Motherwell vs Aberdeen 23/12/16

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Swello said:

I think it takes a lot of rain to get a game off on our pitch these days - there were times last winter when not only were there were games on that would previously had no chance - but the pitch actually played pretty well.

I'm hopeful the game is on (even though I've got a 70 mile round trip) - but when there are weather warnings telling people to travel only if necessary, it seems a bit shite to expect Dons fans to drive down in that type of weather. Hopefully only the central belt 80's glory hunters are there and the fans actually based in Aberdeen watch it in the pub. 

As a 2012-14 north east glory hunter I can indeed report the driving conditions are challenging to say the least. Left at 9:30 this morning and the car was getting blown around a fair bit particularly around Stonehaven and Perth. Torrential rain at times too which my wipers could barely deal with. Sincerely hope we have a game though, been looking forward to it for the last few days and reckon this is a good time to be playing Aberdeen. Conditions could make this a bit of a lottery though, Samson until high balls in the wind....:unsure:

Lucas and Hammell start.

433 with Cadden up top with Moult and McDonald? 4132 with an anchor?

Motherwell: Samson, Tait, Hammell, Heneghan, McManus, Moult, Cadden, Lasley, Lucas, Clay, McDonald

Motherwell subs: Brill, Ainsworth, Bowman, Thomas, Ferguson, Mackin, McMillan

Pitch looks great. 

Dons: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, Taylor, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, McGinn, Hayes, Jack

Subs: Alexander, O'Connor, Pawlett, Maddison,Burns, Stockley, Storey. 

Glad that Rooney's starting this one. 

Happy that McGinn is back in the team; not too enticed by the prospect of seeing Taylor and Reynolds against Moult and McDonald, and a little bemused that O'Connor has been benched. Oh well.

Slightly surprised O'Connor has been dropped.

Archived