The Only Team in The Bible vs The Pars (17/12/2016)

That's quite the overreaction.

You're the grand total of three points in front of us and are the worst form team in the division, we just beat a Morton side who were on a good run of form.

If the roles were reversed you'd be expecting to beat us so I'm genuinely not sure what you're so annoyed about.

Who annoyed?! Tongue was somewhat lodged in my cheek! [emoji12]

However, I do harbour a slight dislike to anything Fife following our meetings and half time riot during the 1985-86 season in which my mate was most unfortunate in getting hit by a flying cup of bovril during the halftime naughties whilst wearing a brand new white jacket!!!! [emoji23]

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herron being out again is a total pisser for us. He is our key midfielder, although I still feel confident with Nat in there. McCabe has decided to show that he can actually play the game recently, which is handy tbh.

For any Queens fans worrying about former players haunting them: Paton and Reilly won't be starting, unless there's further injuries. Clark will most likely start with Moffat up front.

A win here would be massive. The last time we played I didn't think Queens were anything special, and that's when they were top of the league. It was almost total domination from us when we went down to 10 men, bizarrely.

Can see a draw in this match in all honesty. 8-8.

Perfect game for Queens to recover their form, 2-1 home win.

I think come may this will prove to be a turning point in our season, win and we are 6th and will have won 3 out of our last 4, going in to the games against Falkirk and the Rovers on a high and focused on catching them. Lose and we are quite possibly back down to 9th, and, if St Mirren win, 3 points off the bottom. This is a must win imo.

With that being said, I'll revise my prediction to an eye-bleedingly tedious 0-0.

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

For any Queens fans worrying about former players haunting them: Paton and Reilly won't be starting, unless there's further injuries. Clark will most likely start with Moffat up front.

Nicky Clark! Scored over 40 goals in a season for QoS..

QOS are there for the taking. I'd like to think we can win this comfortably and make a miraculous leap into 6th. McCabe is starting to put in half decent performances and I quite like that Nat should be starting, I feel that Herron & McCabe together are not bad but they often leave the middle of the park wide open which is a concern. Big Nat took 5 mins or so to settle in at the weekend when he came on then he turned on beast mode, nothing was getting past him and he's willing to body people if necessary too. He actually looks like he's lost some weight in his brief absence too which is a bonus. 

Even in defeat we've been playing well as of late, I'm not worried right now at all. Still not brave enough to predict a clean sheet yet though :lol:.

QOS 1-3 Pars

QOS scorer: Dobbie.

Pars scorers: Clark, Moffat & Higgy.

35 minutes ago, marie osmond said:

Can't be arsed checking but is the word 'bury' honestly not in the bible? If somebody could check and let me know I'd be obliged.

It's in it, so is Arsenal, "Hearts" and "Wolves"

Bound to be a few foreign ones as well

With the general pishness of our season, Nicky Clark's impact hasn't been mentioned much but his goalscoring return for us is really good. We can't claim to suddenly be a great side but one defeat in the last six league games (1-0 at Tannadice) isn't too bad going. There have been signs of us tightening up at the back and generally toughening up physically. We're also starting to create chances.

I'm so pleased Moffat got those goals as he's a guy that seems crippled by confidence. A wee spell on the sidelines thinking "I could do better that these guys" has hopefully focussed his mind. He nonchalantly tucked those chances on Saturday away with all the swagger of El Bak. With his head in the right place, The Moff could be a goal machine for us.

No idea how this will pan out on Saturday.

30 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Arsenal is only in some versions. Others substitute the word "armoury". It's also not capitalised, like "bury". Hearts and Wolves aren't the names of football clubs (abbreviations don't count).

On the other hand "Queen of the South" with proper capitalisation is in there (Luke Ch 11, Verse 33 and Matthew Ch 12, Verse 42).

1 hour ago, marie osmond said:

Can't be arsed checking but is the word 'bury' honestly not in the bible? If somebody could check and let me know I'd be obliged.

26 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

I think the point is that none of the above is used as a name in a sentence whereas Queen of the South is.

Of course, it is all a bit daft. Although not as daft as using google to check, supply an example from an article in the Guardian and then pretend that you "can't be arsed checking".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/dec/21/theknowledge.sport

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the point is that none of the above is used as a name in a sentence whereas Queen of the South is.

Of course, it is all a bit daft. Although not as daft as using google to check, supply an example from an article in the Guardian and then pretend that you "can't be arsed checking".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/dec/21/theknowledge.sport

Wrong guy but never mind. 

Ps Can't be arsed checking to see who it was.

This is a tough one to call. I actually thought Queens did pretty well against us at EEP albeit we did create a few more chances with ten men. The movement of Lyle and Dobbie was far ahead of anything else we've seen this season and it's a bit of a worry that they both scored at the weekend. We don't really travel well (we did beat St Mirren but that was St Mirren) and we have a few players out. Still, we've been playing better recently (played well with 10 v Ayr and we're decent despite having only about 40% possession in beating Morton) and some of the players who have been out of form seem to be coming onto a game. If pushed, I'd predict a 1-1 draw. Lyle and Clark the scorers.

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Herron being out again is a total pisser for us. He is our key midfielder, although I still feel confident with Nat in there. McCabe has decided to show that he can actually play the game recently, which is handy tbh.

A win here would be massive. The last time we played I didn't think Queens were anything special, and that's when they were top of the league. It was almost total domination from us when we went down to 10 men, bizarrely.

Can see a draw in this match in all honesty. 8-8.

Have you not worked out yet that Clark will always start, with Moffat getting 2 at the weekend he'd be the likely partner.

27 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Have you not worked out yet that Clark will always start

And so he damn well should have. This utter revisionist nonsense that suggests a man who got 41 goals in a single season was somehow favoured in being first choice striker is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. No Queens fan wanted to drop him at the time. Some thought he should partner Lyle, some thought Reilly, but Nicky fully deserved to be first pick.

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Seing as Clark is our best striker I'd imagine that yes, he will always start.

Going to grace us with your presence on Saturday to cheer on your idle? If so don't forget your pampas.

Archived