General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

Has anyone had issues with PS4 controllers? I have 4 and there is an issue with all of them. I bought one from Tesco a few months back and it had similar problems. I've bought one the other night and I'm not certain that isn't on the blink as well. Have I just been unlucky or could there be a problem with the actual console?

6 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Playing the remastered Bioshocks and enjoying it but having problems with he game saves e.g. I'd taken photos of he 3 spider splicers and was about the leave the level to go to the submarine when I saved the game to go back today to get all he little sisters before leaving the level.  Just loaded my last save and it's taken me back to only having taken 1 photo.  Anyone else had problems like his?

On PS3 I never used manual saves, I only ever stopped once I'd reached a new area. I couldn't figure it out either.

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

On PS3 I never used manual saves, I only ever stopped once I'd reached a new area. I couldn't figure it out either.

It's come up with 'game saved' on the screen when starting new level so that might be the only place to restart.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't know what a season pass is.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not but if not, normally it’s just something that you buy that gives you access to all the extra downloadable content that’s released after a game comes out. For example the Assassin Creed games generally have a season pass for each one.

Other games that are long running like Battlefront or Fortnite I think release several season passes in which case you only get the content released between specific dates.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't know what a season pass is.

It's yet another way that game publishers try to extract money from people before they can realise they've bought a lemon.

Fully expect them to start selling pre-order franchise packs, where you can show your dedication to a new series you've just heard of by buying the first six games for a tenner off the (possible, maybe) eventual total retail price.

That’s only really the case for multiplayer games though. Most single player games can buy the season pass at any point after the games release and it makes no difference.

The last assassins creed for instance gave you a remaster of one of the older games that was worth almost as much as the season pass itself as well as a good 30 odd or so hours of new content for the base game.

Edited by Rodhull

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Champions World Class Soccer on the SNES.

Is this the worst mistake ever made in any computer game, ever?

I dunno - I see they've done the standard Union Jack for England further down. You used to see that more often then the flag of St George in football games from other countries. Which says a lot, when you think about it.

Pretty sure I've seen the union fleg used for Scotland before in something, but f**k knows what.

I bought The Witcher 2 from them when it was new out, IIRC. Didn't have any problems, although it was a Russian key, where games appear to be much cheaper.

Only found out recently that those sites are essentially used as money laundering operations by identity thieves, and that it might actually cost the developer money when you buy a key through them, to the point that some devs have said they'd rather people just pirated the game.

Getting intrigued into getting AC: Unity. But I haven't properly played AC since 3, where I didn't finish it as Connor was boring as f**k. 

Absolutely loved Ezio's story, and the games where he's involved. Should I play something else before Unity to really enjoy it? 

Getting intrigued into getting AC: Unity. But I haven't properly played AC since 3, where I didn't finish it as Connor was boring as f**k. 
Absolutely loved Ezio's story, and the games where he's involved. Should I play something else before Unity to really enjoy it? 

The combat’s genuinely, imo, the best of the pre-soft reboot AC’s but there isn’t much else to recommend in it lol.

I do like the franchise but admit it can get samey. AC3 is comfortably the worst one out of the whole franchise so give another a go first as they are all better than that shite.