General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

if your at a lose end and bored skyrim is the game to pick up.

Standard game play before heading out for a mission.. i will just sell my goods to belethor ... i will just smith some amour... just sell the armour ... buy ingredients for alchemy then make potions to sell.. pick pocket the locals... give stolen goods to lydia for her use.. smith some more sell some more ... 5 hours later in real world and i havent even left whiterun yet 😆

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Could never master the pick pocketing in Skyrim, was an easy way to get a wanted level.

It's value based. Need to build up by stealing the least valuable items as they have less chance of getting you caught. Then as you level up you can go for better shit.

It's value based. Need to build up by stealing the least valuable items as they have less chance of getting you caught. Then as you level up you can go for better shit.
The mission in Riften where you have to steal a ring always fucked me. Would quick load numerous times before it worked without being caught. Then, would never do it again!

Review embargo for Ghosts of Tsushima is lifted tomorrow. I so hope it's not shit, really like the look of it but got a feeling it'll be just like a Ninja version of assassins creed.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Could never master the pick pocketing in Skyrim, was an easy way to get a wanted level.

easiest way low level pick pocket save before you do it and reload if caught bit of a shot in the balls but the work around until you can start putting the perks.

The bit i struggle with or even restart the game on  is once i get past a certain level the enemies such as the mudcrabs become hard to defeat 😁

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
4 hours ago, GiGi said:

The mission in Riften where you have to steal a ring always fucked me. Would quick load numerous times before it worked without being caught. Then, would never do it again!

i only get busted if the bloody assassin is after me at exactly the same point i enter riften (sent by the elf from the main storyline for busting her party)

I always worked on my enchantment skills so I could increase my sneak.
If you enhance enchantment and your forge skills prior to making items it improves them massively (use potions and enchanted armours prior to making items and further ones prior to enchanting. If you improve the making and enhancing abilities of these armours whilst already having the bonuses from potions and enhancements then the added bonuses will stack, insane levels of enhancements then).
Do it for strength in armours to carry more and sneak etc on rings and necklace for a fully buffed character

"The 25 greatest video game consoles – ranked! | Games | The Guardian" https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/jul/16/the-25-greatest-video-game-consoles-ranked

Decent wee write up. All subjective I suppose but being a PlayStation fanboy they've got them in the same order as me. PS4 has been an excellent console but the catalogue of games on the PS2 makes in my all time favourite console. I think the first game I saw on PS2 was ISS and was absolutely blown away with it. Obviously the graphics keep getting better but I don't think there has been as big a jump as when they went from PS1 to PS2.

I was never a Nintendo owner but the SNES seems to be regarded highly so can't complain with that. But it's nice to see an article take everything into consideration and not just the power of the machines.

PS1 being rated below the PS4 is an absolute no for me.
The fact you could play PS1 games on PS2 probably works against PS1. I still have the console and loved it but there wasn't much use for it really after getting the PS2. Still an outstanding console. PS4 is my personal 2nd favourite.

The PS4 probably has the greatest library of games of any console. The PS1 was a trailblazer and brought gaming into the mainstream, but it also had a huge amount of completely shite shovelware games.

The original Xbox being ranked higher than the Xbox One is the real travesty in that list. I feel like the Master System deserves to be higher than 23 as well.

"The 25 greatest video game consoles – ranked! | Games | The Guardian" https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/jul/16/the-25-greatest-video-game-consoles-ranked

Decent wee write up. All subjective I suppose but being a PlayStation fanboy they've got them in the same order as me. PS4 has been an excellent console but the catalogue of games on the PS2 makes in my all time favourite console. I think the first game I saw on PS2 was ISS and was absolutely blown away with it. Obviously the graphics keep getting better but I don't think there has been as big a jump as when they went from PS1 to PS2.

I was never a Nintendo owner but the SNES seems to be regarded highly so can't complain with that. But it's nice to see an article take everything into consideration and not just the power of the machines.
The gameboy not in the top 25 seems abut strange, it's a fairly iconic console and without it we possibly wouldn't have some of today's portable consoles.

I guess its a discussion on its own - how do you rate consoles? Is it all about innovation and breaking new ground or performance, or the games catalogue?

Personally, I would put the games catalogue bottom of the list but that article seems to have rated that pretty highly.

23 minutes ago, spud131 said:
15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The gameboy not in the top 25 seems abut strange, it's a fairly iconic console and without it we possibly wouldn't have some of today's portable consoles.

Given its absence, and the DS, I assumed handelds werent included

I guess its a discussion on its own - how do you rate consoles? Is it all about innovation and breaking new ground or performance, or the games catalogue?
Personally, I would put the games catalogue bottom of the list but that article seems to have rated that pretty highly.

Probably a combination of all 3 for me. If it was purely down to performance/power then it wouldn't be much of a list as the latest model would of course win. Catalogue is a big one for me. It's all well and good having a cracking machine but if there isn't enough choice of games then it's all pretty worthless for me. The PS4 was severely lacking in decent titles early on for me. That's one of the reasons why I won't be rushing out for the PS5.
Breaking ground is a fair shout and probably the reason the Wii was as high up.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably a combination of all 3 for me. If it was purely down to performance/power then it wouldn't be much of a list as the latest model would of course win. Catalogue is a big one for me. It's all well and good having a cracking machine but if there isn't enough choice of games then it's all pretty worthless for me. The PS4 was severely lacking in decent titles early on for me. That's one of the reasons why I won't be rushing out for the PS5.
Breaking ground is a fair shout and probably the reason the Wii was as high up.

I would agree on power, which is why the 360 being so high on the list is pretty ridiculous, especially consider most of the titles quoted as important were also on the PC.

I think I disagree on catalogue though. You can have a console with a massive catalogue of games without them being any good - see the Wii * (although I agree that should be on the list for other reasons). Similarly, having a list of exclusives is as much down to the licensing department as it is a measure of how good a console is.

ETA * and to a lesser extent the PSX. Sony were happy for anyone to develop games on their console while Nintendo were incredibly picky and retained an element of quality control on the N64. So, there are considerably more PSX games than NS64, does that make it a better console? No. It did, though, make it more popular

Edited by Mr X