Motherwell vs Aberdeen 23/12/16

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I'm a Dons fan going to Fir Park on Friday for about the first time in 20 years with some friends - anyone got any tips for getting pre and post match pints?

There's  few bars along from Lidl towards the train station. Usually a fair few Dons fans in them. 

Really enjoy a trip to Fir Park, one of the better away days.

1 minute ago, shootingboots said:

There's  few bars along from Lidl towards the train station. Usually a fair few Dons fans in them.

If you walk right from Lidl there's The New Century and if you walk left there's the police station :lol:

7 hours ago, Swello said:

9-1 against one of the Elites? Shame it's too late for the Xmas DVD market.

7 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

No wonder Aberdeen have decided to lop off our funding, tbf.

I think it's shite that the authorities can be used by the bigger clubs to perpetuate the status quo and increase inequalities. Especially if we collude.

I do wonder what sort of success elite status is based on if we qualify.

Don't usually make Friday night games but as we finish early this week for Christmas will heading over to this one. As someone else has already said no idea how the Dons will line up but however we do we need to win. McInnes needs to stop the constant tinkering and trying to put square pegs in round holes and play players in their best positions. Hopefully see Rooney back up front as just do not see Stockley being good enough. 

I'm a Dons fan going to Fir Park on Friday for about the first time in 20 years with some friends - anyone got any tips for getting pre and post match pints?

How are you getting to Motherwell?

10 hours ago, starryfish said:

The Bullfrog is usually full of Dandies whenever I've headed to Fir Park 

Just get a taxi and ask for the railway tavern or the war office.

Or just head to windmillhill St and go in the New Century or Windmill. A lot of away fans also head for the bullfrog, that's out the actual town but handy for the away end.

The War Office?  Fucking hell...

Anyway, just watched the highlights of the U20's game yesterday.  You've got to admire the belief in the Aberdeen penalty taker.  Scores to make it 7-1 and he's straight to the net to get the ball back to the halfway line.  "Mon lads.  There's still time!" :lol::lol:  

Looking at the forecast and met office weather warnings for Friday - not sure how this game can be on. Watching a game in a 50mph gale doesn't sound like fun - considerably less so if you've got a 300 mile round trip either side of it I'd guess. Given that Fir Park is held together by cobwebs and congealed pie grease - I would imagine the club will need to make an early decision on this...

On 12/20/2016 at 12:15, Mr Hahn said:

Admittedly I've seen a lot more of Aberdeen this season than I have Motherwell, but Aberdeen's midfield is their weakest area if you ask me. Last few games I've seen them, they've been very sluggish and haven't created a whole lot. Maddison is a spark but McLean and particularly Shinnie (who I think is a far better left back) have been poor recently imo.

I agree with you that our Midfield is the weakest area of the team although disagree with McLean being poor the last lot of games as he has been our only Midfielder playing to a decent standard bar the Rangers game. Manager must strengthen Centre midfield at the next transfer window that is for sure.

I hope our manager puts out his strongest team as our form this month has the form we showed a year ago in October and providing a very difficult time for all. McGinn proved against Ross County he gives us balance in the team needed so I would like to hope he will be back in the starting line up while I hope Hayes gets back on form. I also hope Maddison is dropped as he is a luxury player we can do without at this difficult time and we need to battle for everything. 

14 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Really enjoy a trip to Fir Park, one of the better away days.

Not sure it one of the better away days now as nae pub near the ground since Jack Daniels don't let away support in and the Fir Park Social club is shut down although still waiting on Motherwell Club 100 opening up. The town centre is miles away from the ground as well. 

50 minutes ago, Milners said:

Not sure it one of the better away days now as nae pub near the ground since Jack Daniels don't let away support in and the Fir Park Social club is shut down although still waiting on Motherwell Club 100 opening up. The town centre is miles away from the ground as well. 

Didn't realise social club has shut down, and the JD bar is no more (for away fans)!

Was only start of last season I was last down too. 

If we're talking between Lidl and the train station then there is a few.

Windmill, Century, Brandon Bar, Starka. Then as you head through town centre you've got Horseshoe, Tavern and Wetherspoons.

Can't say I'd recommend them all, mind you...

Archived