Ayr United v Dundee United 10/12/2016

MThis will be a really tough one for us. I would take a draw right now. We're not playing badly at all but we have no cutting edge up front which is coming back to bite us.

If we don't take our chances when we get them a good team will take advantage. We have lacked goals from open play recently and that is a concern.

I hope it's not another game where we say "if we had a striker...". For what it's worth I think Nisbet and O'Connell are decent enough but for a striker they don't score enough goals and neither are particularly effective as an isolated lone striker. Sometimes wonder if they might work as a partnership.

Heart says we'll take something. Head says 2-0 in favour of the visitors.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have written an email to Ayr United and to the SFA requesting that this fixture is postponed because I'm working tomorrow and can't go to the game.

What are the chances of them postponing the game?

Zero unless you also email Dundee United and the SPFL.

Looking forward to this, honestly feel we can take a point from this at the very least.
Just hope we don't set up to try and just keep Dundee United out for 75 mins and push for the last 15. Feel we need to try and go for it from the start, get a quick start and who knows what could happen!

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have written an email to Ayr United and to the SFA requesting that this fixture is postponed because I'm working tomorrow and can't go to the game.

What are the chances of them postponing the game?

= diddy post

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Have Ayr ever played in Scotland 's top flight? How is their record (competitive games only) against Barcelona?

I think Granny Danger had just started the winchin when we were last in the top flight. 

It is very impressive. 

Hate to be the realist amongst all this hilarity but a point should be beyond our wildest dreams today. We're really struggling for a cutting edge, especially from traditional "open play" means.

However, it cannot be ignored that just a couple of years ago we were at the precipice of League 2 and football aesthetes the nation over were flocking to see Gauld, Mackay-Steven, Armstrong etc at Tannadice. Yet here we both are in the fucking Championship.

Realistically, you should win comfortably but we've only come a half step since you were considered potential world beaters and we were on the brink of the fourth tier. Embarrassing score draw ahead. Embarrassing for the Arabs.

Cammy Bell will be relentlessly reminded of his former employers from the Somerset Road End and no doubt save a penalty and give a GIRFUY to the Ayr faithful

Gary Harkins will be relentlessly reminded of his former employers from the Railway End and no doubt will score after a sixty yard mazy and then give a GIRFUY to the Arabs

Simon Murray(If he plays) will be relentlessly reminded he has ginger hair and get upset, just as he did at Tannadice.

Ayr United 1 - 2 Dundee United

Harkins 33' 

Andreu 56'

Forrest (Missed Pen) 78'    

Murray 90 + 4'

Crowd 2547

Archived