Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic: Happy New Year

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth noting for Rovers fans we're the third worst side in the league over the past six matches, accumulating five points. Only Ayr and QoS have been worse. Matches played against the top two and the bottom four.

Not sure if two draws with Dundee United and Hibs in the last two has clouded judgement somewhat. We could've won both but equally could easily have lost them too.

I'm not too confident of a win. We've been pretty rotten for weeks now (since the clocks went back - shocker) but hopefully we can take the improved performances in our last two into this match. A weekly plea for Declan McManus to be dropped as well, one league goal in 15 starts for the bold Deco.

I'm maybe being pessimistic but I just don't see us as likely to score. From those last six games, our centre back and a winger who never plays are our only goal scorers. 0-0 or 1-1 for me, hope to be wrong.

21 minutes ago, Paco said:

Worth noting for Rovers fans we're the third worst side in the league over the past six matches, accumulating five points. Only Ayr and QoS have been worse. Matches played against the top two and the bottom four.

Not sure if two draws with Dundee United and Hibs in the last two has clouded judgement somewhat. We could've won both but equally could easily have lost them too.

I'm not too confident of a win. We've been pretty rotten for weeks now (since the clocks went back - shocker) but hopefully we can take the improved performances in our last two into this match. A weekly plea for Declan McManus to be dropped as well, one league goal in 15 starts for the bold Deco.

I'm maybe being pessimistic but I just don't see us as likely to score. From those last six games, our centre back and a winger who never plays are our only goal scorers. 0-0 or 1-1 for me, hope to be wrong.

I would agree with that to be honest.

There are shoots of progress following the Utd and Hibs games, but our strikers have not looked remotely threatening in months.  2 goals scored since October, thats scarily bad.

We'll lose here. Despite Andy Geggan being utter pish all season he was shoehorned back into the side on Monday and almost immediately gifted Falkirk a goal. Allan Johnston seems shit scared to drop him despite his pishness this season and he will probably be the difference between the sides.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I would agree with that to be honest.

There are shoots of progress following the Utd and Hibs games, but our strikers have not looked remotely threatening in months.  2 goals scored since October, thats scarily bad.

Aye, I'd agree - we've been largely shite in the final third. Stewart and McManus doesn't work and when he does split that partnership up, it's to replace Stewart with Skacel who's a waste of a wage. Stewart and Vaughan worked really well together 18 months ago, last time Vaughan was fit why not give them the chance now?

There were a couple of encouraging signs, not least the fact that Chris Johnston looks to be coming onto a game, now. Still, it's difficult to see us shaking off our lethargy in front of goal anytime soon.

Over the last 8 matches there is nothing in it. Us and The Pars are on 11 points from 8 games and have both drawn way to many games.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotchamp/form/eight

I think we are due a win. This will be it. 2-1 to the good guys. To avoid any doubt, that will be Raith Rovers.

Archived