Old Firm Colts in L2

OK, I'll rephrase. Why would anybody who has Scottish lower league football's best interest at heart, bribery aside, think this is a good idea?

Well they may genuinely think it is good for the overall game and thus will enhance overall standards or they might feel as Directors if their club has tight finances it would benefit from extra cash being available and their duty as company directors lies in doing what is best for their club thus preserving them as a Lower league club - it isn't that hard to come up with possibilities as opposed to just assuming you have the monopoly on knowing what is right for Scottish lower league football,

Personally from me I am not for Colts teams as I think in the senior leagues there should just be one club representation of a club.

However if it means introducing them into the leagues is going to benefit Scottish Football and lower league clubs such as Cowdenbeath having an increase year on year in their coffers then I am all for it.

I do however think that their should be a restriction on how far they can potentially go up the leagues and would probably cap it at just League One and no further. 

This is a great idea. There's no limits to how influential this could go to.

the first team and colt team should be able to interchange players as and when required. Colt team seeded in the cups. Unlimited subs so maximum amount of players are involved. 

No transfer window for them either. An opponent has a good game, sign him the next day.

the list is endless and the more initiatives the better Scottish football will be.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In what way would it increase a clubs 'coffers'????????

Not sure as I have said I am against the idea but if the proposals are backed up with the financial benefits and how it improves the Scottish game etc then I am all for it 

Thoroughly fucking bored by this shite. Please, Christ, that our board don't vote for it, but I'll be another one done if it comes to pass. I've better things to spend a couple of hundred quid a year on than watching a glorified youth development exercise for two clubs who hate having to deal with the rest of us anyway.

9 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Personally from me I am not for Colts teams as I think in the senior leagues there should just be one club representation of a club.

However if it means introducing them into the leagues is going to benefit Scottish Football and lower league clubs such as Cowdenbeath having an increase year on year in their coffers then I am all for it.

I do however think that their should be a restriction on how far they can potentially go up the leagues and would probably cap it at just League One and no further. 

"Give me enough silver coins and i'll let you stick it anywhere big boy"

And why would this happen?

You wouldn't think anyone would need it spelled out! How would big clubs persuade small clubs to vote in favour - by dangling a cash carrot. Thus as part of any reorganisation clubs in lower league (or lowland league if necessary) get £20k to £30k more in the annual cash distribution.

You wouldn't think anyone would need it spelled out! How would big clubs persuade small clubs to vote in favour - by dangling a cash carrot. Thus as part of any reorganisation clubs in lower league (or lowland league if necessary) get £20k to £30k more in the annual cash distribution.

:lol:

You think Rangers (even Celtic for that matter) have 200-300k a season to give to League 2 clubs to let their B team play in the league?????

Fucking hell.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

:lol:

You think Rangers (even Celtic for that matter) have 200-300k a season to give to League 2 clubs to let their B team play in the league?????

Fucking hell.

I presume he would be meaning a re distribution of the SPFL payments to all clubs not the old firm personally.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Again why would this happen? A re distribution? Getting distributed to where from where?

The annual payments that all clubs get from the SPFL. If the SPFL were trying to push this through they may offer an increase in annual payments as CC mentioned.

The annual payments that all clubs get from the SPFL. If the SPFL were trying to push this through they may offer an increase in annual payments as CC mentioned.

So the SPFL are going to find an extra how much to give to the 40 other clubs?? Great way to spend money.

SPFL 2 clubs an extra £300k a year, how much are the clubs in L1, the championship and the premiership going to get then? Because an extra 30k a year really isn't that much extra for clubs in L2, the winner of this league gets 55k. It's buttons to championship clubs and premiership clubs.

So an extra 1.2 million minimum a year, likely much much more, the SPFL have to find to push this idea through.... Not happening.