Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100 percent correct and if Forfar were closer it wouldn't seem so bad, it's close between us Clyde and Elgin and were clear. Just they fermers with their good run at the start of the season have that cushion. It's incredibly frustrating and today couldn't have went worse.

Mon the fermers.

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thoroughly recommend this by the way. Steak and black pudding for seconds

#TheArbroathWay

Well, I asked for the Steak & Black pudding pie but when I got back to my seat the black pudding was missing. I was told it's usually in 2 layers at the bottom of the pie. No joy though. Still, what I had was great. 10/10 for the mince and 9/10 for the Steak as it could have done with a bit more gravy to moisten it up. The tea was like water and undrinkable. Poured it away after buying 3 cups with no improvement. Would definitely recommend the staff just leave a tea bag in the cup to let the punters brew it themselves. Apart from that, hey City won! 8 games unbeaten now. Surely deserving of Ladbrokes Manager of the Month for Gary Jardine and Player of the Month for Ousman See. Speaking of great double acts, Mr Blobby made two new friends today at Gayfield and was happy to report the wind stayed at bay... for once.

The Adventures of Mr Blobby - Episode 6 Gayfield, Arbroath.JPG

26 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well, I asked for the Steak & Black pudding pie but when I got back to my seat the black pudding was missing. I was told it's usually in 2 layers at the bottom of the pie. No joy though. Still, what I had was great. 10/10 for the mince and 9/10 for the Steak as it could have done with a bit more gravy to moisten it up. The tea was like water and undrinkable. Poured it away after buying 3 cups with no improvement. Would definitely recommend the staff just leave a tea bag in the cup to let the punters brew it themselves. Apart from that, hey City won! 8 games unbeaten now. Surely deserving of Ladbrokes Manager of the Month for Gary Jardine and Player of the Month for Ousman See. Speaking of great double acts, Mr Blobby made two new friends today at Gayfield and was happy to report the wind stayed at bay... for once.

The Adventures of Mr Blobby - Episode 6 Gayfield, Arbroath.JPG

The boy with the black away top must be a hardy soul wearing a short sleeve top at Gayfield in December:lol:

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The boy with the black away top must be a hardy soul wearing a short sleeve top at Gayfield in December:lol:

Actually, it was pretty mild today. The sun was out for a period and there was no sea breeze what so ever. 

Mr Blobby enjoing the sunshine at Gayfield Park Arbroath.JPG

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Warmest day I have experienced at Gayfield including some preseason games.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

100 percent correct and if Forfar were closer it wouldn't seem so bad, it's close between us Clyde and Elgin and were clear. Just they fermers with their good run at the start of the season have that cushion. It's incredibly frustrating and today couldn't have went worse.

Normally I would agree but it was mild and not a breath of wind today.

Oh dear. how sad, never mind

One of the worst displays I have seen by an Arbroath team in a long long time,the ball control and fundementals were pathetic continue along these lines and I for one will end my 60 year + supporting the club as over. Campbell is a dinosaur and it is now the time of the younger managers of the likes of D. Young and G. Nasmyth.

Get it right Campbell in the January transfer window and get rid of all the useless players on the bench along with Sukar, Scott and Kadar.I am fed up reading about how much fun it is training under Dick,that does not win matches.

One of the worst displays I have seen by an Arbroath team in a long long time,the ball control and fundementals were pathetic continue along these lines and I for one will end my 60 year + supporting the club as over. Campbell is a dinosaur and it is now the time of the younger managers of the likes of D. Young and G. Nasmyth.

Get it right Campbell in the January transfer window and get rid of all the useless players on the bench along with Sukar, Scott and Kadar.I am fed up reading about how much fun it is training under Dick,that does not win matches.

Second defeat in 14, comfortable in the play offs

Good riddance I say

You'd think in your '60 year +' going to Gayfield you'd have learnt not to overreact to a defeat/win as well, by the way

Firstly I'd like to apologise for spoiling Hilda's 100th birthday celebrations. It's strange to think that when she was born City were 12 years from being formed and that she would have been a sprightly 70 years old when we were reformed in 1986. 

