Hogmanay Plans

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Helpma said:

Flying back to Dubai. 

Christ, that reminds me that it's a year since the fire at that hotel. Where the f**k does the time go? It seems like only a couple of months ago I was watching it on TV.

Anyway, my Hogmanay plans are the following:

edrob.10yov1.jpg

Sounds like I'm similar to many on here, enjoyed the novelty of Hogmany when I was (much) younger but not really that interested in it now. Wouldn't go as far as Shandon though, a quick reciprocal good wish doesn't take much. And where I am a rejection will likely end in death. Mine.

For some reason watching Kylie from a concert at the Hydro instead of the A-League football or BBL cricket but probably the best choice. The way the beers are disappearing I'll be asleep before the bells in 4 hrs 15 mins. [emoji482]

Nowadays im an absolute lightweight when it comes to the bevy,so instead of going out tonight i shall be tucked up in bed by 11 because on the 1st its been a bit of a tradition for years that i meet up up with some good pals and we have a bit of a pub crawl which has become a better laugh than going out on hogmany

Flying back to Dubai. First time in years I'll be up for the bells. I've even broken my usual habits & gone for a window seat to watch the fireworks as we come in to land.

It'll probably be foggy.

... or the flight will be delayed an hour and a half and I'll be somewhere over Iran at the bells. Now praying not to see any fireworks heading our way ....

Last few years since we moved out of town it's become more trouble than it's worth to go out for Hogmanay - this year we got invites to go to pals' places in Kirky and somewhere out towards Paisley, both of which would have involved either taking the car or playing that taxi bingo game when you want to leave at 3am and end up waiting till 7am when the fucking thing arrives.

Might go along to the Queen's Park game at Hampden later - only a few stops on the train, and it avoids the inevitable carnage in town after the twin cheeks slap together at 12.30...

I'll defo down a few later on tonight though - think I'm sorted for beers:

DSCF0001.JPG

Last few years since we moved out of town it's become more trouble than it's worth to go out for Hogmanay - this year we got invites to go to pals' places in Kirky and somewhere out towards Paisley, both of which would have involved either taking the car or playing that taxi bingo game when you want to leave at 3am and end up waiting till 7am when the fucking thing arrives.
Might go along to the Queen's Park game at Hampden later - only a few stops on the train, and it avoids the inevitable carnage in town after the twin cheeks slap together at 12.30...
I'll defo down a few later on tonight though - think I'm sorted for beers:

DSCF0001.JPG

Get that Stella Cidre poured down the sink.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sitting in alone and bored feeling sorry for myself

Could be worse, you could be out.

I'm trying to put my finger on why it's so shite and I think its cos it's a couples thing.

Nights out with the lads are always a great laugh. When you have the other half in tow it's never quite the same.

Also, house parties, have never liked them. Prefer a pub any day of the week. That and the fact I can drink any time I want doesn't leave hogmanay with much going for it.

Thinking of heading into Stirling to watch the fireworks providing the bairn stays awake or goes for a wee sleep before we go out. Thought about going in for the street parade between 6:30 & 8 but it's to be pissing the rain so f**k taking the bairn through to that just to get soaked then have f**k all to do between 8 and midnight.

Never been out at Hogmanay before, usually been a gaff or just staying in, but been reluctantly persuaded into going to the fucking Cathouse of all places tonight. Going to Platform 18 on NYD to make up for it.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Could be worse, you could be out.

I'm trying to put my finger on why it's so shite and I think its cos it's a couples thing.

Nights out with the lads are always a great laugh. When you have the other half in tow it's never quite the same.

Also, house parties, have never liked them. Prefer a pub any day of the week. That and the fact I can drink any time I want doesn't leave hogmanay with much going for it.

There's a free bash a couple of hundred yards away from my house with bands, bar and fireworks etc, but it's a bit damp and chilly so I don't think I can be arsed.

We've been asked to go out to a friends for a drink but we're at MK in Edinburgh last night and really cba moving now anyway after only 3 hours sleep last night, I'm away to bed just now for a couple of hours then see how I feel after tea time. I'm not a big fan of new year so hopefully it'll be a night spent chilling and save ourselves from the steak pie dinner tomorrow. 

Archived