Morning routine for work

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Alarm goes at 6 and I'm usually more or less awake when it goes. Then it goes again at 6.03 and 6.05, then again finally at 6.30. At this last alarm I get out of bed and go for a shite. Then a shower, then I dress in my work gear that I've laid out the night before and I'm out the door for 7. Arrive at work at 7.30 and have a hot beverage (coffee or tea) and open my emails. Start working more or less immediately though I don't officially start until 8.

Weekend routine varies in that I'll be mildly hungover and I'll get out of bed at 8 with my kid in tow to make his breakfast and put cartoons on for him before my morning shite.

God bless the morning shite!

Alarm at 6.30, second alarm at 6.45, get up, let one puppy out of her crate and direct her to the mat to pee, repeat with second puppy. Then the three of us will sit on the floor for a bit and all pretend we are actually awake, I sometimes take this time to reminisce about the not so distance past when I would still be in bed till 7.30ish. 7ish I will put breakfast down for the pups and hope they actually want to eat it so they are distracted enough that I can go make my breakfast, feed one cat while stopping the other cat eating first cat’s food (different dietary requirements) Head to the kitchen and make my breakfast whilst sticking my head round the corner every 20 seconds to check for the inevitable second pee/shit from one of both of them, eat breakfast whilst watching  breakfast tv of questionable quality. 7.10 put in my contact lenses, again checking every 20 seconds for sniffing/squatting puppies. Resume sitting on the floor/cleaning up mess, till 7.35,  wake up the missus so I can shower. Shower, clean teeth and dress, say my goodbyes and make the 4 minute walk to the subway station to use the overcrowded unreliable transit system that makes me miss Scotrail some days.  

Wake up at 6:30 by my other half's alarm, go back to sleep until she says cheerio at 7:50. Down the stairs for breakfast, eating whilst either catching the news or Everybody Loves Raymond. Up to the shower / brush teeth and then the job of ironing clothes on demand. Out door just after 9, getting to work ~9:30* (20 min less of a commute than if I went in for 9).

*I won't lie, sometimes 10. I do my hours.

Eta: note lack of shiteing. Only idiots do this on their own time.

Alarm set for 5 but am usually up at 4. Make a cup of tea and my sandwiches and flask for work. Every workday for the past 3 years I have made the exact same.. 2 sandwiches with Morrisons honey roast ham, bag plain crisps, bag cheese and onion and a bag of quavers. Watch How its made until 5 then Sky news till 5.25. Dump the ashes. Out the door at about 5.35. Get my morning papers then make an illegal turn at the traffic lights and head to the bypass. Arrive near my work at 6 and have a look at my papers whilst eating my quavers. Do both crosswords then head up to my work to see what's happening. Head off to suppliers to collect anything needed for the day ahead then make my way to the days first job for 8.00.

First alarm goes off at 6.45 but I don't normally emerge from the old wanking chariot until around 7.20. Pish, shave, shower, dressed and out the door, 22 minute walk to work and I'm normally at my desk (eating porridge) at 8am. If I sleep in a bit longer I'll take the motor to get there on time.

I never need a shite first thing in the morning, but if I did I would definitely bake it until I'm getting paid for it.

Alarm set for 4, snooze until 4.30, pish, wash face, brush teeth, get dressed with clothes ironed the previous night, out the door for 4.45 and in work for 5.

shower the night before rather than wake everybody else up at 4 in the morning.

1.   I let nature dictate my circadian rhythm.   After all there's three courses and plenty of tee off times in the afternoon.  
2.   Turn off electric trolley charger ( its been on overnight, and is a fire risk.   But I left it on in my drunken slumber).  
3.   Pour the dregs from several beer bottles down sink.  
4.   Collect frozen bottle from the freezer -  leave in sink to thaw.   
5.   Power Shower + Molton time.  
6.   Towel dry where I tweak a well know kids song.   Head, Shoulders, Testicles, Bum-crack, knees and toes.  
7.   Boxers, Socks, Polo, Chinos, Round neck jumper.  
8.   Clubs in the motor.  
9.   Miller's Pan drops.   The very best of Deacon Blue.  
10.  Lexus.   "Gleneagles please, you big blonde b*****d".   

7.10 Get up when (only) alarm goes off. (Currently the Bon Jovi song I'll sleep when I'm dead)

7.10-7.35 Shit, shower, get dressed and make pieces.

7.35-8.25 Leave house, get bus, read Twitter, fb and p&b (in that order)

8.25-9.00 get off bus, walk to office, waste time before work, start work.

Archived