Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

7 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Dick will do a job for you but will never be universally liked and his tactics, decisions and team choices will infuriate everyone at some points. 

This absolutely nails how I see it. Couldn't agree more.

I'm surprised some of our fans don't think Dick will do a job for us, but I'm just as surprised that some think his tactics, decisions and team selections aren't rather baffling at times.

Ultimately we'll be fine, we'll be top 4 at least and we have a good chance of going up. We should challenge right up the top though, and if we don't it will be viewed as a failure by Dick, as well as a good few fans I would imagine.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will never be universally liked and his tactics, decisions and team choices will infuriate everyone at some points. 

I agree but...

Surely applicable to every manager at every club

Won't be one manager in the league at the moment that's keeping every fan happy.

Sure you'll see that with some people's reactions to Bollan even though he has you sitting top of the league.

Not quite on the same level but even I can find it quite annoying reading what Forfar fans have to say about him. It's football, there's no perfect science to it and you can't and won't win every game. The guy standing on the sidelines has only got so much influence.

I still don't think he's good enough, Ricky Little isn't that great on the ball but compared to Dunlop he's like beckenbauer. Few times yesterday where Hamilton would normally have stepped up into midfield when he was on the ball but didn't, and I thought that might've been something to do with not having as much faith in Dunlop to cover him.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Won't be one manager in the league at the moment that's keeping every fan happy.

Sure you'll see that with some people's reactions to Bollan even though he has you sitting top of the league.

Brendan Rodgers seems to please all the Celts?

I'm not a Bollan fan but I am, of course, happy with our position and when we are at our best (obviously not at Gayfield a few weeks ago) then they are a joy to watch. Top of the league and playing bonny fitba but not consistently enough.

Arbroath will be top four (let's face it, the top four are already breaking away), in what order though we'll have to wait and see (I genuinely hope it's us and you).

Great picture of Hilda 100 not out. City keeper Andrew Stobie looked concerned when he saw the number on her back and thought that she might be in the Arbroath team playing at centre forward. A great day out for all concerned mascots too.

That's also the first time I've seen a police officer at a Ladbrokes League 2 match this season.

Hilda 100 not outCyx2b3pXEAAFLrh.jpg

When does the Ladbrokes' Manager and Player of the Month Awards for November get announced? Surely after this game between Arbroath and Edinburgh City, two strong contenders, it's a forgone conclusion now?

It's a curse you don't want it

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Great picture of Hilda 100 not out. City keeper Andrew Stobie looked concerned when he saw the number on her back and thought that she might be in the Arbroath team playing at centre forward. A great day out for all concerned mascots too.

That's also the first time I've seen a police officer at a Ladbrokes League 2 match this season.

Hilda 100 not outCyx2b3pXEAAFLrh.jpg

Great to see your Mum on Saturday Tim, hope she had a great day and enjoyed herself apart from the result mate.

To reach 100 years old is a magnificent achievement.

On another subject I seen our old ship HMS Lusty was towed out of Pompey the other week ready to go to the knackers yard in Turkey.

Also cannot believe comments on here describing Edinburgh City as "superb"?? they certainly were not superb they were well drilled/organized and worked hard to close the opposition down and had a handful of a striker (See) up front to deal with but they never played pretty football or had players of the calibre of Linn/Scott/McCord etc, they had a good game plan which paid off and we were poor on the day with our best player imo being Whatley and even he was not at his best.

I believe Dick made a mistake in not bringing in Phillips at left back (he has done well the times I have seen him play) and putting Suker into central defence, it showed how much we miss Ricky Little, I felt sorry for Dunlop, as he has had hardly any game time, does not feature much from the bench and was up against their danger man See, Dunlop gives 100" that there is no doubt but his distribution was not great.

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office, but I do believe we need another couple of top class signings in January to boost us for the 2nd part of the season as although we have a very good starting XI when everybody is fit if we are without our top players we do struggle for "as good" replacements plus we need new injection to turn draws into wins.

Keep the faith, C'mon the Red Lichties.

well if dc picks the right team from the start agree. why phillips didnt start on saturday is a mystery. also scott has been a waste of space recently and needs dropped

I agree on both points. Maybe not about Scott being a waste of space but he has been poor the last 2. Will be interesting to see our line up tomorrow

Gold was MoM for me and Whatley had a very good second half.

Thought the half time substitution was wrong. McCord was okay and was linking well in the middle of the park. If it was down to this rumoured "first half booking" thing then disappointing. The timing of our other 2 substitutions was wrong as well. We had just got a wee head of steam up for the first time and were creating chances and it took the momentum out of it. 2 minutes later we lost the goal.

Thought EC were good at what they do. Sat in, defended well, Mbu cleared everything and See is a handful. Negative team, time wasted all of the second half, but they are good at it.

We'll be okay. Keep the ball well, although if we could do that 15 yards further up the park we would create more chances. Can't afford to lose much more ground on Forfar but confident of at least the play offs.

Archived