Henmans v The Dee

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Don't start that Stan, you know that's not what I was saying. If him and his mates do that and they accept it as banter between friends then who are we to tell them otherwise.

They know each other and have friendship bonds and know how far to push it with each other, even if it sounds and is completely wrong that's up to them to speak to each other if they hate it. Here we are on an open public football forum, most of us don't know each other so we have to show a bit more care and thought about what we say and how we post, give people respect and do not go personal on someone.

This is the main thing is you want to get into some back and forth written jobby chucking on a public forum aim for the team or the post, not the person.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

You've let me down rugster. the whole " "If you don't condemn, you must agree " shite is best left for daily mail comment sections.

I blame the cold toast lunches.

Just you carry on circling the wagons mate. GFITW, Celtic family and all that pish. ;)

3 minutes ago, CityDave said:

They know each other and have friendship bonds and know how far to push it with each other, even if it sounds and is completely wrong that's up to them to speak to each other if they hate it. Here we are on an open public football forum, most of us don't know each other so we have to show a bit more care and thought about what we say and how we post, give people respect and do not go personal on someone.

This is the main thing is you want to get into some back and forth written jobby chucking on a public forum aim for the team or the post, not the person.

Maybe I missed a few posts or something but Davie didn't call anyone a f***** b******* on here did he? I thought he was just talking about him and his mates in this regard.

I suspect you are talking about him making the gay comment to Bennett? If so I don't have any issue with him being banned for that, that deserves a ban.

People have said he was a homophobe and a bigot. Now I do realise being a homophobe is bigoted but we all know the bigot comments were in regard to his f***** comment. I'm just pointing out that this particular comment was not bigoted and I hope it had nothing to do with his ban because there are far worse bigoted comments labelled at us on here that go unpunished.

9 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Maybe I missed a few posts or something but Davie didn't call anyone a f***** b******* on here did he? I thought he was just talking about him and his mates in this regard.

I suspect you are talking about him making the gay comment to Bennett? If so I don't have any issue with him being banned for that, that deserves a ban.

People have said he was a homophobe and a bigot. Now I do realise being a homophobe is bigoted but we all know the bigot comments were in regard to his f***** comment. I'm just pointing out that this particular comment was not bigoted and I hope it had nothing to do with his ban because there are far worse bigoted comments labelled at us on here that go unpunished.

I'm talking about in general, not selective.

You need to ask the person whom the comment was directed at to get the last word on whether or not it was offensive. We all have our differing opinions.

If you, yourself feel like you or some others on here are on the receiving end of offensive and or bigoted comments there is a report button you know. Highlight the comment or copy the post if you think its been missed, most of us on here don't read everything, but word gets around.

44 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Here we are on an open public football forum, most of us don't know each other so we have to show a bit more care and thought about what we say and how we post, give people respect and do not go personal on someone.

Well said.

I'm talking about in general, not selective.
You need to ask the person whom the comment was directed at to get the last word on whether or not it was offensive. We all have our differing opinions.
If you, yourself feel like you or some others on here are on the receiving end of offensive and or bigoted comments there is a report button you know. Highlight the comment or copy the post if you think its been missed, most of us on here don't read everything, but word gets around.

Thing is Dave I have reported at least 3 of them and one poster got back to me saying the mods found nothing wrong with it so eventually you just stop reporting them as nothing is ever done.

I understand you all like to give us OF fans a tough time and I enjoy the banter pretty much all the time but some people take it too far at times.

Like what? Genuine Q by the way.

Jupe before I go on and properly answer this I want to put a question to you and any others reading this.

Davie stated that he referred to himself as a f***** b****** and refers to his mates as that. I have said that Celtic fans have experienced much worse bigotry against us on here and I have provided the definition of bigotry above.

So as an example, let's say someone came on the forum and said the following.....

" ------- are absolute fucking vermin. No exceptions.

They are the lowest of the low. Wife beating, bigoted, violent, subhuman scum."

Now replace the first word ( the dashes) with anything you like, skin colour, religion, race, sexual orientation, sex, nationality.

