Old Firm Colts in L2

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Players will still be loaned out it does not effect that,colt teams will increase the number of players trying to make it in the game.

The very reason Celtic want the Colts in L2 is so they can have control of what system their players are being played in. They'd get this playing in a reserve league (along with the fundimental benefits to developing youth players) alongside and against better more experienced players.

They want a colt team in there to have something in place if they manage to get out of the Scottish league. That is the only benefit there could possibly be to either the league or the clubs that doesn't require a level of "what if" or stupid whataboutery. It's the foot in the door. The same as the Challenge Cup was. It was blatant then, and it's just as blatant now. People can bury their heads in the sand all they want. At least this time, there's no actual signs towards any of the fantasy land stuff like leaving the league actually happening.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Players will still be loaned out it does not effect that,colt teams will increase the number of players trying to make it in the game.

The opposite happens in reality. Numerous youngsters drift out of the game entirely after being released by the big Clubs. This is down to the numbers game Clubs are playing with regards to youth development.

Just now, Randy Giles said:

They want a colt team in there to have something in place if they manage to get out of the Scottish league. That is the only benefit there could possibly be to either the league or the clubs that doesn't require a level of "what if" or stupid whataboutery. It's the foot in the door. The same as the Challenge Cup was. It was blatant then, and it's just as blatant now. People can bury their heads in the sand all they want. At least this time, there's no actual signs towards any of the fantasy land stuff like leaving the league actually happening.

I think there's an element of that in it. It would certainly suit the SFAs agenda if they did find someplace that would take them.

Just now, sjc said:

I think there's an element of that in it. It would certainly suit the SFAs agenda if they did find someplace that would take them.

I think it's more than an element. I think it's been their endgame since they looked to get into the Challenge Cup. Worth noting this was pointed out by a fair few folk at THAT time as well. So far, it's went pretty much as expected, including this latest episode.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Would love to see them now do the opposite. Put a Colt team down the leagues in England, fund it up to a decent level (say L1) then move down south never to be heard of in Scotland again. That's the dream! 

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Nonsense, the League 1 & 2 teams will not get the quality of young players they get now. The best ones will be playing together for the Colts.

You're right that the Colts will have increased numbers though. Hmm wonder where they'll come from...?? Oh that's right other Scottish teams will have their best talent snapped up by Rangers and Celtic to further weaken them and strengthen the Blue and Green Glasgow teams. Where do we sign up? :rolleyes:

You really seem to be having difficulty with this concept, so let's spell it out as simply as possible; Celtic and Rangers are getting pelters for this because they're the ones who proposed it. Beeling about your poor Old Firm experiencing prejudice doesn't change the fact that this would be getting the same treatment if it had been put forward by Aberdeen, Hibernian, or Glenbuck Cherrypickers.
You've been handed a variety of reasons why this is a terrible idea that won't achieve what it's been proposed to, alternative ideas that might have a chance of being helpful, and examples of the lack of restriction that might lead a reasonable person to believe that there are ulterior motives at play. You've addressed none of them; your only contribution has been to repeat that *some* directors might be willing to let this go if their club is handed an extra amount of money, as if this is a revelation that we need to be constantly reminded of.
 And you've the cheek to accuse other posters of stifling debate, lack of thought, kneejerk objections, and prejudice? You'd be on everyone's ignore list for tone trolling by now if it wasn't for the fact that you might apparently have some kind of influence on whether Cowdenbeath votes in favour of this.

Real life has got in the way the last wee while so I’ve only just read this now.

That is some telt that.

Looks like it’s the telt that finally got CC to disappear from this thread.

Played

1 hour ago, sjc said:

The opposite happens in reality. Numerous youngsters drift out of the game entirely after being released by the big Clubs. This is down to the numbers game Clubs are playing with regards to youth development.

Again you are proving my point for me,this is designed to keep more players in the game with 1 or 2 seasons in senior football.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

I think it's more than an element. I think it's been their endgame since they looked to get into the Challenge Cup. Worth noting this was pointed out by a fair few folk at THAT time as well. So far, it's went pretty much as expected, including this latest episode.

I don't really blame the OF* for trying this, it's the fact the SFA and numerous Club chairmen are so willing to bend over to accommodate them!

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Again you are proving my point for me,this is designed to keep more players in the game with 1 or 2 seasons in senior football.

It won't, they'll still end up getting released by Celtic and Rangers* at the same 19-22 age bracket as present leading to a number of them to lose heart and faith in the game.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

I don't really blame the OF* for trying this, it's the fact the SFA and numerous Club chairmen are so willing to bend over to accommodate them!

I said much the same thing earlier in the thread. They know how much they can bend the authorities over up here, so ultimately, it's up to the clubs to do something.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

How about L2 sides having youth teams in the Premiership? Obviously no relegation.

Which we all know, based on some of the twisted "logic" of those behind this whole idea, means the following? :lol:

L2 youth teams in Premiership > L2 colt players in Premiership pumped 20-0 for half a season > L2 youths will be placed back in their first teams > L2 youths now brimming with confidence after weekly pastings to play the Colts in L2 > Premiership Colts now face better opposition > World Cup triumph we've all been craving.

Shows just how stupid the actual proposal is.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

It won't, they'll still end up getting released by Celtic and Rangers* at the same 19-22 age bracket as present leading to a number of them to lose heart and faith in the game.

Then the trickle down effect takes place with players going on to play at a decent level with other clubs.

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Real life has got in the way the last wee while so I’ve only just read this now.

That is some telt that.

Looks like it’s the telt that finally got CC to disappear from this thread.

Played

The telt!  You remain in a fog - l left for reasons stated nothing more not in some sort of huff or upset or because of some prattle from Tabby.  But as ever you post nonsense posing as truth in true Trump style.  Now I won’t bother posting again so feel free to fire in another lame post and snigger with your pals.  

47 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Then the trickle down effect takes place with players going on to play at a decent level with other clubs.

You're all over the place here.  The colt teams are being pushed in order to help the National team, at least that's the party line anyway. You've jumped from "it will be good for the National team" to "it will help more first team players come through at big clubs" to "the trickle down effect with these players will help everyone". You don't have a scooby and you're desperately trying to defend the indefensible.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're all over the place here.  The colt teams are being pushed in order to help the National team, at least that's the party line anyway. You've jumped from "it will be good for the National team" to "it will help more first team players come through at big clubs" to "the trickle down effect with these players will help everyone". You don't have a scooby and you're desperately trying to defend the indefensible.

I know its terrible anwsering fans posts on a football forum doh!