Forfar v Clyde - Boxing Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been supporter of BF from start but time to have a serious look at his record out the league race before new year that's unacceptable
I know we had injuries but we should still be at least in touching distance of the leaders

Lose on Saturday we drop out the play off places

We should have won 3-2 and we were in control that's when we needed fergie and Tiffony on, extremely poor defending for the 2 late goals no attempt made to stop any of the crosses. 

I still think it will come down to who is most consistent between January and the end of the season just not looking good for us at the moment. :unsure:

Great game, don't think any neutrals will be regretting their attendance. Clyde played well with a strong team out for first time in a while (no Higgins, S Ferguson passengering about the place), Forfar had plenty of chances and have a few good players at this level. Disappointed to lose when we put so much into it but really it's the previous three games that have been the killer, not today. 

Blaming BF for not making subs is daft. Not sure any of those on the bench would've made a difference at that stage with the system we were playing. You wouldnt say Forfar were battering us. McLaughlin was quickly shunted out to the side of the diamond after a rubbish start, and didn't help McNiff at all. Smith and Perry normally defend crosses easily but got caught on their heels twice. Lots of good individual performances; Linton, McNeil, Gormley. Flynn in patches even if he looked like he'd not played 90 for a while.

What a great hard fought victory, if we were the only team in Angus we would have been run away winners by now.....

A few knuckle draggers in the Clyde support, I can't understand our pathetic stewards not chucking the pitch invaders out. The Buckfast monks will have a healthy profit this festive season.....

16 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Loving the attitude and spirit Jamie Bain is giving!
Another great game today!

Unlucky he didn't get MOTM to be honest.

Both he and Coxy run their socks off every week, fantastic attitude from both players. 

Cannae believe Lister cracked his goal drought.  What a game to do it in.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

It was Grant Adam that got booked, be jumped into the crowd when we scored! some boy

Must be contagious, Clyde fans were jumping on the pitch.

Blaming BF for not making subs is daft. Not sure any of those on the bench would've made a difference at that stage with the system we were playing.

What was the point on signing Tiffoney then if he isn't going to make a difference? 3-2 up with 10 mins left we should be making subs for fresh legs and to waste time. It's either naive or stupid to do otherwise.

What was the point on signing Tiffoney then if he isn't going to make a difference? 3-2 up with 10 mins left we should be making subs for fresh legs and to waste time. It's either naive or stupid to do otherwise.

The reverse of that is bringing on subs that aren't up to full match speed. Seems Clyde were doing well til that point. Changes may have upset that rhythm. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at times

58 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Got to agree. I've backed barry since the start with the exception of the formartine aftermath where I wanted him out. A good bit on I am struggling to find that support for him. Yes we have a shite budget, yes we've had injuries, but the XI we put out really should be up there! 

Might be better looking at your boardroom.  What is the clubs plans?  Broadwood or move.  Alexander still trying for EK, seems that is where he wants you. 

Clyde need to decide where they are playing, agree there will be no other venue looked at.  Settle and start re-building a fan base. 

Until then no manager is going to achieve much.

It's a really bad loss for us, if we had won today then we would have been 7 points behind and still in contention with the January transfer window coming up. Instead we are 13 points behind with little chance of clawing that back.

Losing to the league leaders in a tight game, isn't terrible on its own but the recent results against teams in the bottom half of the table are a big concern.

I would be giving Ferguson till the end of this season to get us promoted via the play offs and if that doesn't happen then it's time for somebody else to take over.

58 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

It's a really bad loss for us, if we had won today then we would have been 7 points behind and still in contention with the January transfer window coming up. Instead we are 13 points behind with little chance of clawing that back.

Losing to the league leaders in a tight game, isn't terrible on its own but the recent results against teams in the bottom half of the table are a big concern.

I would be giving Ferguson till the end of this season to get us promoted via the play offs and if that doesn't happen then it's time for somebody else to take over.

If Barry is given till the end of the season, I don't think we'll be in the play offs, let alone win them.

We've got enough decent players to take us there with someone who knows what they are doing in charge. 

Why let Barry destroy the dressing room again with umpteen unnecessary changes in the January window to start all over again?

The time for a long overdue change is now!

If Barry is given till the end of the season, I don't think we'll be in the play offs, let alone win them.
We've got enough decent players to take us there with someone who knows what they are doing in charge. 
Why let Barry destroy the dressing room again with umpteen unnecessary changes in the January window to start all over again?
The time for a long overdue change is now!

I don't think that his January changes have ever been unnecessary. The players he gets rid off tend to be the most useless.
Hopefully, Higgins and McNiff will be gone soon.

I don't think that his January changes have ever been unnecessary. The players he gets rid off tend to be the most useless.
Hopefully, Higgins and McNiff will be gone soon.

He signs them , when does it actually become BF's fault for poor results ?
How
Excuses are made all the time we have had low budget (well not this year ) then it was the fans fault for shouting at players , Broadwood ( home form is good this year ) injuries

So it's useless players now well at least it's something new

Archived