Arbroath vs Elgin City

Kieran Stewart was honking in midfield. The boy could barely pass the ball to a teammate, struggled to be effective at tackling. couldnt strike the ball cleanly enough to be a threat at goal, has a head with more sides than a 20p, could get out jumped by a midget. not to mention he had a turning circle of a house.

basically he was utter pipe in midfield at this level. and looks just as bad in defence.

You are talking pish

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I'm a big fan of Gomes, a talented keeper. Could he have come off his line to stop Elgin's second? 

I was thinking along those lines. What was his starting position when the attack broke into the Arbroath half? I like Gomes' approach in trying to instantly start attacks when he's claims the ball. Need some players to note this & look to find pockets of space, could be a nice counter attacking tool.

Yeh my old man said the same at time about Sukars back pass that lead to first goal, never a sending off in a million years for him tho, 
I hope Phillips starts there next week but you never no, might end up with Whatley there and Malin starting or even Dunlop with Hammy moved to LB
Also you couldn't see it on highlights but what a save from Gomes in first half that hit inside of post, if that went in could of been game over

It was a yellow he got so two yellows = red

Thought Prunty was superb on Saturday and I am another fan who hopes he stays, I am certain getting that goal has lifted a lot of pressure off him, for a while after he scored he done superb to set of Doris's 1st and held the ball up well and had some intelligent play, in fact I was surprised he got taken off in fact I thought some of the subs were bizarre, after Sukar got sent off I thought he would have brought on Phillips (what does he have to do to get a game?) saying that we won so that was the main thing, apart from Prunts I thought Gold was superb closely followed by Doris, Skelly and Little but everybody done well, Linn's lead up play to Prunty's goal was worth the admission price on its own, well done lads.

Archived