Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic: Happy New Year

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not especially confident, but we really need to start winning games. Disappointed to come away with two draws from Utd and Hibs so we are moving in the right direction.

Interested to see what Locke does with Davidson once everyone is fit. He's been fantastic at Right Back, all things considered. I can see him being shoe-horned in the team somewhere.

Not especially confident, but we really need to start winning games. Disappointed to come away with two draws from Utd and Hibs so we are moving in the right direction.
Interested to see what Locke does with Davidson once everyone is fit. He's been fantastic at Right Back, all things considered. I can see him being shoe-horned in the team somewhere.

You should be extremely confident given that you scraped a draw out of what should have been an absolute routing at Hibs.

9 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Where is this Faiss loan speculation coming from? Can't see it happening given Dundee are struggling for goals.

Sorry, I think I started it. AJ seems to pick up subliminal messages from me so it's worth a shot. 

We need to start turning these "we should have won" games into actual wins and there would be no better place than Stark's Park to do so. We should have beaten Ayr, Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dumbarton and Queens so that's 10 points we've dropped from winnable games. We didn't really turn up in the last game in Kirkcaldy but we're in decent form and I'm hopeful Higginbotham coming back in (and maybe going back to Fordyce in the middle with Martin at right back) can see us get at least a point. If we get anything at all then this run of games has been decent, but if we lose then it's worrying with the crazy run of only 2 home games in the next 2 months (and 6 I think away games) coming up. I'm more hopeful than I was on Monday but still not very confident. I'd take a shitfest of a 0-0 like the game at EEP if it was on offer tbh.

Which was exactly the point... how many teams who have been relegated or missed out on promotion/play-offs or whatever do you hear saying "if only we'd turned those draws where we dominated into wins"? I'm genuinely worried which is why beating your wee team would be a good place to start turning these games into wins. And PotM is of course right in that it's 11 points. I do wonder if a more positive manager (and a bit of good luck) would have seen us up near the top 4 but we'll never know.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Nice to see Pars fans still going on about games they 'should've won'. I remember the same chat before and after our routine walkover in August with a cripple in goals.

:lol: Still brilliant to think back about that. Lennox was totally fucked during the game, but I can't even remember any massive chances the Pars had in the second half. 

I'll be quite happy if we have McHattie and Thomson back, along with Callachan. Also, ideally we can get the Ryan Hardie situation cleared up before then. I'd love to have him involved in a game like this. 

We're going to win, should be beating utter shite like this at home if we're keen on the playoffs. 

Would be great to get Hardie back in, I've forgotten what a striker scoring looks like. 

Archived