Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

How dare you disrespect The Cowden Slayer like that.

Didn't see your mob beating them, diddies

Aw the p***k who's spent the vast majority of his career in the juniors. He's pish.

Couldn't make today's game due to a prior engagement but absolutely delighted at the scoreline and with what I am reading about Stirling's performance.

I'm not going to cover old ground with regards to the clubs changes however it took a brave man to play all the new players today, and it sounds like that chance payed off for Mackay.

Let's just hope we've turned the corner and it's not another false dawn, time will tell.

As for Clyde, it really sounds like you are a broken team at the moment. I was absolutely lambasted by a section of your posters when I said that PJ was a terrible footballer who was worse at Right Back, but I think I have been proved right.

For what it's worth, I take no joy from that because a couple of my friends are Clyde supporters so I know your trials and tribulations well and a lot of you deserve some "success" for the way you have stuck by your club.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.....PJ IS NOT A RIGHT BACK. I have absolutely no coaching badges and I can see that, why can't/couldn't Barry Ferguson and Stuart McLaren?

I suspect Ross Forsyth had tipped Dave Mackay off to this fact and decided to exploit that area.

Final word. One of the pleasing aspects to a dire season (so far) has been the emergence of Ross Kavanagh, delighted to see him score today and sign on for another year, it's the cherry on top of a fantastic day.

Stirling fully deserved the points today against a completely spineless clyde side. We won f**k all today, second to every ball and when we.got the ball we sent it flying up to no c**t

For me the only highlight was the steak pie at half time, was brilliant.

Time for you to f**k off to writing about Rangers Ferguson! Disgraceful!

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Final word. One of the pleasing aspects to a dire season (so far) has been the emergence of Ross Kavanagh, delighted to see him score today and sign on for another year, it's the cherry on top of a fantastic day.

I once saved a shot from Ross Kavanagh playing football with him on a bit of grass in Cumbernauld when we were wee boys. #superstar

I wouldn't go as far as to say I know him well but he looked pretty decent today and took his goal well. Best of luck to him.

Bikey, obviously, was a class above as well. Up against a tragically bad defence admittedly, but a very impressive performance.

Clyde were still in the game at half time but changing to 3 at the back at half time upset the pattern it was too late by the time they reverted back to a back 4. Stirling were sharper Clyde looked flat footed and lacking a bit of confidence perhaps Montrose a good game to get back on track. Other teams will go through a dip hopefully this one is coming to an end ....

Just listened to Barry's post match interview. My God, there's a man who has no idea what the problems are. If you're in any doubt that he hasn't a clue, just listen to this. 

'It's not our fault once they cross the line', 'it's the first time they've acknowledged its up to them', 'we need some fresh blood', etc..... 

He might have been a good player, but he is out of his fucking depth now. Fuckin clueless. 

1 hour ago, sydney said:

'It's not our fault once they cross the line'

I was doubled-over in a wince after hearing that. Deary me. Rare that a manager turns things around following comments of that nature.

Just listened to Barry's post match interview. My God, there's a man who has no idea what the problems are. If you're in any doubt that he hasn't a clue, just listen to this. 
'It's not our fault once they cross the line', 'it's the first time they've acknowledged its up to them', 'we need some fresh blood'

I'm stunned at the last comment, especially considering how much "fresh blood" he's brought in during his time.

I haven't seen Clyde play for years, but from skimming this thread - Phil Johnston at right back? :lol: McLaughlin actually getting a game?! David Gormley getting a game?! No wonder you're struggling. Ewan McNeil was decent for us a few years ago at right back, why is he not playing there over Johnston?

Was hoping Clyde would come back up as I'd rather go there than Forfar, Arbroath or Elgin, get it sorted please.

Phil Johnston was primarly a winger at Stirling Albion because of his pace, but his final ball / cross ability was never good enough.  So we tried him at full back a few times and he was even worse there.  Seems BF is going through a similar process trying to fit him in the Clyde team.  I'm afraid PJ just isn't good enough to play anywhere in a team at this level.

Wasn't that long ago Clyde thumped Arbroath in the cup... what's the deal?  Was that basically the same team who have lost confidence in the last 5 weeks or so?

Phil Johnston was primarly a winger at Stirling Albion because of his pace, but his final ball / cross ability was never good enough.  So we tried him at full back a few times and he was even worse there.  Seems BF is going through a similar process trying to fit him in the Clyde team.  I'm afraid PJ just isn't good enough to play anywhere in a team at this level.
Wasn't that long ago Clyde thumped Arbroath in the cup... what's the deal?  Was that basically the same team who have lost confidence in the last 5 weeks or so?

We've lost 3 games since the league started. Edinburgh 1-0, Clyde 3-2 and Clyde 5-0... f**k knows what happened that night.

Ferguson is hopeless and I said this before we pumped them 4-0 and after we got pumped by them 5-0 not long after I took stick for it.

He's made an utter c**t of it the past 4 years or however long he's been there. Always some pre season optimism, some decent signings, then a couple of bad performances and he turns into an irrational idiot.

How many players has the guy went through??? Useless.

I think when Clyde beat us 5-0 in the cup they were 1 point ahead of us in the league. Fast forward a month and results yesterday meant we went 10 points clear of them. Some collapse, shows just how inept Ferguson is. Some of the stuff he comes away with in post match interviews is laughable too, almost feel sorry for Clyde fans.

Archived