General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

PS1 brought games such as Resident Evil 1-3, Silent Hill, MGS, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider 1 & 2, Castlevania, Tekken 1, 2 & 3, Oddworld, Rayman, Medal of Honor, Tony Hawk & Dino Crisis off the top of my head.

Many of those games have been remade, but I don't think a Sony console has had as many iconic and genre defining games launched on one console. That's why the PS1 should be number 1 in terms of Sony consoles.

Might just be my perception but I actually don't look back that fondly on the PS3/ 360 era. Loads of the games aged quite poorly and there was a homogenisation to everything after Modern Warfare blew up that I think led to a lack of creativity for a while. I would put the current era near or at the top if you're taking into account everything as the power of the machines are undeniably impressive, the ease of services that are being implemented (Game Pass is an essential if you're an Xbox owner these days) and there's a great mix of big budget releases and full on indie support which means it's normal for me to be nearly overwhelmed with choices for stuff to play that I didn't have before.

Well?

Really enjoying it. Probably spending too much time on all the side objectives rather than following the main storyline but I’m guilty of doing that anytime I play an open world game.

It’s got a great script, very ‘Marvel’ (and that includes a really good soundtrack).

Feels very, very smooth, so the experience of actually just flinging yourself about New York is great.

The PS1 is clearly the greatest ever. Absolutely nothing comes close to it.
Agree was such a leap from the Mega Drive and SNES. The likes of Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid blew my mind. Was the first console to have games targeted for adults and made it cool again to play video games.

The improvements in the last few generations of consoles and the up coming ones is much smaller than what came before. A lot of the big titles are all now remakes, remasters or sequels compared to previous consoles. Skyrim is going to be coming out for the PS5 [emoji23]

Agree was such a leap from the Mega Drive and SNES. The likes of Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid blew my mind. Was the first console to have games targeted for adults and made it cool again to play video games.

The improvements in the last few generations of consoles and the up coming ones is much smaller than what came before. A lot of the big titles are all now remakes, remasters or sequels compared to previous consoles. Skyrim is going to be coming out for the PS5 [emoji23]
GTA V to be released on the next gen aswell, £150+ to buy the same game 3 times.

I like this console chat. It's always nice reading about how the other half live.
maxresdefault_2048x2048.jpg?8549415193847752307&key=1821415a0ed3a5813f63f629b38cb853d9df9a71fb4d3d0adab81dd9b8cc54da
Keep meaning to ask this question to a PC gamer. I intend to get a good gaming PC eventually but when I visit Twitch I have to admit that the enhanced FPS does hurt my eyes quite a lot. My question is is this because I'm watching it or is this what I can expect from PC gaming? If it's the latter I may always be a console gamer as I expect that would give me headaches.

28 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Timesplitters 2, what a game. Also have fond memories of The Warriors probably the only game based on a movie I can remember being worth playing.

ETA N64 Goldeneye, how dare I forget Goldeneye.

Goldeney - the basis for that amazing PS2 game, Timesplitters :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

But, so was the Sega Saturn, which came out at the same time and was vastly superior, in terms of specs. So, again, it comes down to games

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I like this console chat. It's always nice reading about how the other half live.

maxresdefault_2048x2048.jpg?854941519384

Amen, brother

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Keep meaning to ask this question to a PC gamer. I intend to get a good gaming PC eventually but when I visit Twitch I have to admit that the enhanced FPS does hurt my eyes quite a lot. My question is is this because I'm watching it or is this what I can expect from PC gaming? If it's the latter I may always be a console gamer as I expect that would give me headaches.

Depends whats hurting your eyes, I guess. It could just be the difference between the streamers display and what you're watching it on.

With a bit of tweaking you can limit FPS on PC games anyway