Arbroath vs Elgin City

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think we missed Scott tbh be a good option to have coming off the bench though, liked how often Skelly and Linn switched sides two different kinds of players keeps full backs guessing

He's a good player

Will play his part

Everyone has now I'd say part from Thomson who's just not been able to break into the team

Best game I've seen in gayf in a good while, ref was utter shite, ref let them take a free kick miles out of position that lead to a very harsh sending off for the poor sukar, then looked like gold fouled there boy afore there player got sent off, although that wee p***k was fouling all game and near sent linn into the North Sea, thankfully linn was far to fast and good for the wee fanny, but by far the worst decision I have ever seen was not to give a pen for the push on Doris, he was staring at it, most blatant push you could ever see!!

on the game over all they come out flying and deserved to go one up, but then they scored a break away when we were a bit gung-ho at start of 2nd half and it was all us and we deserved to win, pruntys best game and I love his passion when we score, roll on cownden away 

Absolutely brilliant result today, thought Gomes had great save at 1 0 in the first half touching shot on to post. Doris immense and Prunty finally got monkey of  back hopefully will be regular scorer now. Bobby seemed to come to life second half hardly seen him first half, Skelly the same. What a turnaround though.WELL DONE BOYS..

was a blatant push on doris think the ref squared it up with the penalty he gave us very soft but who cares stevie d scored and 3 points

I missed the first shout for a pen. I take it is was at the corner that ricky missed the header?

Got to say I thought the penalty we did get was a silly foul from elgin. It was a def pen though for me.

Steven Doris won so much today but nobody seemed to take the gamble that he was going to win it therefore was a bit isolated at times. Great finish for his goal and nice pen.

Prunty was frustrating me in the first half but once he got his goal his tail was up and he did superbly for the second.

Some of the decisions from the ref were strange to say the least.

Great win though, nothing like a comeback to send you home happy.

The tactical switch to put Skelly on the same wing as Gold worked a treat. They combined really well. Skelly's work rate was terrific. A good match as usual between us an Elgin. Great character from the Lichties after a shaky start. I didn't think the ref was bad. Good penalty decision and fabulous finish from Steven.

was a blatant push on doris think the ref squared it up with the penalty he gave us very soft but who cares stevie d scored and 3 points

Dunno about soft, from where i was standing the boy pretty much rugby tacked hammy to the ground. Stupid pen to give away he wasnt even near the ball

Have I missed a rule change? Twice when players had treatment from the physio they didn't go off the pitch. In the first half the Elgin player who got Sukar booked stayed on and right at the end Bobby stayed on when he got clattered and needed lengthy treatment. I thought all players except keepers needed to leave the pitch if the physio came on to treat them.

Have I missed a rule change? Twice when players had treatment from the physio they didn't go off the pitch. In the first half the Elgin player who got Sukar booked stayed on and right at the end Bobby stayed on when he got clattered and needed lengthy treatment. I thought all players except keepers needed to leave the pitch if the physio came on to treat them.

It's only head injuries they have to leave the pitch for, I think.

11 minutes ago, WT Figo said:

I have now managed to find the answer to my own question. A rule change for this season says that if a player is injured and needs treatment, and an opposition player who caused the injury is given a yellow or red card, then the injured player doesn't need to leave the pitch. I am surprised that I haven't noticed this before, considering how much football I have seen this season, both live and televised.

A common sense, improved rule meaning that the team who have had a player fouled are not temporarily down to 10, though I seem to recall that the original rule was brought in to stop time wasting.

Jim weirs interview...think I saw a tear...

we have not been beaten by a better footballing team..........  apart from the first 20-25 it was all arbroath, but he was right about decisions evening themselves out over the season, as said before we should of had the more blantent penalty with push on Doris, no mention of that, 

Archived