• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, going to miss this and the St Johnstone game on the 28th, away for the festive break, but back for the cruncher on New Year's Eve against that lot. No reason we can't continue our recent vein of form. Looking a little more settled at the back, making our possession count in the middle and creating chances. Waghorn back alongside Garner and wee Barry makes for an improving forward line (plus still having Kenny as back up). It's looking ok at the minute, another 3 a piece from Caley and Saints would be most welcome. Happy Birthday btw Kinc, Cheers [emoji481]

Another tough game against a well organised defensive team who'll counter attack, we're breaking teams down now better and tighter at the back.

Another 2 - 1 win for the Gers and three more points.

20 hours ago, bennett said:

Another tough game against a well organised defensive team who'll counter attack.

You've obviously not seen us much this season. We've been awful at the back for much of it. Slightly more solid the past two weeks, but still nowhere near the levels of a couple of seasons ago.

Out league record at Ibrox isn't too disastrous - a couple of wins and a couple of draws in the past alongside the inevitable bunch of defeats - but I can't see past a comfortable home win here, unfortunately. We're not creating nearly enough, and we're not stopping teams creating against us. There will probably be even fewer away supporters than usual too - a few of us will be going from the Glasgow, but not sure how many will fancy the journey down from Inverness on Christmas Eve.

Looks like Richie will have a threadbare squad of players to pick from for this. No doubt the hatchet men in the Rangers team will try and win the match through maiming and injuring our players.

Strange, Bears of the opinion that we face a tough game (I concur), whilst Caley fans are running up the white flag quicker than a French fort.

The supporters of every other club due to face us have been blowing hard about how easy it was going to be, no worries, win by 3 or 4, and so on.

Come on Caley fans, you are letting the side down, it is only Sevco after all,  get your act together.

Both clubs in previous incarnations. I wish there was surviving footage of this game. One of my first games in attendance Telford Street, Scottish Cup 1984. Stood at the barrier behind the net in the Howden End

Image result for caledonian rangers

Image result for caledonian rangers

12th.jpg

Are there more photos from this match available, seems a shame that this is all that remains.

CTO has a thread in the Olde Inverness section http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/9356-scottish-cup-caley-v-rangers-1984/?page=2

3 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

a few of us will be going from the Glasgow, but not sure how many will fancy the journey down from Inverness on Christmas Eve.

got to wonder what they think about when the fixtures are created, how hard would it be to schedule a rangers v partick match for example on xmas eve and send you lot to say dingwall or aberdeen

fair play to the guys that come down for the game on xmas eve, but understandable if no one did at all, c**t of a journey

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

got to wonder what they think about when the fixtures are created, how hard would it be to schedule a rangers v partick match for example on xmas eve and send you lot to say dingwall or aberdeen

fair play to the guys that come down for the game on xmas eve, but understandable if no one did at all, c**t of a journey

Yeah there's pretty much no way I'm coming down for this one. I don't really like going to Ibrox. I'm not going to tar all Rangers fans with the same brush but the game just before the referendum was absolutely toxic. The amount of shite that was thrown at us by Rangers fans was unreal, our supporters bus was also 'shelled' and some of our fans were attacked outside the ground. If the game was pretty much any other time during the season I would probably still go but given the previous match between the sides and the fact it is on Christmas Eve I will almost certainly skip this one.

We lost three more players to injury yesterday. No idea who will actually be available to play next weekend but it will be beyond threadbare for us. A point would absolutely incredible but I can't see anything other than a Rangers win.

56 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Not even that , it's at half 12 . Means people will have to leave Inverness between 6-7.30 to make it comfortably on time . On Xmas eve . Madness 

53 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah there's pretty much no way I'm coming down for this one. I don't really like going to Ibrox. I'm not going to tar all Rangers fans with the same brush but the game just before the referendum was absolutely toxic. The amount of shite that was thrown at us by Rangers fans was unreal, our supporters bus was also 'shelled' and some of our fans were attacked outside the ground. If the game was pretty much any other time during the season I would probably still go but given the previous match between the sides and the fact it is on Christmas Eve I will almost certainly skip this one.

We lost three more players to injury yesterday. No idea who will actually be available to play next weekend but it will be beyond threadbare for us. A point would absolutely incredible but I can't see anything other than a Rangers win.

Uh huh....

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The latest weather forecast doesn't make it look good for traveling either.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Uh huh....

The atmosphere that night was completely different to any other time I've been at Ibrox. There was genuine hostility directed towards us; obviously a minority, but it was really noticeable all the same. One of the people I was with was headbutted outside the ground after the game, the boy with the drum was given a bit of a kicking, and lots of cars on Broomloan Road with SNP stickers had had their windows smashed. I've lived in Glasgow for years, love the city and don't buy into the stereotype that old firm supporters are always looking for bother, and I've probably been to Ibrox about ten times without seeing any trouble, but that's just how it was that night. I don't expect it to be anything like that next week, tbh.     

4 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

The atmosphere that night was completely different to any other time I've been at Ibrox. There was genuine hostility directed towards us; obviously a minority, but it was really noticeable all the same. One of the people I was with was headbutted outside the ground after the game, the boy with the drum was given a bit of a kicking, and lots of cars on Broomloan Road with SNP stickers had had their windows smashed. I've lived in Glasgow for years, love the city and don't buy into the stereotype that old firm supporters are always looking for bother, and I've probably been to Ibrox about ten times without seeing any trouble, but that's just how it was that night. I don't expect it to be anything like that next week, tbh.     

There's no point in trying to reason with him he doesn't go to games and only watches his team on TV. If he doesn't see it, he won't believe it...or so he makes out.

54 minutes ago, bennett said:

Uh huh....

Ah, the classic response of some of the OF fans on here. "Something negative about our club - deny!" You're the Rangers version of Davie Bhoy. As AM there was nothing but sheer hostility directed at ICT fans that night. The Rangers fans next to us were only interested in trying to fight. The game was of secondary importance to them. Whilst the referendum was undoubtedly the catalyst and it is highly unlikely to be like that this week it certainly doesn't encourage away fans to attend given the actions of some of your support.

Archived