The Only Team in The Bible vs The Pars (17/12/2016)

7 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

What I will say about Sandy Clark is that while he was with us he was an excellent Asst Manager - exactly the experienced able type that we needed to support AJ. Gerry McCabe was also first class. If Messrs Fowler and Skelton had had somebody like Clark alongside them I suspect things would have been a lot better.everybody is different you and many others were insulted by Sandy's comments - frankly I couldn't care less what he said to McCoist and the comments do not take away the excellent job he did for us.if every employee helped to achieve as much in a season as he did we would be OK. Incidentally during that season Sandy also experienced some ridiculous catcalls during matches even when things were going well,about favouring Nicky over other strikers notably Gavin and occasionally Lyle. Being Nicky's father did create a potential conflict of interest but I think he and the players handled it well and the results spoke for themselves. Clark senior seems to be remembered very negatively by most which I say is unfair and unrepresentative of what he helped to achieve

Fair enough.

I don't recall many of those catcalls though.  I remember some mad poster on here ploughing a lone furrow along the lines of suggesting Nicky Clark was getting a game on the basis of favouritism.  Nobody took him at all seriously though, as the evidence on the pitch was so strong.

My objections to Sandy Clark are entirely as outlined above.  You characterised them as "rubbish".

I don't agree - that's all.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've always thought Nicky came across as ok to be honest.

This. I've never understood why some fans have a problem with him. He had an amazing season, scored a ton of goals and got a dream move to the club he supported. Since he left he's been back quite a few times to watch our games. 

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This. I've never understood why some fans have a problem with him. He had an amazing season, scored a ton of goals and got a dream move to the club he supported. Since he left he's been back quite a few times to watch our games. 

Steady.

Supporting Rangers is still unacceptable, but he seems a decent enough bloke otherwise.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Another great post mate, needed more bitterness aI bout Clark and some fandom over Reilly though.

I think I preferred the QoTS fan that couldn't multiquote.

Thanks, you do seem quite an intellectual and articulate kind of fellow but I still think you are a dick!

Having a dilemma. I found my Pars mug last Friday and knew it was a great omen. Victory over Morton was confirmed before a ball was kicked. Do I now step away from the mug and witness the Pars continue their improvement or do I have to keep drinking out of it to bring us luck? 

52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Having a dilemma. I found my Pars mug last Friday and knew it was a great omen. Victory over Morton was confirmed before a ball was kicked. Do I now step away from the mug and witness the Pars continue their improvement or do I have to keep drinking out of it to bring us luck? 

20141103_132701.jpg

17 hours ago, Hawk said:

Thanks, you do seem quite an intellectual and articulate kind of fellow but I still think you are a dick!

I got that impression from the constant red dots tbh.

I get the impression you love Reilly and hate Clark more than you like your football team, football doesn't seem like the sport for you.

Archived