Juniors in the big Scottish do we deserve to be there?

Dipple burn

Just now, Burnie_man said:

In which case why get involved in the debate if you're not bothered to read through it? You just want to wade in and chuck ill informed shite around.

If you want to know why a forum has a particular tagline on it, and you appear to want to use it to beat Junior contributors round the head with, maybe ask the guys who run the forum?

I got involved because it's a free forum and I can comment on any debate I wish. Another one who has shown up to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but offers no counter argument. 

The tagline was repeated in the first few pages by a few fans, if you really want I can wade back through that shite and show you it.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should have been easy for you to break down in one sentence why I was so wrong then or direct me to the page with such answers on it (as I said, I wasn't wading through 14 pages of shite to find a nugget of sweetcorn). As it is you just called me a few names and used some of the worst patter I've ever had to clamp eyes on. "Go and play with some rock". Deary me.

Can believe this clown nugget is still nibbling [emoji23][emoji23][emoji476]

First, I'm no a senior halfwit. .......blah blah blah I watch blah blah blah

Second, .....blah blah blah

Try defend yourself like this as it's much quicker and it comes across the same.

What's with this first of all and second crap? Jeezo![emoji32]

12 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

First, I'm no a senior halfwit. I watch fitba at all levels. Must have seen Talbot half a dozen times in 2016 alone.  Look back for any posts I've made like the insular shite you or Bing post.

Second, Isa spent a lot of time on the LL and old EOS forum. I can quote you from memory nae bother. "Banal league filled with no-mark clubs with no fans". This at a time when Talbot won the league by about 11 points while oor league went to the last day with 3 clubs challenging.

Good post mate , sadly thats the way of it on here with the Talbot mob , you try and debate with them and It turns into 10 year old patter and pathetic name calling, they can't form any debate whatsoever without turning everything into petty insults. 

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

Happens quite often from what I see. Not ideal as you say. No reason not to join & I've said plenty on other threads that I would love the juniors to join a proper non league pyramid system which would be fair to all teams in it & teams could find their level . The 1 we have in place is not & is just there as a token gesture to keep the majority of lower league clubs safe .

Nothing will ever be perfect. You either want to play in the highest league possible and show ambition to go for it or you keep making excuses to stay where you are. 

2 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Can believe this clown nugget is still nibbling emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji476.png

Aye, that's exactly what's happening here. What's a clown nugget? 

Talbot doing well to dispose of the junior thicko tag...

On 03/12/2016 at 23:36, BS7 said:

Bonnyrigg very nearly emptied Brechin before Losing 6-0 at home. The best junior sides are easily on a level with the best part time senior clubs .

All of these comments are from the very first page of this thread. "Easily on a level with best part time senior clubs.

On 04/12/2016 at 00:26, Quantum Leap said:

You would lose your house.

This in response to a comment that any junior side would finish bottom of League 2 (no Talbot fan has ever said that, nope, definitely not).

On 04/12/2016 at 09:03, KilsythCoyle said:

It can happen at any level losing heavily to another team. Look at us yesterday putting 8 past a very decent Cumbernauld team from our own tight league!

On there day, when a team gets the rub of the green, players are at their peak and everything just clicks it happens.

Beith are a very good Junior side, as are many others in in East / West super leagues, and from what I've seen from plenty out with the Premier and Top Championship teams, there is very little of a difference (if any).

Chin up lads, move on from it. Bad day at the office!!!

"the ball is round" as they say lol :thumsup2

"Very little difference between Beith and lower Championship". But no junior fans say this stuff...

On 04/12/2016 at 09:47, Casey Jones said:

Rubbish. The way that Bonnyrigg played against Dumbarton and the crowd they got at that match, more that most first and second division teams can hope for, then why not let super league and junior cup winners have the chance at playing their 'senior' counterparts in this yearly competition.

"Look at the ceowd Bomnyrigg got!".

I rest my case.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I got involved because it's a free forum and I can comment on any debate I wish. Another one who has shown up to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but offers no counter argument. 

The tagline was repeated in the first few pages by a few fans, if you really want I can wade back through that shite and show you it.

So you're here looking for an argument, ffs another one.......

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So you're here looking for an argument, ffs another one.......

It's a football forum pal, I'm usually on here to talk about things with people who have a different point of view. I can nod my head and agree that the big bad seniors aren't fair to the juniors but I would be completely wrong and I don't think I could live with the guilt, so I'll continue to punch holes in your shite arguments for as long as you offer them.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a football forum pal, I'm usually on here to talk about things with people who have a different point of view. I can nod my head and agree that the big bad seniors aren't fair to the juniors but I would be completely wrong and I don't think I could live with the guilt, so I'll continue to punch holes in your shite arguments for as long as you offer them.

Is it a forum? thanks for pointing that out.

