Motherwell vs Aberdeen 23/12/16

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Milners said:

I agree with you that our Midfield is the weakest area of the team although disagree with McLean being poor the last lot of games as he has been our only Midfielder playing to a decent standard bar the Rangers game. Manager must strengthen Centre midfield at the next transfer window that is for sure.

I hope our manager puts out his strongest team as our form this month has the form we showed a year ago in October and providing a very difficult time for all. McGinn proved against Ross County he gives us balance in the team needed so I would like to hope he will be back in the starting line up while I hope Hayes gets back on form. I also hope Maddison is dropped as he is a luxury player we can do without at this difficult time and we need to battle for everything. 

Fair enough. I don't dispute that he's a good player, he's got an excellent range of passing and can be a threat going forward but particularly when I've seen him along side Shinnie, the pair of them have been very sluggish and the team's downfall has been a lack of urgency to move the ball in midfield.

Not at all looking forward to this in the slightest. Why I am going is beyond me. Stupidity and blind loyalty.

The Motherwell fan who said our midfield is the weakest part of our team is true, particularly the soft as anything centre of it. I didn't want to be advocating Shinnie back in there but he's the only one with bite just now. Captain Jack would drop out, anonymous displays recently.

My team tomorrow would be: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; McLean, Shinnie; McGinn, Pawlett, Hayes; Rooney. Two wingers playing on their preferred wings not disappearing inside. Back to basics with a more rigid structure, Shinnie into the middle of midfield for some bite and drop the underperforming luxury that is currently Maddison.

While those ideas will never be implemented and Shinnie into the middle of the park will be met with consternation, we have to address the softness in there over the next week. Three huge games that will define the half season to come.

Playing the above, I'd fancy us to shit out a 2-1 win with McGinn and Pawlett scoring for us, McDonald for Well. Playing the way McInnes is likely to, 2-0 Motherwell with Moult and McDonald repeating their feats of mid March.

No.  The pitch is absolutely fine.  The official Motherwell Twitter has been providing updates all morning.  

The only issues would be if the weather gets worse, and the safety of the fans becomes a concern (mainly the travelling conditions for visiting fans).

Hopefully it's game on.

24 minutes ago, Desp said:

No.  The pitch is absolutely fine.  The official Motherwell Twitter has been providing updates all morning.  

The only issues would be if the weather gets worse, and the safety of the fans becomes a concern (mainly the travelling conditions for visiting fans).

Hopefully it's game on.

I think it takes a lot of rain to get a game off on our pitch these days - there were times last winter when not only were there were games on that would previously had no chance - but the pitch actually played pretty well.

I'm hopeful the game is on (even though I've got a 70 mile round trip) - but when there are weather warnings telling people to travel only if necessary, it seems a bit shite to expect Dons fans to drive down in that type of weather. Hopefully only the central belt 80's glory hunters are there and the fans actually based in Aberdeen watch it in the pub. 

30 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think it takes a lot of rain to get a game off on our pitch these days - there were times last winter when not only were there were games on that would previously had no chance - but the pitch actually played pretty well.

I'm hopeful the game is on (even though I've got a 70 mile round trip) - but when there are weather warnings telling people to travel only if necessary, it seems a bit shite to expect Dons fans to drive down in that type of weather. Hopefully only the central belt 80's glory hunters are there and the fans actually based in Aberdeen watch it in the pub. 

Hey! I've already decided to watch it in the pub. 

2 hours ago, Desp said:

Hopefully it's game on.

Cheers. Hopefully game is on as looking forward to a few beers. No chance of wife allowing that if there is no game to slip away to.

Archived