If Queenie dies soon will we all get a lazy day?

Booker-T

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

The tears of thousands will be aired on Twitter after the 1st Celtic game after the queen pegs it. The minutes silence will be a belter.

I would assume that we have everyone's permission to rip the piss at this minutes silence?

Tbh I'll be mildly sad when she goes. Remember vaguely a documentary where she's talking to an American big wig before one of the Iraq wars. She asks him if he's planning go to Baghdad to talk to Saddam before it all kicks off, and he mutters something about security considerations. Ted Heath butted in to say he would certainly go, and Lizzie replied impatiently, "Yes Edward, but you're expendable.".

I honestly can't see her making many public appearances this year, this "cold" will have scared her advisors and doctors, they'll be going out their way I think to ensure she is in as good a health they can manage, Philip on the other hand has looked progressively weaker in the last 3-4 years and I honestly can't see him having much time left. (Will their be the same mourning period for him also?)

Charles will have a pretty short reign, before William becomes the crowns saviour the daily mail predicts him to be.

I've always thought the idea that they bring money in is bollocks. Nobody refuses to visit Paris anymore. Nobody is suggesting destroy all the palaces. Keep them open as tourist attractions.

The idea they bring in tourist money is utter shite. France n usa make billions out of tourists despite being republics n Ireland isn't short of tourists either. It's high time the inbred lizards were sacked n made to get a job. Might at least stop Edward hanging bout hampstead heath n Andrew using raf to be the new Saville.

One poster asked the question about other countries and what their specimens do for mourning.

Well as you all the the GREAT King of Thailand died a few months ago. I read on the BBC website before it was announced officially here in Thailand.

I was about 19;00 in the evening and the wife walked in and said her King had died, then went out and came back with a bottle of wine and sat with a few of the neighbours. She doesn't normally drink.
We are then told that night 30 days of mourning. No parties or music after 6pm. But life was and is the same. Most wore black during that time, and a many are still doing it.
New King was sworn in, no TV converge, then they played the next day.
New Year Bells, we were all told to have 89 second of silence at the bbells (his age) and 9 minutes of prayers after (he was the 9 king of this dynasty).
That didn't happen where I like, they were all pushed and fireworks as usual. At this time we don't even know when the funeral will be.

What is worse no holiday as from yet. This comes from a country who love him.

If the government read this. It was WTM, he made me do it.

Archived