In all honesty, forgetting that we are trying to get Celtic fans banned today, would you class this as a bigoted viewpoint and do you think this person should be banned?

Jupe before I go on and properly answer this I want to put a question to you and any others reading this.

Davie stated that he referred to himself as a f***** b****** and refers to his mates as that. I have said that Celtic fans have experienced much worse bigotry against us on here and I have provided the definition of bigotry above.

So as an example, let's say someone came on the forum and said the following.....

They are the lowest of the low. Wife beating, bigoted, violent, subhuman scum."

Now replace the first word ( the dashes) with anything you like, skin colour, religion, race, sexual orientation, sex, nationality.

In all honesty, forgetting that we are trying to get Celtic fans banned today, would you class this as a bigoted viewpoint and do you think this person should be banned?

WTF?

Celtic fans are not a race, religion, orientation or any of the above. You are customers of a plc. There is nothing bigoted about that statement as it refers to a bunch of Football fans. To suggest otherwise is utterly ridiculous. Had the poster made that statement (I think it was Jimmy) in reference to an actual race, religion etc he'd have been rightly emptied.

Back to my question?

WTF?

Celtic fans are not a race, religion, orientation or any of the above. You are customers of a plc. There is nothing bigoted about that statement as it refers to a bunch of Football fans. To suggest otherwise is utterly ridiculous. Had the poster made that statement (I think it was Jimmy) in reference to an actual race, religion etc he'd have been rightly emptied.

Back to my question?

So football fans of a football club are not a group of people who have similar beliefs that are different from the beliefs of another football club?

Is it ok for Celtic fans to call rangers fans orange b****** or vice versa with fe**** ********

So football fans of a football club are not a group of people who have similar beliefs that are different from the beliefs of another football club?

Is it ok for Celtic fans to call rangers fans orange b****** or vice versa with fe**** ********

Your last line has nothing at all to do with the quote you posted previously, which as I've already said is not bigoted.

Sectarian insults are classed as Bigotry. Are you saying these have been openly used against you here without sanction? If not what bigoted insults were used against you three times without the offender being punished?

Your last line has nothing at all to do with the quote you posted previously, which as I've already said is not bigoted.

Sectarian insults are classed as Bigotry. Are you saying these have been openly used against you here without sanction? If not what bigoted insults were used against you three times without the offender being punished?

There's simply no point in talking to you if you don't think that comment above is bigoted. Someone had generalised a group of people, of which there are hundreds of thousands of, and stated that without exception they are all the exact same vile person.

If you don't think that's bigoted then you are wrong. Bigotry does not need to be against a race or religion, bigotry is disliking any group of people because they share different beliefs than you do. This is the biggest part of the problem on here

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Thing is Dave I have reported at least 3 of them and one poster got back to me saying the mods found nothing wrong with it so eventually you just stop reporting them as nothing is ever done.

I understand you all like to give us OF fans a tough time and I enjoy the banter pretty much all the time but some people take it too far at times.

Why would a poster get back to you on a reported post and not a mod, shouldn't you be the first to know about it ?

And yes I've seen some people take it too far over the last days and it was brought to the attention of a moderator, the result of that I don't know, it would have been taken care of out of sight. If people get warnings most don't complain about it or make a big deal over it especially in public and most hope it will get forgotten about, and once the disciplinary period is up that's the end of the matter.  Maybe this is why you might think nothing gets done when some fans of other clubs take it to far when it comes to Celtic or the supporters on here. I'm sure there are a number of posters of non OF on here or have been on here who have been warned at some time, suspended or banned because of their comments towards both Celtic and Rangers fans, especially when it turns personal.

29 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

It's not without exception though. There used to be one decent Celtic poster on here. So we're ok on that front.

22 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

If you don't think that's bigoted then you are wrong. Bigotry does not need to be against a race or religion, bigotry is disliking any group of people because they share different beliefs than you do. This is the biggest part of the problem on here

Being a Celtic fan is not a "belief".

Archived