The club are waiting until Lee Miller's dentist opens on Monday morning to compare the bite mark on Baird's arm to Miller's dental records.:whistle

18 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

A few posts ago I said we'd seen Baird go for hundreds of such aerial challenges, and not once has he done anything as close to punching an opponent.

You're suggesting that what caused this was a normal part of aerial challenges - fine, your opinion, just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

As to Saints not saying anything as yet, I've often wished the club would come out in the past on certain issues - but we tend not to do so.

Very infuriating.

Sorry but if so called bitegate happened, I don't think a club in Scotland would remain quiet, it would've been main topic on off the ball and been in most papers today. I'm not suggesting Ross would've had a full rant after the game about it but at the least put it out there in an explanation to protect a young player, As it stands Baird is hung out to dry for his actions and will suffer backlash no doubt

The st mirren centre half's were all over Miller and Baird yesterday, like the Aguero incident, it may have been a combination of build up pent anger.

The facts still stand tho, you don't punch the opposition like a boxer during the game, unless you want an early bath

17 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Aye, Miller is constantly backing into the defenders and noising them up so maybe he got Baird riled up that way but that's part and parcel of the game.

Precisely - and fair play to him, it worked. In hindsight Baird should have thumped him harder so he had to go off and couldn't score against us!

Baird punching someone is out of character so it's not unreasonable to suggest he was provoked. However, beyond a picture that wouldn't have merited a second look without this suggestion, combined with the claim that a whole one Falkirk fan said there was a bite, there is a f**k all evidence that he was bitten.

If something else appears that is a bit more conclusive then fair enough but I think that's less likely than us winning a league game before the end of 2016.

Archived