Teckle Christmas Gifts

BFTD

Just now, Widge said:

Umm...good luck with that. It's the same as guys and aftershave.

I couldn't care less about aftershaves myself, i have never had a brand that i have actually disliked the smell of though. 

I usually buy my Mrs what ever perfume i can find when i am out of other ideas for things to get her and she hasn't ever complained. Wouldn't get her clothes or jewellery though.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't care less about aftershaves myself, i have never had a brand that i have actually disliked the smell of though. 

I usually buy my Mrs what ever perfume i can find when i am out of other ideas for things to get her and she hasn't ever complained. Wouldn't get her clothes or jewellery though.

It's personal choice isn't it? I don't wear aftershave, but if I'm ever in the shops and smell a few there's always ones that I like and ones that I hate.

The issue with clothes is always the size and shape! Well plus the fact that men usually have awful taste in what a girl would like. Funnily enough the only thing I'd ever feel comfortable buying is underwear, I know I'd get that right, not that I'd ever do that right enough!

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I got her a GHD one which is apparently good. Maybe a cost effiecint compromise. And you dont have to live with further lining of James Dysons pockets. He does make good hoovers the p***k

I'm waiting on the results of a poll(I asked my two sisters) before deciding on an alternative.

With aftershave i couldn't care less but its a nice thing to get at Christmas as its one less thing i have to get myself and will usually see me through the year.

I prefer getting practical/fun gifts rather than just things that smell nice etc, think there is more thought that goes into things like that.

I'm actually at a point that over the past few years if i have wanted something i have just bought it and now coming up to Christmas feel that i don't think I actually want anything and don't want to have someone fork out £100 quid for me. Consumerism really is just your mind playing tricks on you.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm waiting on the results of a poll(I asked my two sisters) before deciding on an alternative.

My burd bought this for herself, she's not too impressed . She may just be a moaning bitch though (wait on someone saying she screams when she's with them).

A fucking hair dryer is a hair dryer in my eyes, surely they can all do the job?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

My burd bought this for herself, she's not too impressed . She may just be a moaning bitch though (wait on someone saying she screams when she's with them).

A fucking hair dryer is a hair dryer in my eyes, surely they can all do the job?

I would tend to agree, and having seen the price the only way she is getting one is if she is stupid enough to buy one herself.

bought her a Bose wireless speaker so she can stream music from her phone (when washing the dishes or making my dinner, obviously)

Please, please, please tell her that - word for word - when she opens it.

If you come out of that conversation without a large hand-shaped print on your face, I'll buy you a pint.

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

Tam - If you buy a cheap shite hairdryer it will probably break before a good quality one like everything else sadly - buy cheap you buy twice.

PS - Your gf moaned plenty when she was with me last night.

That's the first sensible post I think I've ever seen from you throbber. Well done.

The first part obviously, second part we know is lies as you were busy with Cuddy.

f**k it was a threesome. You're a c**t throbber.

Just now, tree house tam said:

That's the first sensible post I think I've ever seen from you throbber. Well done.

The first part obviously, second part we know is lies as you were busy with Cuddy.

f**k it was a threesome. You're a c**t throbber.

Ha ha - seriously i have bought my mrs 3 cheap hairdryers in 3 years, they aren't really a gift either as they are a necessity! 

As i am an older gentleman now i think its high time i got myself a drinks cabinet to store my favourite malts in, whilst that is too much of a gift to ask for in itself i might just ask for some money to contribute towards when i do finally want it. Or perhaps a couple of nice bottles of whisky to put in said cabinet when i do finally get it.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The absolute best christmas present for the other half is a night away somewhere for the two of you. Epitome of selfishness dressed up as being romantic/thoughtful.

Taking the girlfriend to Dusseldorf for her christmas, got Dortmund Augsburg tickets for when we're there. She thinks we're just going to christmas markets and sight seeing.