Hogmanay Plans

I hate having to do manly handshakes to everyone I meet for the first few days of the year.

"Ah yes happy new year"

MANLY HANDSHAKE

"Did you have a big new year then?"

"No I sat in with the wife watching television"

Please kill me.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I hate having to do manly handshakes to everyone I meet for the first few days of the year.

"Ah yes happy new year"

MANLY HANDSHAKE

Please kill me.

I just tell people I can't be bothered with any of that pish.

Absolutely f**k all, forced myself to do something for the past nine hogmanays until I realised I didn't really care about it.

It will be, however, exactly one year since I met my current girlfriend. I'd just finished work an hour after the bells, got steaming at my mate's flat party and rifled her on his couch.

So romantic.

13 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Aye, so you do.

Erm, yes, sorry. Anyone know knows me knows how I can't be bothered with the festive period. Most people I know can't either as it forces them to spend time with their wives/kids. A "Happy New Year" usually turns into a soul-searching moan about it all. 

Usual shite. McEwans Export with whisky chasers, watching Still Game, Only an Excuse etc in the house, followed by Phil and Ally at the Bells then over to BBC2 for Jools Holland. A buffet consisting of shortbread and fruitcake on the side. Have got a case of Tennents in the garage in the unlikely event of first footers turning up.

Anyone requesting Budweiser or Jack Daniels gets treated with the contempt they deserve...  

Erm, yes, sorry. Anyone know knows me knows how I can't be bothered with the festive period. Most people I know can't either as it forces them to spend time with their wives/kids. A "Happy New Year" usually turns into a soul-searching moan about it all. 

So if someone wishes you a happy new year and offers a handshake, you refuse and tell them you "can't be bothered with that pish"?

Miserable cùnt.

13 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

So if someone wishes you a happy new year and offers a handshake, you refuse and tell them you "can't be bothered with that pish"?

Miserable cùnt.

I'm not an out and out miserable c**t but I can't stand being told what to do. Christmas and new year feels like brainwashing. 

7 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Nobodies telling you what to do when they wish you a happy new year, you miserable cùnt.

But it's so robotised. They're doing it from habit, not sincerity. I'll take the miserable c accusation though, that's fair enough. Missus went out earlier and asked if I could Hoover up the Christmas tree pine needles. I said the best solution would be for me to get the tree to the dump. "Miserable c" was a rough summmation of her reply. 

I agree to an extent. Xmas is good for the kids and I enjoy the family get together. New year is a joke! Hate it. Another day in my opinion. A pathetic excuse for half the country to get ratarsed for no reason. This year will be even worse with all the cretins from the old firm out in force! Can get pished any day I want, don't need a hyped up day to do it, buy a ticket to get in a pub where they rip u off anyway? No thanks! I'll see in the bells with the mrs then go to bed and go to work on the 1st.

8 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I agree to an extent. Xmas is good for the kids and I enjoy the family get together. New year is a joke! Hate it. Another day in my opinion. A pathetic excuse for half the country to get ratarsed for no reason. This year will be even worse with all the cretins from the old firm out in force! Can get pished any day I want, don't need a hyped up day to do it, buy a ticket to get in a pub where they rip u off anyway? No thanks! I'll see in the bells with the mrs then go to bed and go to work on the 1st.

I just don't think I have the vocabulary to express it. I like a party at least as much as the next man but feel the festive season has run its course. I'm not a pagan, not a Christian. These dates mean nothing to me. 

Flying back to Dubai. First time in years I'll be up for the bells. I've even broken my usual habits & gone for a window seat to watch the fireworks as we come in to land.

It'll probably be foggy.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

"Ah yes happy new year"

MANLY HANDSHAKE

Please kill me.

I like to offer a bro fist like some game of paper, rock, scissors and usually they just see it as awkward and the hand retreats.  

Archived