Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic: Happy New Year

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

We're going to win, should be beating utter shite like this at home if we're keen on the playoffs. 

Would be great to get Hardie back in, I've forgotten what a striker scoring looks like. 

All depends on the form obviously. I felt he had a good partnership with Stewart last season. If we can keep Bobby Barr fit, and either get Coustrain or Johnstone in similar form then that would be brilliant. It was excellent watching Hardie sink St Mirren and Morton last season. At times he was unplayable along with Connolly and Longridge. Shame we don't have those three this season or I think we'd be turning our draws into wins. Even to get Hardie back, I'd hope we don't make the same mistake as St Mirren and have him in rotation with 3 other forwards. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd love it if you had McHattie back as well tbf.

He's been excellent for us. I wasn't looking forward to him, but he's not had any massive howlers defensively and is a bit more reassuring than Rory McKeown going forward. 

I think we have conceded 3 goals since the end of October,and they have all been great goals.

Bene and MVoto have been absolutely outstanding. If we can just look a bit more threatening up top we will be fine.

If Bene and M'Voto are in the same form as Saturday we'll keep a clean sheet, hopefully Bobby is back in form and create some chances up top for the strikers to put away.

Benedictus is suspended for this one. So either Barr comes in if McHattie isn't back or Davidson moves across to centre half.

We should have beat Falkirk yesterday, but they are a fucking gang. Raith have a considerably better defence and M'Voto was the one stopping us getting any joy in the last game.

That's Joe Cardle had his chance now, so Higgy coming back in should be no surprise. Guess it would be unfair to drop McCabe but I feel having Wedderburn in the middle for a game like this would be key. Dominated the midfield in the last game and won pretty much all the 2nd balls. We're on a good unbeaten run just now and should be confident going into this. Improved considerably since the last game at Starks. 

2-1 away win. John Herron to get his first senior goal and an overhead own goal by their goalkeeper. 

Benedictus missing is a real blow. Can only imagine big sexy Craig Barr will play centre half with M'Voto, which isn't a terrible partnership. Davidson has been an excellent stand in but the last few months but we need to go with our strongest available back four, which is Thomson, Barr, M'Voto & McHattie. Get Callachan back in the middle of the park with Thompson, too. I'd drop Skacel for Vaughan in the 10 position, he needs another run in the team.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Benedictus missing is a real blow. Can only imagine big sexy Craig Barr will play centre half with M'Voto, which isn't a terrible partnership. Davidson has been an excellent stand in but the last few months but we need to go with our strongest available back four, which is Thomson, Barr, M'Voto & McHattie. Get Callachan back in the middle of the park with Thompson, too. I'd drop Skacel for Vaughan in the 10 position, he needs another run in the team.

Wouldn't be so sure about Barr coming right in at centre back. He came on to shore up the midfield on Saturday, but I'd imagine we'd go with Davo and M'Voto in the middle and our first choice fullbacks. 

Excited to see this Barr, curious if he's actually decent or just another guff nobody the Rovers fans are circlewanking over.

Coming from a supporter of Dunfermline Athletic, who got themselves to the brink of the tickly bit over Ben Richards-Everton before he was shown up as a the League 1 player he is. Sit the f**k down.

Coming from a supporter of Dunfermline Athletic, who's supporters got themselves to the brink of the tickly bit over Ben Richards-Everton before he was shown up as a the League 1 player he is. Sit the f**k down.

I remember plenty of comments about his physique and dominating physical play, his ability in regards to technical defending was always questionable at best, we just want to be held by him because he is a sexy man not because he's a good defender.

I'll take that as an "aye, we collectively spunked our wad over some mediocre future East Fife player".

Thought as much.

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Excited to see this Barr, curious if he's actually decent or just another guff nobody the Rovers fans are circlewanking over.

You could be right. He's certainly no Joe Cardle. 

I remember plenty of comments about his physique and dominating physical play, his ability in regards to technical defending was always questionable at best, we just want to be held by him because he is a sexy man not because he's a good defender.

I'll take that as an "aye, we collectively spunked our wad over some mediocre future East Fife player".

Thought as much.

Not sure where you've got that from. Barr is a very good championship centre half.

Archived