Divorce

Cerberus

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

As for divorce, in my experience of people getting divorced it seems to be the best thing that's happened to them in a long time and both parties are happier than ever, that probably says more about the person they originally married though not being right in the first place, certainly in both my uncles cases. 

Fife. What's it like.

Marriage just seems stupid these days. It's surely an out of date institution now that civil partnerships are available to all couples. To my mind, the only reason to get married is from a legal standpoint, and even then that's highly dubious.

Isn't there something you can sign before getting married or having a civil partnership that stops all this sort of pish (i.e. folk 'taking half of everything' simply because they've split up with someone)?

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

What you can expect from a divorce.

Lose half yer assets.

Lose the house.

Lose half yer pension.

Barely see your kids

Pay maintenance for those kids you don't see.

Can do nothing to stop her moving away with your kids.

Women really did a number on men. I for 1 admire our new overlords who have the cheek to say it's a mans world.

Do lawyers actually marry? Seems given they see 1st hand the consequences of that 'I do' that they wouldn't dare.

Indeed.   I remember Moria going on one of her "Women deserve equal pay rants" after coming home late from her third job.   I kept trying to tell her that she'll deserve equal pay when she earns what I earns,  and I never forced her into looking for a fourth job.   To this day I still don't think she gets it.  

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

If you acquired the wife after the house she would only be entitled to half the increase in value of the house over the period of the marriage. If you acquired the wife before the house she would be entitled to half the value of the house...again as I understand it, lawyer to confirm etc

Generally, that's right. I think that there are cases where it hasn't worked like that but I can't be fucked checking - involved a pharmacy or something.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

He was tempted but when you've got your 6 year old boy coming round to your house in tears because, "mummy said that you're going to have her put in jail", he thought it was best just to get the horrible cow to f**k. 

That's fucking evil. Manipulative c**t. (her, clearly)

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Me and my girlfriend have been to 10 weddings that I can think of since 2010 and 3 of them are now separated and one is very turbulent from what we know. The ones that have gone Tits up have been for the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Been back for 5 weddings since I moved here, and been to 2 over here. All of them still together, though a couple of them could fall apart any time and no one would be surprised.

The original Mrs Meister decided that after 16 years of marriage that I no longer, if I ever did, matched her financial and social aspirations and she wanted a divorce. No worries I said but if you want a divorce you are paying all the legal fees and doing whatever needs done. Sox weeks after the decree nisi was sent to me a bill from her lawyer dropped through my door expecting me to pay half of the costs. The lawyer was told to ram it and I never paid a penny.
Still been fleeced sideways ever since though paying maintenence for my daughters. And I have just found out that since they have left home to go to University I give them money each month and she doesn't give them a penny.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Been back for 5 weddings since I moved here, and been to 2 over here. All of them still together, though a couple of them could fall apart any time and no one would be surprised.

One of them i called a mile off, the guy who was a mate of mine was the type of soppy b*****d who would constantly talk about how much he loved the girl he was with and had many car crash relationships and this one she was older and had kids and it started off so quickly with him posting about how happy they were on Facebook all the time. Seriously cringe stuff and anyone with any sense could see it was going to go tits up. The wedding came within a year of them knowing each other, then came a kid and then about 18 months into the marriage it was all over after a completely horrendous time for the poor guy. Constantly falling out and her throwing him out the house and him always crawling back to her until it eventually couldn't go on any longer. Quite funny though as his original posts on Facebook were fucking annoying. 

A mate of mine married a stunning blonde Dutch girl about 15 years younger than him. Naturally a couple of years later she ran off with someone more her own age. He got back from work one day to find they'd taken the washing machine, fridge and cooker away from his kitchen. He's now blissfully happy with an old fat bird.

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

When my mate was getting divorced, his ex tried to take him to the cleaners. She'd moved into his house when they got married. Although she'd paid literally f**k all towards mortgage and bills in the 6 years or so together, she still wanted half the house and car etc

It wasn't until after she'd moved out the golden ticket dropped through door in the way of a bank statement.

Turns out that while she was doing her nurse training and the subsequent year or two after qualifying, she'd claimed to be a single mother and was horsing all the benefits she could get.

She was claiming almost £800 a month she wasn't entitled to, for 5 years, while he was struggling to pay the bills and support them.

A quick phone and she was told she was getting nothing, or she would be getting reported for fraud. A lot of screaming and shouting ensued, but she walked away with nothing. Spiteful cow still tried to turn the kid against him.

How many times have guys said to themselves what does she see in him?

Here is your answer. Money money money.

A mate of mine married a stunning blonde Dutch girl about 15 years younger than him. Naturally a couple of years later she ran off with someone more her own age. He got back from work one day to find they'd taken the washing machine, fridge and cooker away from his kitchen. He's now blissfully happy with an old fat bird.

Again I really can't express how furious this sort of thing makes me. I would find it hard not to hunt them down and dismember them.

35 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Can't wait for my wedding in 2018 - thanks guys :lol:

If it's any consolation I am very happily married after nearly 17 years and love the wife to bits*

Most of the time

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Can't wait for my wedding in 2018 - thanks guys :lol:

It's not to late to bail out. I scrapped one as I knew it was the wrong thing to do. I liked the girl but couldn't stand her family and knew that they'd drive me nuts eventually.