If Queenie dies soon will we all get a lazy day?

Booker-T

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, resk said:

Now may be a good time to start a campaign aimed at convincing your workmates that you're a massive monarchist. A royal wedding commemorative mug, union fleg tie, GSTQ ringtone, that kind of pish.

"Aye he's taking the full 12 days off. It's hit him really hard."

I think folk at my work would have trouble believing that after years of anti-monarchy stuff from me whenever the topic comes up. Maybe I could lay the ground work by claiming I was in an accident over Christmas and suffered massive brain damage.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

EDIT: Meanwhile, in Yugoslavia...

Tito's legend from WWII did a lot to hold Yugoslavia together and that quickly began to fade once he was no longer around. Will be interesting to see to what extent QEII has been having a similar effect in the UK given there is also a strong WWII related mythology going on.

11 hours ago, resk said:

I see a minimum three days off work on full pay as my divine right. Got a day off for the last big wedding whenever that was. Didn't switch the telly on.

Aye we got a Friday off the last time two of the c***s tied the knot. I went away up to Corrour the whole weekend, that place in Trainspotting.

27 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Aye we got a Friday off the last time two of the c***s tied the knot. I went away up to Corrour the whole weekend, that place in Trainspotting.

I Still had to work, remember some old biddy having a go at me for working during it. 

13 hours ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Thankfully she's older than 90. That means the grief junkies can't ram a minutes applause on the xx minute down our necks

She's currently #goingfor66 

When Diana died I played Championship Manager on the Amiga for 8 days solid.  My Club Brugge side was a behemoth.  I nicknamed star striker Ibrahima Bakayoko as The Indispensible Bakayoko.

Scotland also thumped Belarus in a qualifier.

Happy times if you ignored the bizarre and frightening mass hysteria happening the length and breadth of the country.

Archived