You're here for an argument, nothing more and nothing less, so really we'd be better off without your "contribution". It's supposed to be a discussion about whether Juniors in the Scottish Cup are a positive or a negative, we don't need your help in punching holes in anything particularly as you can't be arsed reading half the pages. Maybe you could give us your thoughts on whether Dumbarton playing Bonnyrigg is a good thing for the cup or not? there appeared the be little difference between top Junior and lower Championship in that game......

We have Bot and Beith fans punching holes in each other, and that's more than enough.

Mantis.
My comments were directed at Moonsters post earlier.
So I apologise to you.

I see the HB fae Beith has put his usual hypocritical nonsense on.
Let me point out that he went onto the Talbot forum name calling and left with a flea in his ear.
He resorted to sending PMS of a threatening and abusive nature on FB and on here.
He really should be banned from this forum.
I think that will put into perspective anything that he says or states.

HB has never recovered from that moment with any Talbot fan.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it a forum? thanks for pointing that out.

You're here for an argument, nothing more and nothing less, so really we'd be better off without your "contribution". It's supposed to be a discussion about whether Juniors in the Scottish Cup are a positive or a negative, we don't need your help in punching holes in anything particularly as you can't be arsed reading half the pages. Maybe you could give us your thoughts on whether Dumbarton playing Bonnyrigg is a good thing for the cup or not?

We have Bot and Beith fans punching holes in each other, and that's more than enough.

It's good for Bonnyrigg and it was nice for 200 Sons fans to go somewhere different for a week, but if my club were to take the junior stance of "what's in it for us?" then no, Bonnyrigg playing us in the cup is not good. It's not a money spinning tie and Dumbarton can only lose really, winning gets them no plaudits and getting through to the next round has already been budgeted for. Junior teams all jump at the chance to play in it when the usual criteria doesn't apply, as soon as we ask you to get some floodlights and working toilets to join the league it becomes unfair?

Have your cake and eat it.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It's good for Bonnyrigg and it was nice for 200 Sons fans to go somewhere different for a week, but if my club were to take the junior stance of "what's in it for us?" then no, Bonnyrigg playing us in the cup is not good. It's not a money spinning tie and Dumbarton can only lose really, winning gets them no plaudits and getting through to the next round has already been budgeted for. Junior teams all jump at the chance to play in it when the usual criteria doesn't apply, as soon as we ask you to get some floodlights and working toilets to join the league it becomes unfair?

Have your cake and eat it.

You budgeted to progress to the next round? ooooft, not very good financial accounting. The match is probably more money spinning for you than a game against most lower league opposition, or any HL/LL.

As for criteria, who has said it is unfair to get floodlights and working toilets? and in what scenario? you do not need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup, and the entry level licence needed for HL/LL participation has no requirement for floodlights anyway.

I'm on a diet, so I'll pass on the cake.

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

Aye ok.emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji38.png

This is fae the wee Troon troll who said that his wee team would hammer any junior team and have a massive support.emoji1.png

Aye the game was so long ago that I lived in Troon.  :lol:

You keep clinging to that wee bit of info I happily share champ.  

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You budgeted to progress to the next round? ooooft, not very good financial accounting. The match is probably more money spinning for you than a game against most lower league opposition, or any HL/LL.

As for criteria, who has said it is unfair to get floodlights and working toilets? and in what scenario? you do not need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup, and the entry level licence needed for HL/LL participation has no requirement for floodlights anyway.

I'm on a diet, so I'll pass on the cake.

Why wouldn't we budget for that? We won't have budgeted for getting further than that but it makes great financial sense to budget for what you aim to achieve. It probably has given us more money than some other opponents but it's not a season changing sum of money we're talking about here.

The article which was hailed as a "good read" on the last two pages stated that clubs would need to improve their grounds, I'm sure the guy was either the current or former head of the junior association. Is he talking shite?

Thanks for the replies folks. The point I'm trying to make is that if clubs like ourselves had this guaranteed income year in year out then we would improve facilities .
At this time every penny is a prisoner & your probably right in saying that we should put some of it aside towards things like floodlights but then we end up losing out on players due to other clubs being able to pay more . If we had let's say £30k at the start of every season then that or a good part of it would go towards facilities .
Last season we got our 2 stands completely refurbished . This season around £6k was spent on improving the pitch . All which came out of our budget . And the vast majority of forward thinking junior sides are in the same boat

It isn't guaranteed income though, it varies significantly on where you finish in the league and how you perform in the cups. If we had a truly stinker of a season, finished bottom of the league and for knocked in the first round of each cup then it would be around half that amount, around 40k.

It might sound a lot but our expenditures are also much higher. To compete in league two we are 35k for rent, 25k for match day expenses such as stewards and 40k in travel. So that's the SPFL income gone even before you factor in player wages, training costs and everything else that is required to put a team out.

Archived