:cheers Cheers hen and lang may yer lum reek! 

I was glad I bought my lovely steak and black pudding pie before the game because all the pies were sold out at half time! The first half wasn't the most exciting game of football. We then scored a sclaffed goal and I felt Arbroath battered us for 20 minutes seeking the equaliser but a wee bit of luck, inspired goalkeeper and defending and poor finishing kept the Lichties out. We should perhaps have nabbed a second when Dougie's volley crashed off the crossbar- what a strike! Also Rossco might have done better when 1 on 1 with the goalie. Either I had Fergie's watch today or the ref added on a lot of extra time but fair enough- I didn't panic because in 30 years of visiting Gayfield I don't think I've ever seen Arbroath win there and my jinx record remains intact. 

So... another nice day out in Angus and the nosebleed territory of 8th place.... 

23 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Dick got you into pretty much your best league position since The Meltdown?  You do realise how far down the league you were last season?

Just 18 points out of the next 66 will see you finish on a better tally than last season.

Just 18 goals in the next 22 games will see you score more than last season, you are currently just short of 2 a game by the way, so may see that target by mid February.

You must have been a joy to behold the season past.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Dick got you into pretty much your best league position since The Meltdown?  You do realise how far down the league you were last season?

Just 18 points out of the next 66 will see you finish on a better tally than last season.

Just 18 goals in the next 22 games will see you score more than last season, you are currently just short of 2 a game by the way, so may see that target by mid February.

You must have been a joy to behold the season past.

It's incredible

Some people just want to remain miserable

It was a fucking awful day and performance, genuinely horrendous. I'm sure the players and management team will realise this. A total off day.

However the last game we played at home was the complete opposite. An absolute pumping dished out and half an hour of showboating, against a much better team.

You've got to take the good with the bad. It's Arbroath, every other lower league clubs fans will know all about the kind of days we had today. They happen.

To threaten to walk away, especially when like you say we're in a very decent position considering, is ridiculous.

I really hope it was just tongue and cheek. Can't just throw the towel in after a bad day, fucking hell. :lol:

Let's hope the players don't have that attitude eh

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's incredible

Some people just want to remain miserable

It was a fucking awful day and performance, genuinely horrendous. I'm sure the players and management team will realise this. A total off day.

However the last game we played at home was the complete opposite. An absolute pumping dished out and half an hour of showboating, against a much better team.

You've got to take the good with the bad. It's Arbroath, every other lower league clubs fans will know all about the kind of days we had today. They happen.

To threaten to walk away, especially when like you say we're in a very decent position considering, is ridiculous.

I really hope it was just tongue and cheek. Can't just throw the towel in after a bad day, fucking hell. :lol:

Let's hope the players don't have that attitude eh

I've just checked back on the managers histories and not one, in your lean years, has been over 50.  Relative youth obviously doesn't guarantee success.

I've just checked back on the managers histories and not one, in your lean years, has been over 50.  Relative youth obviously doesn't guarantee success.

Of course it doesn't. Funnily enough age doesn't really matter. East Fife played exactly the same way we do now last season and Youngs Albion Rovers looked like a team Walter Smith had set up.

I like how he picked out Naysmith and Young and not Todd Lumsden, Alex Rae, Mark Burchill or Craig Tully too

Fwiw Campbell wasn't behind us pumping Clyde 4-0 or us getting beat 1-0 today. The guys on the pitch showed what they could do in the 4-0 game and they didn't get anywhere close to that level today.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Of course it doesn't. Funnily enough age doesn't really matter. East Fife played exactly the same way we do now last season and Youngs Albion Rovers looked like a team Walter Smith had set up.

I like how he picked out Naysmith and Young and not Todd Lumsden, Alex Rae, Mark Burchill or Craig Tully too

Fwiw Campbell wasn't behind us pumping Clyde 4-0 or us getting beat 1-0 today. The guys on the pitch showed what they could do in the 4-0 game and they didn't get anywhere close to that level today.

It doesn't take much at any level of football to have a 2 or 3 under-performers in a team to make everybody else look crap.  At this level, though, the other 8 normally can't cover for this.

Archived